Kirbyville still the best???????

Guest FreshmanPhenom#17

Kirbyville proved to be the best 2-A team in south east Texas last year but who is this year  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Kirbyville proved to be the best 2-A team in south east Texas last year but who is this year

• Anahuac
    • Kirbyville
    • Newton
    • East Chambers
    • Hardin

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kirbyville is still dangerous no matter what people get on here and say. We lost two heartbreaker games to two solid opponents. Rest for sure Coach Alvarez been on their butts about the lacking on fundamentals such as the fumbles and blocking. Hardin Jefferson had a better team than would i've seen in the past. I don't think the Wildcats were expecting the Hawks to put up much of a fight, we weren't prepared and it showed.

Kirbyville is still dangerous no matter what people get on here and say. We lost two heartbreaker games to two solid opponents. Rest for sure Coach Alvarez been on their butts about the lacking on fundamentals such as the fumbles and blocking. Hardin Jefferson had a better team than would i've seen in the past. I don't think the Wildcats were expecting the Hawks to put up much of a fight, we weren't prepared and it showed.

After such a great season last year, Kirbyville has a large target on their backs and every team they play is going to give them their best.....

That is what teams are suppose to do. Hey Steveary, I can bet you we will start peaking on offense as the season proceed. We have too much talent and great coaches not to.

It a weird thing...Teams always seem to give a little extra when playing state ranked teams

I agree, Kirbyville use to do that before becoming a ranked team every year. Those fumbles in every game are hurting us. No doubt Jasper have a solid team this year, but those fumbles had alot to do with our 31-22 loss after being up 22-7 at halftime. Against WOS we fumbled on the first play and at our own 10 yard line and they scored off it......thats crazy. Like I said before, district start we just had a bye, i'm lookin forward to seeing some changes made.

I Thought Muleshoe Won, Doesn't That Mean They're The Best, At Least Until Ya'll Beat Them? First You Have To Ride The Mule.

Kirbyville and Dangerfield awaits......watch out!!! Both Dangerfield and Kirbyville have stout defenses.

Kinda Sensitive Aren't Ya?

Nah, Kirbyville vs. Newton will be a solid match up. I've seen Newton play, Kirbyville defense is better and have more speed at the running back position. Newton Qb throw better than Kirbyville can't wait to see this.

That is what teams are suppose to do. Hey Steveary, I can bet you we will start peaking on offense as the season proceed. We have too much talent and great coaches not to.

It a weird thing...Teams always seem to give a little extra when playing state ranked teams

I agree, Kirbyville use to do that before becoming a ranked team every year. Those fumbles in every game are hurting us. No doubt Jasper have a solid team this year, but those fumbles had alot to do with our 31-22 loss after being up 22-7 at halftime. Against WOS we fumbled on the first play and at our own 10 yard line and they scored off it......thats crazy. Like I said before, district start we just had a bye, i'm lookin forward to seeing some changes made.

kinda like Arp did in the playoffs last year? 2 TO going down 15-0 in the 1st 3 mins:o

Guest EagleFan01

I Thought Muleshoe Won, Doesn't That Mean They're The Best, At Least Until Ya'll Beat Them? First You Have To Ride The Mule.

Kirbyville and Dangerfield awaits......watch out!!! Both Dangerfield and Kirbyville have stout defenses.

Nah, Kirbyville vs. Newton will be a solid match up. I've seen Newton play, Kirbyville defense is better and have more speed at the running back position. Newton Qb throw better than Kirbyville can't wait to see this.

Dude are you stupid???? Your backs are not faster than Newtons fella!!!! We have alot of speed in the backfield also.

We will see, #11 is the fastest back I've seen from Newton. Aint no doubt in my mind Lafredrick Ford is much faster than this guy. We have another sophmore running back that can go.

Dude are you stupid???? Your backs are not faster than Newtons fella!!!! We have alot of speed in the backfield also.

As I once heard from a great coach..... "To be the man you have to beat the man." and right now Kirbyville is the man!!  Good luck and keep fighting wildcats!!

Says who? Think this year not last!

I am thinking of this year... 2 losses to 2 top rated teams in 3A..  WOS in (OT) and Jasper....

And based on what they did last year....It makes them the man in South East Texas!!!!!

As I once heard from a great coach..... "To be the man you have to beat the man." and right now Kirbyville is the man!!  Good luck and keep fighting wildcats!!

Says who? Think this year not last!

I am thinking of this year... 2 losses to 2 top rated teams in 3A..  WOS in (OT) and Jasper....

And based on what they did last year....It makes them the man in South East Texas!!!!!

You've been wearing your helmet too tight......

That Ford kid has some wheels. but if you can contain him , well thats the question. Newton has the best chance though. jmo

WOS keyed on him all night and he still scored 2 touchdowns on them. I've seen #11 from Newton play he is quick, Lafredick Ford runs a 4.3 at it shows when he hit the corner on them sweeps. I remember when we scrimmaged Silsbee, Lafredrick took it to the house on the first play for about 70 yards. Some of the Silsbee fans was asking me was he a senior, I said nope he's a junior and they were like that dude can fly. If we cut down on the fumbles and penalties, we will be just fine.

That Ford kid has some wheels. but if you can contain him , well thats the question. Newton has the best chance though. jmo

WOS keyed on him all night and he still scored 2 touchdowns on them. I've seen #11 from Newton play he is quick, Lafredick Ford runs a 4.3 at it shows when he hit the corner on them sweeps. I remember when we scrimmaged Silsbee, Lafredrick took it to the house on the first play for about 70 yards. Some of the Silsbee fans was asking me was he a senior, I said nope he's a junior and they were like that dude can fly. If we cut down on the fumbles and penalties, we will be just fine.

You can see Ford's speed but with his long frame it is deceiving.  That kid can flat out get it.  Very tough to contain.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01