STJFL week 6 JR power rankings and predictions

[pre]1 WOS--White 6-0 Only given up 5 first downs all year

2 Lumberton--White 6-0 If tTop two teams do not meet in the SuperBowl, it will be a Huge Upset!

3 WOS--Blue 5-1 Still has to play Bridge City and Ned-White…This one could change.

4 PNG--White 4-2 Only been scored on by WOS-white and LUM-white!

5 Vidor White 5-1 Will be Underdogs in All Remaining Games.  Yikes.

6 Bridge City 4-2 The only team to score on WOS-white.

7 Nederland White 5-1 Need to recover from close game on Sat…Gets harder next week.

8 Nederland Gold 4-2 Dominant Team in Division 3

9 Lumberton Red 2-4 Don't let their record fool you.

10 PNG--Purple 2-4 Only team left to beat any one of the Top 9

[/pre]

The Power Rankings got a big shake up this week in the middle and end.  

I hate to leave Vidor Black out considering how hard their 14 boys played on Saturday.  I could not tell if there were more players or more coaches on the sideline.  And the Nederland Kickoff that Nederland scored a TouchDown on may have never before happened in STJFL history

Nederland Black is also hard to leave out.  They are big, diverse, and very young.  Watch out for them next year.  But there remaining schedule is still very difficult.

PNG Purple gets the nod due to their win over Vidor White (as painful as it is to remember) and their upcoming victory in Week 7.

I am still having fun and I sure hope all of the players and coaches are still having fun as well.  Good Luck to Everyone for the rest of the season and may all the injuries be over for the year.

awesome daddy23..

Being #8 was good for a week..We only made the top 10 one time this year,but it felt good..

Once again.awesome job and can't wait for Saturday and the next set of rankings!!

P.S. My kids will be disappointed this week that they didn't make the rankings,but they will understand. :'( :'( :(

[move]Jr Dvision Playoff Picture[/move]

I believe that PNG-grey, BMT-gold, BMT-blue, NED-black, and PNG-purple are no longer in Playoff Contention.

Lumberton White and WOS-White have clinched a Playoff spot.  Even if they lose out (and Lumberton already technically has 7 wins), they would be a Wild Card at the very worst.

The Division 3 race is crazy.  I think that Nederland Gold, Little Cypress, Vidor Black, Orangefield, and Kountze are actually all mathematically alive for the Divisional Playoff spots.  Only Vidor Black remains alive in the Wild Card Race.

The rest of the teams are still in the mix.  The Wild Card race will be the most interesting in the end.  I predict that a team will need a minimum of 5 wins to claim a Wild Card birth.  And while, there may be only two 5-3 teams, there could easily be four.  Which means that it is likely that there will be at least one 5-3 team not make the playoffs.  It is also very possible that one of the two playoff teams from Division 3 will be 4-4. 

While this week’s games will certainly help focus the scenarios, the Playoff Race will certainly go down to the last week

daddy23 ,, Im still pretty knew to this board ,, I wanted to know why it is that it seem that the juniors get more of the focus here !! LOL  where are the power rankings  for PEE WEE and seniors ???    Im guessing there are just more coaches ect from junior teams on here yet i had to ask !!!

daddy23 ,, Im still pretty knew to this board ,, I wanted to know why it is that it seem that the juniors get more of the focus here !! LOL   where are the power rankings  for PEE WEE and seniors ???    Im guessing there are just more coaches ect from junior teams on here yet i had to ask !!!

I would love to do more division, but the Jr Division is the only one that I have any idea about.  And I have been doing plenty of guessing even there.  I wish someone was doing Power Rankings for all the other division and more Power Rankings for Jr.'s.

daddy23 ,, Im still pretty knew to this board ,, I wanted to know why it is that it seem that the juniors get more of the focus here !! LOL   where are the power rankings  for PEE WEE and seniors ???    Im guessing there are just more coaches ect from junior teams on here yet i had to ask !!!

yea daddy23..why cant yo do one for flag too..?

Please explain what do you mean by we are the only ones out of our division eligible for a wild card spot?

Warning: Boring Analysis Ahead.

Nederland Gold.  They are 4-2.  If they lose out, they will be 4-4 overall but 3-2 in the division.  This may be good enough to qualify for one of the two Divisional Spots (by virtue of Tie-Breakers) but 4-4 will not be good enough to even get in the Wild Card Tie-Breaker mix.  If they win out, then they will take the #1 spot out of Division 3.  If they split, they will take the #2 playoff spot at worst (maybe still the #1).  

Little Cypress.  They are 2-4.  Winning out will likely get them in the playoffs with a 4-1 Conf Record, but 4-4 will not be in the Wild Card mix.  

Orangefield and Kountze.  They are 2-4 and but unlike Little Cypress, they already have 2 Conf losses each.  They will need to win out and then hope that things fall their way in other match-ups to even have a shot at the Divisional Playoff spots.

Vidor Black.  3-3 overall, but 1-2 in Conf.  If Vidor Black wins out, then they will be 5-3, but only 3-2 in Conf.  They could lose the Conf tie-breaker to one of the 4-4 teams becuase of Head to Head.  However, 5-3 will likely be the record that gets the 2 Wild Card spots.  But it could still come down to Head-to-Head or Points Allowed.

Does any of this make sense?  And feel free to disagree as always.

[pre]1 WOS--White 6-0 Only given up 7 first downs all year

2 Lumberton--White 6-0 If tTop two teams do not meet in the SuperBowl, it will be a Huge Upset!

3 WOS--Blue 5-1 Still has to play Bridge City and Ned-White…This one could change.

5 Vidor White 5-1 Will be Underdogs in All Remaining Games.  Yikes.

7 Nederland White 5-1 Need to recover from close game on Sat…Gets harder next week.

[/pre]

I hate to leave Vidor Black out considering how hard their 14 boys played on Saturday.  I could not tell if there were more players or more coaches on the sideline.  And the Nederland Kickoff that Nederland scored a TouchDown on may have never before happened in STJFL history

Nederland Black is also hard to leave out.  They are big, diverse, and very young.  Watch out for them next year.  But there remaining schedule is still very difficult.

PNG Purple gets the nod due to their win over Vidor White (as painful as it is to remember) and their upcoming victory in Week 7.

I am still having fun and I sure hope all of the players and coaches are still having fun as well.  Good Luck to Everyone for the rest of the season and may all the injuries be over for the year.

Daddy23 change that to 5 first downs so far. ;D

[pre]1 WOS--White 6-0 Only given up 7 first downs all year

5 Vidor White 5-1 Will be Underdogs in All Remaining Games.  Yikes.

[/pre]

I hate to leave Vidor Black out considering how hard their 14 boys played on Saturday.  I could not tell if there were more players or more coaches on the sideline.  And the Nederland Kickoff that Nederland scored a TouchDown on may have never before happened in STJFL history

Nederland Black is also hard to leave out.  They are big, diverse, and very young.  Watch out for them next year.  But there remaining schedule is still very difficult.

I am still having fun and I sure hope all of the players and coaches are still having fun as well.  Good Luck to Everyone for the rest of the season and may all the injuries be over for the year.

Daddy23 change that to 5 first downs so far. ;D

Done.... ;)

Please explain what do you mean by we are the only ones out of our division eligible for a wild card spot?

Nederland Gold.  They are 4-2.  If they lose out, they will be 4-4 overall but 3-2 in the division.  This may be good enough to qualify for one of the two Divisional Spots (by virtue of Tie-Breakers) but 4-4 will not be good enough to even get in the Wild Card Tie-Breaker mix.  If they win out, then they will take the #1 spot out of Division 3.  If they split, they will take the #2 playoff spot at worst (maybe still the #1).  

Little Cypress.  They are 2-4.  Winning out will likely get them in the playoffs with a 4-1 Conf Record, but 4-4 will not be in the Wild Card mix.  

Orangefield and Kountze.  They are 2-4 and but unlike Little Cypress, they already have 2 Conf losses each.  They will need to win out and then hope that things fall their way in other match-ups to even have a shot at the Divisional Playoff spots.

Vidor Black.  3-3 overall, but 1-2 in Conf.  If Vidor Black wins out, then they will be 5-3, but only 3-2 in Conf.  They could lose the Conf tie-breaker to one of the 4-4 teams becuase of Head to Head.  However, 5-3 will likely be the record that gets the 2 Wild Card spots.  But it could still come down to Head-to-Head or Points Allowed.

Thanks 23..I had to read it twice, but I do understand..thanks for the hard work you have been putting in..I will put a good word into my friends at WOS for you .. ;)

Thanks 23..I had to read it twice, but I do understand..thanks for the hard work you have been putting in..I will put a good word into my friends at WOS for you .. ;)

I just hope 23 isn't charging us by the hour for his analysis.  ;D

I like your dedication to the rankings it has been alot of fun and gives us all something to do other than complain about each other.

Td,

You mean we are suppose to get along on here and not argue?? but,but, but....You are from WOS and I am from Vidor...How does that work???

What if we lose when I play yall? How do I make excuses and say yall cheated and the refs were bad??

;D

I am confused...... 8)

Td,

You mean we are suppose to get along on here and not argue?? but,but, but....You are from WOS and I am from Vidor...How does that work???

What if we lose when I play yall? How do I make excuses and say yall cheated and the refs were bad??

;D

I am confused...... 8)

Ya'll are making me sick!  :) What's up with all da love? 8)

Td,

;D

I am confused...... 8)

I think the reason it works is because you are from Vidor and I am from WOS. Apparently we are both way overrated when it comes to high school football.  ;D

Td,

;D

I am confused...... 8)

Can't wait to hear the smack talking if/when we meet up. Should be alot of fun.

Td,

;D

I am confused...... 8)

I think the reason it works is because you are from Vidor and I am from WOS. Apparently we are both way overrated when it comes to high school football.  ;D

So let me get this straight....

If we lose I have to tell all the kids they did a good job? And walk across the field and shake your hand and tell the coaches good job?

THEN NOT get on here and blame everyone else for us losing..(refs included)?? What about the cheating part? atleast give me the cheating  excuse???

Remember now we are from two different communities... ;)

Td,

;D

I am confused...... 8)

Ya'll are making me sick!  :) What's up with all da love? 8)

TD,

Since "P" is half WOS-Mom/Vidor-Dad (51% black and Gold )I might borrow a Blue and Silver shirt that weekend.. ;D

Td,

;D

I am confused...... 8)

TD,

Since "P" is half WOS-Mom/Vidor-Dad (51% black and Gold )I might borrow a Blue and Silver shirt that weekend.. ;D

I recommend it.

Td,

;D

I am confused...... 8)

Frist you have to GIVE OUT LOVE TO RECIEVE LOVE 44. ;) Just remember we're still the under dogs my friend. ;D ???

Td,

;D

I am confused...... 8)

TD,

We are all family now i got some u can have. ;D. Just tell me how many u need. :D

Td,

;D

I am confused...... 8)

TD,

We are all family now i got some u can have. ;D. Just tell me how many u need. :D

Man you know those XXXL shirts won't fit him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• No worries. My thing is this. Trump was badly flawed. We knew it going into 2016. As an incumbent, there really wasn’t much of a chance to nominate a different candidate in 2020. But after all that happened during Trump’s term, the election loss and fiasco that followed, and everything else that he’s been a part of since… we should have chosen a different nominee in 2024. That’s been my point all along, but that’s not what we did. His followers are very vocal and infect all levels of the Republican Party leadership-especially in local counties and precincts. Enough people decided that Trump is the only person who should be considered to be the eventual R candidate that he cruised to the nomination in spite of everything, purely based on the cult of personality, IMO.  All of the signs were there. Trump is in a dead heat with Biden and has been all along, while every other potential R candidate enjoyed double digit leads over Biden. Literally all we had to do is pick someone over Trump and they’d cruise to a win over Biden-but we’d rather lose with Trump than win with someone else.    Names like Gary Hart and John Edwards come to mind. Those guys were Dems with a small fraction of Trump’s baggage, but the party still dumped them and moved on… I can’t understand why the Rs have refused to self-police and choose someone with decency… who would also be able to win the popular vote. We (the Rs) should have made DJT an old memory… but force the Ds and independents to do it for us. 
    • Trump literally ran on locking up hillary... ppl seem to 4get that
    • Currently in a monsoon raining badly here in Lufkin game will start late 
    • I read your posts and agree on some things and disagree with some.  I guess my one question is (in your opinion) who should we vote for?  Third party candidates do not get elected.  Kennedy is only going to dilute votes which will benefit Democrats.  Write-in votes do not win elections and I’m not even sure they are counted in a presidential election.  Many people get on and express views and tell us what is wrong with X, but never give the answer for Y.  I am extremely sarcastic and passive-aggressive, but genuinely hope this post doesn’t come across that way.  Trump has my vote until someone persuades me otherwise (and I’m a Never Biden).  Had another R been nominated they would have had my vote.
  • Topics