Crazy finish from Michigan HS football

The announcer kept giving the holder of having great awareness. He had no awareness and didn't know what happened until the coach was waving at him and telling him to run. He had no clue and only picked up the ball in disgust.

I think the great awareness was the refs who didn't blow the ball dead when it would have been easy to do so.

That would of been a great game to be at.  The only question I have when seeing the video is the knee being down when the holder picks it up and what the ruling should be on that.

It does appear the holder's knee was down when he picked the ball up, however, play until the whistle blows is what I was always told!!!

That would of been a great game to be at.  The only question I have when seeing the video is the knee being down when the holder picks it up and what the ruling should be on that.

That is a good question and I wonder what the ruling is for a holder?  During a kick attempt, he is the only player on the field whose knee is already down in order to get the snap and place the ball.  Maybe there is a different rule for holders?

By the way, I also agree with the statement that he did not have 'great awareness' as he was holding the ball and walking around with his team mates until one of them heard the coach and they started telling him to run. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami