Lumberton vs. Ozen Predictions?

slick74

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its funny how a westbrook fan can say lumberton will outcoach  ozen......The last time i checked ozen's new coach came from brook.. From the bruins record it sure seem like they cld us him back. We can go toe to toe about what team has the better lb wr or even kickers...the bottom line is both team are in the same boat. they both need a win to keep a playoff birth alive.....We can say all we want on here but the kids will determine the out come fridaynight....All we can do is sit in the stands and cheer....and that exactly wht i will be doing cheering my panthers to victory

I like the debate about the positions. Beard is a great backer but i believe francis is his equal. So it comes down to the other backers and easily harmon is better than the whole rest of the lumberton crew. Kicker wise its not even close the panthers have 2. and their FG kicker has made a 49 yarder and others over 35 and hasnt missed this year. Number 5 is good ill give you that. The way i see it though if we went by what people thought we could just take a vote and give the win to the highest vote getter but that is why we play the game because it has to be done on friday nights not on these posts.

And by the way as far as coaching nelson and his crew are fighting battles that lumberton would never imagine.

Good luck to both it ought to be good.

how bout that Real eyes

its funny how a westbrook fan can say lumberton will outcoach  ozen......The last time i checked ozen's new coach came from brook.. From the bruins record it sure seem like they cld us him back. We can go toe to toe about what team has the better lb wr or even kickers...the bottom line is both team are in the same boat. they both need a win to keep a playoff birth alive.....We can say all we want on here but the kids will determine the out come fridaynight....All we can do is sit in the stands and cheer....and that exactly wht i will be doing cheering my panthers to victory

I don't see anything funny about it.  I graduated from Lumberton and have a daughter that attends West Brook.  I take photos for most West Brook sports.  I have watched both teams play this year and just simply giving my thoughts.  Brook plays on Thursday this week.  So I will also be on the sidelines for this game.  BTW,  You have to include the punter when talking about kickers.  I believe Ozen had a few problems punting this year. I guess we will see what happens on Friday.

I like the debate about the positions. Beard is a great backer but i believe francis is his equal. So it comes down to the other backers and easily harmon is better than the whole rest of the lumberton crew. Kicker wise its not even close the panthers have 2. and their FG kicker has made a 49 yarder and others over 35 and hasnt missed this year. Number 5 is good ill give you that. The way i see it though if we went by what people thought we could just take a vote and give the win to the highest vote getter but that is why we play the game because it has to be done on friday nights not on these posts.

And by the way as far as coaching nelson and his crew are fighting battles that lumberton would never imagine.

Good luck to both it ought to be good.

how bout that Real eyes

I believe all High school coaches fight battles that others WOULD NEVER IMAGINE.    I agree this is going to be a Slobber Knocker of a game.  20-4a  is one of the most competitive districts that I can remember.

I have seen both teams in action this year.

Lumberton's D vs.  Ozen's O  =    Lumberton easily.

Ozen's D vs. Lumberton's O  =     Lumberton (More disciplined)

Special Teams                    =     Lumberton  (Ozen is sloppy)

Talent                               =     Tie

Speed                               =     Ozen

Team Chemistry                  =     Lumberton

Coaching                            =     Lumberton

Band                                 =      Ozen easily

The Verdict:                               Lumberton by 14

There's no way Lumberton has as much talent as Ozen. They do use what they have better though.

Ok let's break it down:

QB= Lumberton

RB =Ozen

WR=Lumberton

OL/DL=  ? tie

LB= Lumberton

DB= Ozen

Kicker= Lumberton

Looks like 4-2 to me

linebackers are in ozen's favor...we have francis and harmon...they only have beard

Lumberton wins this game easily.  That's my opinion based on what I've seen.  No more gifts from Lumberton.

Gifts...  :D :D

Yea they give away a couple wins a year now soulja to keep everyone else from quitting. ::)

yes we are sweet aren't we ha ha, sorry i am not trying to stir the pot just couldn't help it ha ha y'all guys are a hoot on here. i think all of our teams in this area are darn good, i just happen to live in lumberton and have family that plays so of coarse i am on the L-Train. in fact a little funny side note for you all, since you don't know me i don't mind sharing this, my son plays flag and our first game we got to lead the cars to the city, coach had told my husband to drive slow we where leading the l-train, the next week school started and he went to school and told all the teachers his mom was the l-train  :o ahhhhhh ha ha had to clear that up fast, lmao. ok now lets get back to this football post i am ready for some football Fri night  ;D

Black Pearl, thank you for responding, that reminds me.  Gifts are nice.  Too bad Vidor didn't capitalize on last year's gift and they stayed home during the playoffs.  I wonder if that happens this year?  Chances are good that it does.  But Vidor is a giving bunch, they returned the "gift" when they went for two in OT against Central this year.  Some say Vidor would give you the shirt tail off their back.  If you want to know how a real, excuse me, a great two point conversion play, check out the one Lumberton ran against Dayton and won 8-7.  You're right Soulja, that's funny......  ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D  I'll bet Coach Parker liked that one!!

Black Pearl, thank you for responding, that reminds me.  Gifts are nice.  Too bad Vidor didn't capitalize on last year's gift and they stayed home during the playoffs.  I wonder if that happens this year?  Chances are good that it does.  But Vidor is a giving bunch, they returned the "gift" when they went for two in OT against Central this year.  Some say Vidor would give you the shirt tail off their back.  If you want to know how a real, excuse me, a great two point conversion play, check out the one Lumberton ran against Dayton and won 8-7.  You're right Soulja, that's funny......  ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D  I'll bet Coach Parker liked that one!!

We will have to see about the staying home part Still alot of football left. As for Vidor being very giving to Central..Not the case.They capitalized of our mistakes and beat us as good teams should.Now that shirt tale you speak of...You will have to ask the guys at Lumberton.They know how real it is.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder