Jasper Vs Huntington (little town near Lufkin, speed trap)

OH yeah gotta love Zavalla.  got my only speeding in a school zone ticket in that wonderful place...went to pay my ticket at the municiple bldg, and the lady that took my money had a big ol' pig on her desk,  then I saw her nameplate, her last name was HOG....she was nice though took my money with a smile

Was her first name Ima or Ura ;D

Huntington will probably do better than they did when the two teams played in 2002.   :)

That 2002 Jasper team was loaded.........this years team doesen't look that bad either.........we may need some angels in the endzone...lol.......

What are your thoughts on this?  I listened to the game on the radio.  As I remember Jasper had a big half-time lead, and at half time the Jasper starters changed to their street clothes and sat on the sideline while the second string finished the game.  I had never heard of a team doing that.  It made it very obvious that the starters were out of the game.

My wife said at the time that that was insulting to Huntington.  I said no, it was probably great relief to Huntington.  Who in their right mind would have wanted to keep getting hit by those big guys?  I don't think there is any danger of Jasper being in position to do that this year, but what are your thoughts on whether that was proper to put the starters in street clothes?  Coaches get criticized for whatever they do.

whatever you do just make sure you go to the Huntington Meat Market and Deli!  Nowhere else can you eat  a 24 ounce steak for 11.95!

Are you talking about Dean's Meat Market?

The one and only.........you can get a burger, fries and drink for under five bucks.....or try some of that hot water cornbread with your greens....lol

whatever you do just make sure you go to the Huntington Meat Market and Deli!  Nowhere else can you eat  a 24 ounce steak for 11.95!

Are you talking about Dean's Meat Market?

The one and only.........you can get a burger, fries and drink for under five bucks.....or try some of that hot water cornbread with your greens....lol

Yea i have been there it is great food for little money!!!

We are heading up on Friday and planning on eating at the Market and Deli. Never eaten there before, but I have heard great things. Going to get there early so we can head over to the stadium and watch a football game...not sure if this one will classify as "good" but Hopefully being 2-0 in district will be good. Lets just hope Gilmer goes DII if they make the playoffs...I would rather have a rematch of last year's Chapel Hill bi-district game.

If I remember corectly the field was wet, the sprinklers "BROKE" in an attempt to slow the jasper offense down.  So the only dry clothes the players had was thier street clothes..

Okay, now I understand!  The Huntington Gestapo struck again!  It is a good thing that they do not have the same power in football that they have in basketball.  ;D

We are heading up on Friday and planning on eating at the Market and Deli. Never eaten there before, but I have heard great things. Going to get there early so we can head over to the stadium and watch a football game...not sure if this one will classify as "good" but Hopefully being 2-0 in district will be good. Lets just hope Gilmer goes DII if they make the playoffs...I would rather have a rematch of last year's Chapel Hill bi-district game.

It makes no difference to me.  We "owe" both of em!  ;D  First though, Jasper must make the playoffs.  If they win this week and next, I think they will be in.  ;)

If I remember corectly the field was wet, the sprinklers "BROKE" in an attempt to slow the jasper offense down.  So the only dry clothes the players had was thier street clothes..

Okay, now I understand!  The Huntington Gestapo struck again!  It is a good thing that they do not have the same power in football that they have in basketball.   ;D

Can we help it if those Jasper fans are unruley and need tweeked?... ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami