The Chron makes poor excuse for NS

“Weather, when it's really bad, is an equalizer with two football teams,†North Shore coach David Aymond said. “It puts everybody at the same level. In other words, the game reverts into taking care of the football. You become more concerned about that than doing the other things and executing plays.â€

“Weather, when it's really bad, is an equalizer with two football teams,†North Shore coach David Aymond said. “It puts everybody at the same level. In other words, the game reverts into taking care of the football. You become more concerned about that than doing the other things and executing plays.â€

Yep... What a quote... I should have pasted that quote as well!

Just another obstacle

But no matter how great the weather's impact, you can never run from the final result.

“You don't want there to be any excuses or anything else to take away from the accomplishment the kids made,†Crosby coach Kevin Flanigan said. “It's raining on both sides of the field, so you have to play in the same conditions, and down here in this part of Texas, for sure, you're going to have to play in bad conditions, so you better be prepared.â€

That's what it comes down to — how prepared players are for weather, not necessarily by the coaches but in their own minds. Some get caught up in holding onto the ball and lose control of the game.

That's why Aymond refuses to blame the rain to the media and won't even give his players that out in private.

“It's not about the other team, it's not about the weather — it's about us,†he said. “I'm a big believer that you've got to overcome whatever the obstacle is.

“Football is a lot like life. You've got to earn everything, and the field conditions and weather conditions we play in create hardships just the way that life presents you with hardships.

“You've got to overcome.â€

It seems only one is STILL making excuses or whatever you want to call them. Good grief.

My problem with that article is that they didn't even mention that powerhouse BH losing a nailbiter to those upstart Patriots because of the bad field conditions only when we had the ball! ;D

Seriously though, I see what you mean, after the whole article talks about how it affected NS they throw in the 'well that's not what cost us the game. Hats off to PAM and Crosby they took down goliath in hteir classes. Give them their due!

The Chronicle has their teams that they are in love with and cover constantly. That is no secret and what NS did was incredible (the winning streak).

And if you dont think weather played a factor, you are crazy!

Yes PAM won, great job and I am glad the streak came to an end for NS!

All we're saying is weather was a factor for both teams, and one team did a better job dealing with it than the other team.Heck,they fumbling the center qb exchange, and know one made them throw the ball (3int's). Some people act like we can't beat them without the mud. Katy won by 2points when northshore snapped the ball out the endzone, no one says a thing about that (win). They had 7 pts that whole game. and it was bone (DRY). So that makes this whole conversation redundant, old, and  boring .Can we please stop dragging it through the MUD!!!!!!!

Aymond can't coach that well?  Go back and check how many games the man has lost the last 10 years or so.  Until this year the only time North Shore usually loses is in the playoffs.  During the past 7 or 8 years the team that usually beats them goes on to play in the state title game.  So while they may only have 1 title, the road to the state championship game goes through North Shore.

Converse Judson has beat them in the semi's on more than 1 occasion, last year it was Hightower, Pearland, Westfield and others have beat them also.  I think Aymond runs one of the better programs in the state and has the record to back it up.  I'm sure he would have like to have won more than 1 title, but this is Texas high school football.  In any other state North Shore would be perennial champions.  The loss to PAM looks like one of the worse losses he has suffered, and that not a slight to PAM, but lets let the season play out to see how good PAM ends up, and where North Shore ends up.

As far as the "recruiting" comment goes, that sounds like sour grapes, and I'd bet the house you have no facts to back that up.  This ain't Florida, in Texas there are rules in place that prohibit that kind of crap.

Guest Ranger83

Aymond can't coach that well?  Go back and check how many games the man has lost the last 10 years or so.  Until this year the only time North Shore usually loses is in the playoffs.  During the past 7 or 8 years the team that usually beats them goes on to play in the state title game.  So while they may only have 1 title, the road to the state championship game goes through North Shore.

Converse Judson has beat them in the semi's on more than 1 occasion, last year it was Hightower, Pearland, Westfield and others have beat them also.  I think Aymond runs one of the better programs in the state and has the record to back it up.  I'm sure he would have like to have won more than 1 title, but this is Texas high school football.  In any other state North Shore would be perennial champions.   The loss to PAM looks like one of the worse losses he has suffered, and that not a slight to PAM, but lets let the season play out to see how good PAM ends up, and where North Shore ends up.

As far as the "recruiting" comment goes, that sounds like sour grapes, and I'd bet the house you have no facts to back that up.  This ain't Florida, in Texas there are rules in place that prohibit that kind of crap.

Can you say "Metro Bus"?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed