Is Evadale overated????

Dawg Fan

Guest Burkeville Chronicle
It is wrong to say "you guys kill me"....just like some people in Evadale talk trash on this site..some do in Burkeville as well..and some do not....the majority of Mustang fans respect what the Rebels have done this season. It is wrong to lump an entire community as trash talkers just like it would be unfair to lump all rebel fans as trash talkers. Not everyone here is absolutely ignorant.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I usually don't get too involved in this type of stuff.  But since we're bailing each other out, I think wham was saying it seems odd for someone to talk about a team not being very good when they have already lost to them.  To be honest, it seems odd to me also.  Don't be hattin, I'm like you, just calling it the way I see it.  You're right, [b]everyones[/b] entitled to their opinion and I think wham, mo, 83, chronicle, whoever is also entitled. 

In my opinion I think this thread is stupid...just like a thread topic of "Are The Stangs That Horrible?" would be.  But that's just my opinion, no skin off my back.  I also don't believe anyone thinks all Burkeville posts are ignorant, its not hard to pick out the ones with football savy.

Alright, this thread is really weak. Heres the facts: Evadale is the reigning district champs, there are still three games left in district play, if you have played evadale and lost stop talkin about it and worry about getting a playoff birth, if you have yet to play evadale be ready because there will be no let down of this team throughout the game, when its playoff time and your not in, feel bad because instead of worrying about winning you were worried about your verbal assault on the rebels after you already lost, all it does is make you feel better and evadale feel greater. Have some pride about yourself say " It was a good game but, we just couldnt pull it out" instead of whining about busted plays and blown calls by the refs, worry about next week and look back on the game and see what you can do to execute your busted plays and prevent having calls from going your way. I just think this topic should be shut down. You people are talking about 14-18 year old high school players like they are professional athletes they arent getting paid to play they're playing because they love the game and enjoy representing their school when these athletes begin to get paid then talk about overrated but until then just give these kids praise for what they do for your town and what the same age kids are doing for their towns. Good luck to all district 23 1a teams...

GO REBELS!!!

First, good post dascoon, next            "Evadale sun now but the rain is coming lets say the week of November 13,2009. First playoff game they will be out...  First round as always, so much for being so solid... They will be playing basketball..." 

« Last Edit: Today at 09:35:45 AM by MUSTANGPRIDE » 

If that ain't trash talking, heck I don't know what is!!!  Some of you guys are too nice,  If he's ignorant, call it straight up.  pride, you said you haven't trashed Evadale, that statement above says different.  You lawyer types can pick it apart and say I'm wrong but, uh, that's trash. 
Evadale handled us pretty well, I guess I should be happy they might lose their first playoff game too.  Nah, they beat us straight up and we'll get em sooner or later, it's all part of the game.    GET OVER IT!!!!    We have.

[quote name="DVILLE-GORILLA" post="683310" timestamp="1256247841"]
First, good post dascoon, next            "Evadale sun now but the rain is coming lets say the week of November 13,2009. First playoff game they will be out...  First round as always, so much for being so solid... They will be playing basketball..."  

« Last Edit: Today at 09:35:45 AM by MUSTANGPRIDE »  

If that ain't trash talking, heck I don't know what is!!!  Some of you guys are too nice,  If he's ignorant, call it straight up.  pride, you said you haven't trashed Evadale, that statement above says different.  You lawyer types can pick it apart and say I'm wrong but, uh, that's trash.  
Evadale handled us pretty well, I guess I should be happy they might lose their first playoff game too.  Nah, they beat us straight up and we'll get em sooner or later, it's all part of the game.     GET OVER IT!!!!    We have.
[/quote]

When i said that I was not trashing Evadale's team, I was referring to my very first post, in which I stated my opinion on the question that was ask. In that post I did not trash Evadale's team. However the next two post were simply answering the post that were posted by 83_ alumni and whambulance. And no matter who says what, I have seen Evadale play and I must say I EXPECTED much more from this team, I mean especially from their ranking, the media, and all the hype that surrounds this team. I just didn't see what the fuss was about.......  Again, that's just " my opinion."  There are alot of great ball clubs in South East Texas, these teams bring it every Friday night... what I saw in burkeville that raining friday night was one team, (my beloved mustangs) who could not get it together, offensively.. v/s a mediocre team, who was able to capitalize on our mistakes. So no hard feelings to Evadale.. you did what u were suppose to do.. When, I think about whether a team is overrated or underrated, I think about how that team plays, week after week after, does the team play with that dedication, fire and passion for the game. Do they bring the field and the crowd alive with their plays? Do they have the love for the game? Are they consistent? And probably many of you will answer yes to the questions for your ball club.. I saw the dedication in Evadales team, but that was all that I saw. I'm not taking anything from Evadale's ball club, when I answered the post it was strictly my opinion and not meant to trash anybody's team. After, reading  the post regarding Evadale and West Hardin, u people are saying the same thing I've been saying " Where's the Fire, Rebels"? So again, do I think that Evadale is overrated? my stance is still the same ... yes they are!!!!

Well the Rebels have done their part, all be it that #9 on the season is a forfeit win. If the Bulldogs can get through HI this Friday then we will have a playoff athmosphere in Evadale on Nov 6th.

The Rebels will enter undefeated @ 9-0, 6-0 in district and Colmesneil will enter @ 7-2, 6-0 in district. This will be a great test for both schools and the fact that the district title will be on the line makes it even better. Both schools will be advancing and playing the next week, but only one will be the 23A Champs.

Several on this thread and on the SETX rankings don't think very highly of Evadale, District 23A and Colmesneil for that matter. I have not heard much from anyone until the last week or so about the Bulldogs. They have won five district games in a row. That's impressive.

I don't think the Rebels are overrated, and I sure want to get into the playoffs and win some to prove all the "NAY SAYERS" wrong. But that's just me. I want all the teams in the playoffs to do well even the schools who's fans have been so down on the Rebels. I think except for a few really disturbed individuals who post on 23A threads we have great fans who are passionate about their kids and their teams.

Way to go 23A and of course the Rebels!

It ain't bragging if you can actually do it.  I say going undefeated is actually doing it.  The person who likely started this thread was likely a victim of the Mighty Rebels, much like a squirrel who explodes after getting run over by a truck. 

Evadale, you are where everyone else wants to be.  Be proud, but not satisfied.

[quote name="whambulance" post="683064" timestamp="1256230934"]
[quote author=MUSTANGPRIDE link=topic=60875.msg682925#msg682925 date=1256221858]
[quote author=83_Alumni link=topic=60875.msg682361#msg682361 date=1256154121]
[quote author=MUSTANGPRIDE link=topic=60875.msg682221#msg682221 date=1256144524]
[quote author=Dawg Fan link=topic=60875.msg676710#msg676710 date=1255703117]
Does Anybody else think that evadale is overrated???
[/quote]

Yes, I think is Evadale is very overrated.. Yes they did win against Burkeville, but only because Burkeville had to make serious line adjustments that put them at a disadvantage. I not making excuses for Burkeville , just stating facts. For example, the starting senior quarterback had to play another position, while the freshman quarterback had to fill his spot. Those are big adjustments,offensively, that can cost you, especially in the type of weather they had to play in. I have another question, If Evadale is so great and not overrated, Why is it they lose in the first round of the playoffs? At least Burkeville, when winning has at least made it to round two or three every time.. That's because Burkeville was a very solid ball club, and NEVER OVERRATED!!! We had few shaky years, but be assured the Stangs, are back and on the rise.. Go Mustangs!!!
[/quote]

if Evadale is overated what does that make Burkeville??  A has been!! Sure y'all are on the rise, but right now it is Evadale time in the sun.
[/quote]
Evadale sun now but the rain is coming lets say the week of November 13,2009. First playoff game they will be out...  First round as always, so much for being so solid... They will be playing basketball...
[/quote]So, the Stangs will playing [b]what sport [/b] the week before that?  You guys kill me!  It's ignorant to trash a team that you've already lost to, absolutely ignorant.  Nobody from Evadale is making BOLD playoff predictions, they're just playing who ever lines up against them each week.
[/quote]
The disadvantage Burkeville had is that they. SUCK REALLY BAD!

[quote name="MUSTANGPRIDE" post="682221" timestamp="1256144524"]
[/quote]

Yes, I think is Evadale is very overrated.. Yes they did win against Burkeville, but only because Burkeville had to make serious line adjustments that put them at a disadvantage. I not making excuses for Burkeville , just stating facts. For example, the starting senior quarterback had to play another position, while the freshman quarterback had to fill his spot. Those are big adjustments,offensively, that can cost you, especially in the type of weather they had to play in. I have another question, If Evadale is so great and not overrated, Why is it they lose in the first round of the playoffs? At least Burkeville, when winning has at least made it to round two or three every time.. That's because Burkeville was a very solid ball club, and NEVER OVERRATED!!! We had few shaky years, but be assured the Stangs, are back and on the rise.. Go Mustangs!!!
[/quote]

Wait, when's the last time Burkeville even thought about winning a district championship or going to the playoffs? I know the past few years Evadale has been 1 & done in playoffs but at least they're in the hunt for a district title & playoff spot. Im sure you can count the [b]wins[/b] Burkeville has had in the past 3 years on one hand. Burkeville's been a joke ever since Coach Harper left & they still are. If they are so good they would've beat us in the mud & rain like we beat them. Even if the conditions would've been perfect we still would've whipped yall. As for playoffs we'll see come November. Were gonna prove to everyone that we're done with the "1st Round Curse". Im not sayin were gonna take State but we have a good shot a winnin at least 2 maybe 3 games. Hope your ready for it, I dont see Burkeville beating Evadale in the next few years. District titles & playoffs spots for yall are just a thought now.

[size=14pt][b][color=blue]EVADALE REBELS 10-0 BACK-2-BACK DISTRICT CHAMPS!!![/color][/b][/size]

Guest checkmate
Evadale has more trash talkers than anyone on this site..everyone not from there says so..it makes the legit posters from Evadale look bad. You Evadale trash talkers ever wonder why most people want to see you get your butt kicked so bad??????  Burkeville may have not had many wins in the past few years..but they have 2 state rings in football...what would you rather have All Day? Remember....all winning teams eventually hit a down slope..believe it or not that includes your Rebels too...so enjoy your success and stop bragging. It is making everyone sick.

ok the old saying is              its not what you done              its what have you done lately

i think the mustangs have grown in leep and bounds but thier not the better team this year

oh and if we would have been playing  dry you would not have gotten the 12 yards you got

Guest Burkeville Chronicle
Trophyman...I agree..the Mustangs are certainly not better than the Rebels this year ...and we have grown alot this year..in fact, our players are already excited about next year..they can't wait to hit the weights and run....but can we really blame the weather and say what would have happened had it not been raining? Evadale won....they won fair and square...that should be enough. Everyone in Burkeville knew Evadale was the better team. Good luck the rest of the year.

There's plenty of trash talking to go around, from all directions.  Everyone needs to realize that most of the silly stuff comes from kids being kids.  No biggie!!!  Hope the kids from all schools stay focused and finish the year strong and the leave the mouthing to the mature adults...LOL
(I guess I'm one of those trash talkers from Evadale)  :-\ :-\  Good luck in the playoffs 23A

• 2 weeks later...
  [quote name="MUSTANGPRIDE" post="683149" timestamp="1256236731"]
[quote author=whambulance link=topic=60875.msg683064#msg683064 date=1256230934]
[quote author=MUSTANGPRIDE link=topic=60875.msg682925#msg682925 date=1256221858]
[quote author=83_Alumni link=topic=60875.msg682361#msg682361 date=1256154121]
[quote author=MUSTANGPRIDE link=topic=60875.msg682221#msg682221 date=1256144524]
[/quote]

[/quote]

if Evadale is overated what does that make Burkeville??  A has been!! Sure y'all are on the rise, but right now it is Evadale time in the sun.
[/quote]
Evadale sun now but the rain is coming lets say the week of November 13,2009. First playoff game they will be out...  First round as always, so much for being so solid... They will be playing basketball...
[/quote]So, the Stangs will playing [b]what sport [/b] the week before that?  You guys kill me!  It's ignorant to trash a team that you've already lost to, absolutely ignorant.  Nobody from Evadale is making BOLD playoff predictions, they're just playing who ever lines up against them each week.
[/quote]
Nobody was trashing Evadale's team.. A question was ask, and an answer was given.. This is a forum for discussion of topics. People do have differences of opinions. You may think this team is not overrated, I happen to think that they are.. That's my opinion... whether Evadale's fans or other people like it or not... Alot people may think alot of things about Burkeville or any other school, and you are entitled to your own opinion. Your opinion doesn't influence anyone one way or the other..it just that "your opinion". And to answer the question what sport will Burkeville be playing the week before that- the answer is FOOTBALL.. check your schedules!!! GO MUSTANGS!!!!!
[/quote]Think you better check YOUR schedule...Rebs have a bye next week, so, Wham was correct...and NO...No overrating here!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami