Evadale vs. Burkeville/Evadale wins 18-0/Comments

WOSgrad

Guest Burkeville Chronicle

Proud of you Mustangs! You may have lost but you fought hard and made the community proud. Congrats to Evadale..you have a good team..good luck in the playoffs when you get there.

You guys have cought my attention and i will be at one of your next couple of games i dont have a football team were i come from so i float around from game to game. I have been hung up on the whole png thing for a few games. msn its easy to fall for that indian purple blood dance done by the Indian to suck in unsuspecting souls who arent paying attention. I almost became an Indian fan out of respect for there coach and ball players. The fans of PNG are the most hospitible fans anywere i should know I have been to every stadium in setx to watch a game in the last two seasons.

Guest checkmate

Good game tonight... closer than the score indicates...I am glad I decided to come to this game than go to Newton/Woodville..very muddy field...Burkeville has improved 10000% from the Joaquin game...on defense that is...seeing Harper on the sidelines for Burkeville is awesome...brings back tons of memories. I was very impressed with evadale QB...and J. Robertson (#6) for Burkeville might be Defensive MVP of that district..he is an absolute Beast. I think that the game of the year in this district is Evadale vs. Colmesneil. The winner should be district champ.

You guys have cought my attention and i will be at one of your next couple of games i dont have a football team were i come from so i float around from game to game. I have been hung up on the whole png thing for a few games. msn its easy to fall for that indian purple blood dance done by the Indian to suck in unsuspecting souls who arent paying attention. I almost became an Indian fan out of respect for there coach and ball players. The fans of PNG are the most hospitible fans anywere i should know I have been to every stadium in setx to watch a game in the last two seasons.

Aw come on man, come and see our homecoming! We are going to be rocking when The Pirates come to Port Neches! Id like to see Evadale play too, they are one of my favorite teams besides my tribe.

I agree Jack. The Rebs have become one of my favorite teams in the area as well. They used to be the under dogs, but they are now laying the wood. I also think they should be ranked higher in the 1A polls. Keep doing what you do Rebs... eventually someone at the AP will wake up and show you some love.

hey Burkeville Chronicle talk to the Ag.Teacher about filling the trenches our teams dug last night that nose guard is a beast

nichols might just be the premier player in the district i'd like to see the stats. from the game

it's not that he made a lot of yardage its that he makes things happen. way to go Billy

[glow=red,2,300]Way to go Rebels we're proud of you[/glow]

That was the worse conditions I've ever seen on a football field.  I know its been raining like a cow peeing on a flat rock, but dang, put a crown on the field!  It wasn't only wet, it was flat out MUDDY.  Field started out terrible before the game and it rapidly deterorated to horrible.

OK enough of that.  Both teams were extremely limited as to what they could attempt.  The Rebs totally controlled the line of scrimmage the second half and just ground it out.  Good job Stangs, lot more grit than last year.  Keep rolling Rebs and take care of  your business, one game at a time.

Congrats on the win last night Rebs, and i agree with you BIGMO44 the field was in horrible condition from constant rain since 10 that morning. It was a great game and I think the Stangs are a work in progress and that next year they will be higher in the standings than they are now. Coach Harper has done a great job training the Stangs, but they just weren't good enough to beat the Rebs. Congrats again Evadale and good luck with the rest of your games. Keep up the good work Stangs.

[glow=blue,2,300]SSX78[/glow]

Just got the stats for my article this week from the coaches.

Burkeville

25 Rushes for 8 yards

1 of 3 passing for 6 yards

Total yards 14

5 Fumbles 3 lost

1 Int

Sacked 4 times

2 1st Downs

* I'll have to check, but I believe that the Mustangs never crossed the 50 yard line

Evadale

49 Rushes for 194 yards

Nichols 21 for 102 yards - Long 47

Stanley 18 for 62 yards - Long 23 - 1 TD

2 of 4 passing for 25 yards both completions for TD's - 11 yards to Stark - 14 yards to Franklin

2 Fumbles 1 lost

Trey White 2 Sacks 3 forced fumbles

It was a game the Rebels were supposed to win and they did. I agree that the Mustangs are a better team than last year and the teams that still have them on the schedule better prepare to strap it on and get ready to be hit.

Good job to both teams!

I was there for the mud bowl and the stats don't show how hard the game was faught.

with the rain and mud it was who could hold on to the ball,

there was several times the Rebs got no yardage dont know who kept the stats on this game but it sure

seemed like the mustangs got more yardage than that.

I guess the books don't lie but if they play that hard against everyone there is some teams thats going to have

problems with Burkeville

I was there for the mud bowl and the stats don't show how hard the game was faught.

with the rain and mud it was who could hold on to the ball,

there was several times the Rebs got no yardage dont know who kept the stats on this game but it sure

seemed like the mustangs got more yardage than that.

I guess the books don't lie but if they play that hard against everyone there is some teams thats going to have

problems with Burkeville

The stats came from the coaches review of the game film.

I said again that the Mustangs have improved, but rain or not rain I don't think would have made much difference. The Rebel defense has yielded less than 100 yards in 5 of their 6 games.

The Mustnags played hard, but the Rebels played harder!

Way to go Rebs..... You've worked hard to get this respect..... Keep working hard and improving..... That's what it takes to keep the respect you earned.... High Island is always tough and Colmesneil is gonna be a big battle....dream big, work hard, play smashmouth football on friday night and make memories so you can stand on the fence when your old men and brag about 09

Guest Burkeville Chronicle

Of course the Rebs played harder Yeller...you give no credit to any team but your Rebels....maybe, just maybe the MUSTANGS have improved..it was 62-0 last year you know.....The Rebs are a great team..but they play in the weakest 1A district in Texas.I admire you for your devotion to the Rebels..sometimes it seems a bit overboard ..almost like you WORSHIP them...but I admire it no less. I wish we had fans here like that.

Of course the Rebs played harder Yeller...you give no credit to any team but your Rebels....maybe, just maybe the MUSTANGS have improved..it was 62-0 last year you know.....The Rebs are a great team..but they play in the weakest 1A district in Texas.I admire you for your devotion to the Rebels..sometimes it seems a bit overboard ..almost like you WORSHIP them...but I admire it no less. I wish we had fans here like that.

I responded on another thread and I will repeat again that the Mustangs have improved greatly. I saw some die hard fans in the stands for the Mustangs and as MO has stated it won't be long until the Mustangs are challenging for titles once again.

I worship only one thing and that is Jesus Christ. I can assure you that I am by no means even close to being the most devoted Rebel fan. I am a relative new comer to those ranks. I will admit that I have some fun with these posts, but I thought that was what this is all about. Having a little fun!

Good luck Mustangs with the remainder of your season.

I too posted on another thread consering your open disdain for the Rebs.  I've only seen positive posts from Evadale folks concerning the Stangs (unless it was a student, and you should know most of them anyway).  If this is the weakest district in Texas, does that make y'all the worst team in Texas? 

I'm through with this, and YES, I'm the most devoted Reb fan!!!

To Burkeville, good luck the rest of the way.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83