Who Will Win The District 20-4a title???

BeeJay3

I think with the remaining games, Vidor probably comes out the big loser in some close games.  The other close games may put Livingston out and Vidor in.  The top teams will have to watch out for Ozen, Nederland, and LCM as spoilers.  I'm obviously picking Lumberton to win out which is the higher probability IMO and the Lum/PNG game being almost a toss up at this point.  Here is my prediction:

Current     Final

1. Cen  3-0 ===> 7-0

2. PNG  3-0 ===> 5-2

2. Lum  1-2 ===> 5-2

4. Liv    1-2 ===> 4-3 (Liv wins tie break w/Vidor)

5. Vidor 2-1 ===> 4-3

6. Ned   1-2

8. Ozen

8. LCM

Key remaining games

Cen  0 losses

PNG  2 losses

Lum  0 losses

Vidor 2 losses

Liv    1 losses

Ned   3 losses

PNG  @  Cen = Central  ***but close

PNG  @  Lum = Lumberton ***but close

Vidor @  PNG = PNG

Vidor @ Ned = Vidor

Liv    @ Vidor = Livingston  ***but close

Cen  @ Ned = Central

Cen  @ Liv = Central  ***but close

Ned  @ Lum = Lumberton

Ned  @ Liv = Livingston

I agree somewhat. If Central keeps getting lucky they could win district. PNG has the problem of now having to face some big games. Vidor very well could do it. They have the same problem as Lumberton. Have to win out to win district or part of it. For Lumberton though somebody will have to have 2 big ole L in the lost column. Livingston, Ozen, LCM, Nederland, The same got to win out.

Lucky, huh?  I bet you were one of the people that say we were lucky last year as well, right?  ::)

No I'm not one of the ones saying ya'll were lucky last year. I was one of the one guys saying look how weak the big schools are in the playoffs this year. I mean come on all the small schools won most of the districts last year. I bet if Livingston and Lumberton had the chance to have played in the big school playoffs  they would probably made it to state not just 3 rounds.

HAHAHAHA i must say I think your name is an OxyMoron... due to the fact that nothing in what you have posted has given Central any credit... and being a good sport gives credit where credit is due...  you say they are lucky? Lucky how? because they capitalize on other teams mistakes? That isn't luck that is just good football.... IMO I was very proud of Central's acheivments last year... had a 1st year OC that is now in Fort Worth. He came in here blind to the youth he had... and then as a team they got it all figured out and went deep into the playoffs.... i do not see that as luck... hard work... determination... and good old blood sweat and tears.... So Central my hats off to you... not because your lucky... but because you WORK HARD!... I belive someone on here has a signature that says "Hard Work beats Talent, when Talent doesn't work Hard" Or something to that effect... All I can say is I am a pirate fan THROUGH AND THROUGH... but when the dust is settled and the clouds have cleared... i pull for whatever teams are left standing in the play off race until the last one is gone... 20-4A RULES! ROCK ON PIRATES!! WOOO HOOOO .... and that is all I have to say about that...

Go ahead Soulja you take a shot :-D

I think with the remaining games, Vidor probably comes out the big loser in some close games.  The other close games may put Livingston out and Vidor in.  The top teams will have to watch out for Ozen, Nederland, and LCM as spoilers.  I'm obviously picking Lumberton to win out which is the higher probability IMO and the Lum/PNG game being almost a toss up at this point.  Here is my prediction:

Current     Final

1. Cen  3-0 ===> 7-0

2. PNG  3-0 ===> 5-2

2. Lum  1-2 ===> 5-2

4. Liv    1-2 ===> 4-3 (Liv wins tie break w/Vidor)

5. Vidor 2-1 ===> 4-3

6. Ned   1-2

8. Ozen

8. LCM

Key remaining games

Cen  0 losses

PNG  2 losses

Lum  0 losses

Vidor 2 losses

Liv    1 losses

Ned   3 losses

PNG  @  Cen = Central  ***but close

PNG  @  Lum = Lumberton ***but close

Vidor @  PNG = PNG

Vidor @ Ned = Vidor

Liv    @ Vidor = Livingston  ***but close

Cen  @ Ned = Central

Cen  @ Liv = Central  ***but close

Ned  @ Lum = Lumberton

Ned  @ Liv = Livingston

I agree somewhat. If Central keeps getting lucky they could win district. PNG has the problem of now having to face some big games. Vidor very well could do it. They have the same problem as Lumberton. Have to win out to win district or part of it. For Lumberton though somebody will have to have 2 big ole L in the lost column. Livingston, Ozen, LCM, Nederland, The same got to win out.

Lucky, huh?  I bet you were one of the people that say we were lucky last year as well, right?  ::)

No I'm not one of the ones saying ya'll were lucky last year. I was one of the one guys saying look how weak the big schools are in the playoffs this year. I mean come on all the small schools won most of the districts last year. I bet if Livingston and Lumberton had the chance to have played in the big school playoffs  they would probably made it to state not just 3 rounds.

IMO Central is sitting in the best position as of now. It appears Central, PNG, Vidor, and Lumberton are the top four and Central has already beat Vidor and Lumberton. PNG still has to play all of the other three. Central and PNG control their own destiny. Vidor and Lumberton(Lumberton a little more) will need some help to get there, but that is still very possible. There is still plenty of football left. Also, I can't see a team with more than three losses making the playoffs.

IMO Central is sitting in the best position as of now. It appears Central, PNG, Vidor, and Lumberton are the top four and Central has already beat Vidor and Lumberton. PNG still has to play all of the other three. Central and PNG control their own destiny. Vidor and Lumberton(Lumberton a little more) will need some help to get there, but that is still very possible. There is still plenty of football left. Also, I can't see a team with more than three losses making the playoffs.

I think PN-G is in a good place as far as controlling their own destiny.  They are playing the toughest teams (except Ozen) they will need to get by to make the playoffs at the best time of the season...the end.  I think they will win over Vidor, and Lumberton..... Central will be the toughest.  IMO that looks like the game that will produce the district champion.  Best of luck to all and I hope we see a 20 4A team go deep (if not all the way) this year!

Lumberton is the youngest team in the district. This will be their "down" year. To be able to play the district frontrunners close and still manage to make the playoffs will be a major statement for Coach C and his staff and what they have been able to accomplish. Its great to see nearly all of the programs making great strides and creating a very competitive district. With that being said, I see Central, PNG, Vidor, Lumberton and Livingston battling for the 4 playoff spots. All 5 of the programs have varying strengths and weakness with PNG probably being the closest to having good defense, ability to run the ball and throwing the ball as an option. Lumbertons weakness is the kicking game and running the ball. Vidors weakness is throwing the ball and they are starting to play better defense. Livingston has no defense and cant throw the ball. Central has no glaring weakness. However their defense is suspect at times, and their offense can be inconsistent on occasion.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• We'll see. I don't trust us. 
    • Starting pitching has been shaky the last few weeks due to some injuries outside of Hagen Smith.  He goes tomorrow, so y’all should be fine 
    • Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
  • Topics