Arp vs Kville will it happen again. Will it be a differant story this year?

jjspeed8

I know it's early but this game is starting to look very possible again. Kville sounds like they are very good again this year. Is there anyone that will challenge Kville before playing Arp in the qtr's again. Arp looks to have the same road as last year and should roll right thru to Kville. I know it is a long ways off but most of you guys are southern Region supporters so I would like to have your opinion. Arp is bigger, faster and better this year.

If Arp is truly bigger, faster and better this year, it may be a tough road for the Cats.  That being said, if KV keeps improving each week, they will give any team they play a good game.  Of course, the Cats had better take it one week at a time, lest they get suprised by someone.  I think for any team to beat the Cats, they have to find a way to stop Ford; and if they do, the Cats have several  other backs that are pretty darn good.

Arp's offense and Defense have improved and gained size on the line. Arp's biggest gain is at QB he has been almost perfect on the season and is among the top 3 fastest kids on the team. A Big play threat we just didn't seem to have last year at QB. Still have Cooper and Wade. We have gained 4 other skill guys who were too young last year but tearing it up this year. Arp's LB's are bigger and seem to be as good or better than last years. But they haven't been truly challenged yet either. Arp's preseason schedule was ok but not the strongest either. Arp last win was 68-28 to Garrison which is believed to be a possible # 2 in district.

Guest ~old_wildcat~

I agree with catfan on stopping Ford,But Kirbyville so Far To Me Has Lacked The Intensity And Killer Instincts It Takes to Really Put Teams Away..They Have Good Speed,Good and Fast Defense..And The Offense Can Score from Anywhere On The Field..But Blowing 21 Point Leads,Dumb Penalties and Turn-Overs will Put You To Playing "round-ball" Early...I hope They Peak Around The Time They Play Newton..They Have Not Quite Peaked Out Yet....They Have The Talent..."GO Wildcat's"

Weaker opponents or not, we've still put all but one of them away - and in dominating fashion.  I will agree that Kirbyville is good and would be a touch match up for Anahuac, but we are far better this year than last season, and like I stated in a different post, the wildcats just don't seem to have that same swagger as last season - even with their brutal nondistrict schedule.  Yes they have been tested more, but we are talented enough to beat them!

In my opinion, K'ville will win their bi-district game again over CC, then face my Panthers in a dogfight.

To stay on topic...no K'ville will not face Arp again in my opinion!  ;)

Weaker opponents or not, we've still put all but one of them away - and in dominating fashion.  I will agree that Kirbyville is good and would be a touch match up for Anahuac, but we are far better this year than last season, and like I stated in a different post, the wildcats just don't seem to have that same swagger as last season - even with their brutal nondistrict schedule.  Yes they have been tested more, but we are talented enough to beat them!

In my opinion, K'ville will win their bi-district game again over CC, then face my Panthers in a dogfight.

To stay on topic...no K'ville will not face Arp again in my opinion!  ;)

Last year we had a balanced offense, but still dangerous on offense this year. If Anahuac think they gonna run on us, it aint happening. 

Old Wildcat is right on. The Cats lack the intensity of last year.  The defense has to learn to put teams away, and the turnovers have to stop.  The Cats should have learned that lesson vs Muleshoe last year.  Down by 1, forces a punt, fumble - Muleshoe put us away.

This years Arp team is a lot like watching Muleshoe. They run basically the same offensive stragety. Arp's gain in size is almost unreal for a 1 year change. They have an avg at 259 lb on the Oline and 245 on the Dline. I really expect to see Muleshoe there waiting on Arp this year. They have there studs back. That # 44 from muleshoe is a dang fast kid with good size. I got to say I hope to see Kville again. It was such a great game last year. I live so far away it's hard to get a good vibe on how good Kville is from east Texas.

Old Wildcat is right on. The Cats lack the intensity of last year.  The defense has to learn to put teams away, and the turnovers have to stop.  The Cats should have learned that lesson vs Muleshoe last year.  Down by 1, forces a punt, fumble - Muleshoe put us away.

This years Arp team is a lot like watching Muleshoe. They run basically the same offensive stragety. Arp's gain in size is almost unreal for a 1 year change. They have an avg at 259 lb on the Oline and 245 on the Dline. I really expect to see Muleshoe there waiting on Arp this year. They have there studs back. That # 44 from muleshoe is a dang fast kid with good size. I got to say I hope to see Kville again. It was such a great game last year. I live so far away it's hard to get a good vibe on how good Kville is from east Texas.

Kirbyville will be just fine.

Guest EagleFan01

Arp will win this time around... They should have won last year in my opinion, but they made a big mistake at the end of the game that opened the door for Kville to pull it out. It will be this time around I don't think kville has enough to stay close this season with Arp.

Guest rykerx144

Arp will win this time around... They should have won last year in my opinion, but they made a big mistake at the end of the game that opened the door for Kville to pull it out. It will be this time around I don't think kville has enough to stay close this season with Arp.

and so will daingerfield!! 

Guest hardcore

I have alot of respect for newton and their program but you must have issues with k-vile for some reason. I will not put down newton because they are a could respectable team but you as a fan of newton. You must be the rotting apple of the punch so get a life ;D

Guest hardcore

I watched those 2 play last year and thought Ann was going to be tough this year. But honestly I hope Kville makes it to play Arp.

jjspeed go crying to your mom because noone in sextex does not care about your arp crybabies. k-ville win and go to the big dance. that is the bottom line because hardcore said so. GO BIG RED. QUIT YOUR  :'( AND GO BACK TO SMOAKY.COM YOU ARE NOT WELCOME ON THIS SITE. ;D

He graduated and went to Eastern New Mexico with is cousin Wes Wood the QB from last yr.  The one stud that they had coming back is Jr. Cooper Washington (TE/DE).  He was the one guy sthat stood out that was young and big.

I was told that Muleshoe lost their three "studs" to graduation, QB(Wood), RB(Wood) and WR(Rodriges). I am sure they reloaded but these guys are suppose to be gone.

Eaglefan01, are you kiddin?? Who has Arp played......NOBODY!!! This game shouldn't been close, Kirbyville had I don't know how many muffed punts last year. Arp had a good team, but the better team won. Thats crazy for you to get on here and say Kirbyville don't have enough to stay close this season. I guess you don't think we have enough to beat Newton either huh?

Eaglefan01, are you kiddin?? Who has Arp played......NOBODY!!! This game shouldn't been close, Kirbyville had I don't know how many muffed punts last year. Arp had a good team, but the better team won. Thats crazy for you to get on here and say Kirbyville don't have enough to stay close this season. I guess you don't think we have enough to beat Newton either huh?

Not crazy just true. and if you google Muleshoe football you will 4 games on line fron 2009. This year. # 20 and # 44 are in the back field. check it out. Good looiking football team. Now if they have 2 differant guys that look and run the same with the same numbers well that's possible I guess. Kville will get beat by 30 points by Arp.

Not crazy just true. and if you google Muleshoe football you will 4 games on line fron 2009. This year. # 20 and # 44 are in the back field. check it out. Good looiking football team. Now if they have 2 differant guys that look and run the same with the same numbers well that's possible I guess. Kville will get beat by 30 points by Arp.

telling ya'll he hit his head, and it was probably because he was banging it on the floor in a crying fit after last years game when we tried everything in the world to give it to them (huge silver platter full of muffed punts) and and they didn't have what it took to take it

I think Arp needs to focus on the here and now.  Kirbyville is focused on one week at a time, and they are still VERY good.  If Arp keeps looking forward to Kirbyville, they leave themselves vulnerable for someone to upset them.  I know Kirbyville is focused on one week at a time.  Even if this matchup happens, Kirbyville is still the best.  I think if Arp had the schedule Kirbyville has played, they would have Kirbyville's record, if not worse.  And as for Anahuac, hahaha.  Kirbyville is under rated, PERIOD.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83