Bashing Coaches

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DickVitale

Relax, I was just mixing what dove and Dav-J said for a little humor......calm down, "fighter for SE Texas justice and equality"!  8)

Seriously though, rule #18 is broken quite often with NO REPURCUSSION....ZERO.

If you are speaking on just yourself with the coach bashing, well, most folks on here do not view you as a coach, they view you as a flaming member.

I have told you over and over before, you bring it on yourself with the type comments you make. If any other coach came on here and presented themselves in the manner that you do, they would suffer the same bashing.

Bottomline, you have allowed yourself to be fair game to the members here.

Guest DickVitale

If you are speaking on just yourself with the coach bashing, well, most folks on here do not view you as a coach, they view you as a flaming member.

I have told you over and over before, you bring it on yourself with the type comments you make. If any other coach came on here and presented themselves in the manner that you do, they would suffer the same bashing.

Give me an example of how I "present myself" AAW....Thats a bunch of BS, and you know it.  There is no excuse for coach bashing, and you making an excuse is the prime reason that it goes on and should not.  I AM A COACH. regardless of how people view it, thats who I am...A rule is a rule, and there is no exceptions, no matter HOW much you folks hate me.  Should not matter.

Give me an example of how I "present myself" AAW....Thats a bunch of BS, and you know it.  There is no excuse for coach bashing, and you making an excuse is the prime reason that it goes on and should not.  I AM A COACH. regardless of how people view it, thats who I am...A rule is a rule, and there is no exceptions, no matter HOW much you folks hate me.  Should not matter.

So what you are saying is that because you are a coach you can have carte blanc on here and say whatever you want without someone coming back on you.

I am afraid it doesn't work that way.

Give me an example of how I "present myself" AAW....Thats a bunch of BS, and you know it.  There is no excuse for coach bashing, and you making an excuse is the prime reason that it goes on and should not.  I AM A COACH. regardless of how people view it, thats who I am...A rule is a rule, and there is no exceptions, no matter HOW much you folks hate me.  Should not matter.

Dickie, I have taken up for you in on another thread, but have to take AAW's side on this one.  I'm not buying for one minute you don't realize your post are sometimes abrasive.  As for me, I respect you being a coach, that's a good thing.  However, when we debate issues......I don't see you as a coach, I see you as a poster..........kinda as you see me  ;D

Is there a rule in there about people trying to intimidate others with implied physical threats?

Yes steve, there is. It amazes me how often DV makes these type threats. It seems when he feels he may be losing an argument, he resorts to " I bet you wouldn't say it to my face". Get's very old. I for one will not allow it any longer.

Guest DickVitale

Is there a rule in there about people trying to intimidate others with implied physical threats?

Yes steve, there is. It amazes me how often DV makes these type threats. It seems when he feels he may be losing an argument, he resorts to " I bet you wouldn't say it to my face". Get's very old. I for one will not allow it any longer.

Wait a minute, that is NOT A THREAT! A threat is "if you say that crap to my face, I will beat you down". THAT is a threat. My statement is saying that I realize the nature of the people on this board and it is like being in two different worlds..No one would say to me in my face what they say on here! It just puts things into perspective, it is not meant to threaten anyone.  How Ridiculous.  AAW you are being a hypocrite...You WILL allow coach bashing when it comes to me, but your THOUGHT of me threatening those that do "gets old" and "you will not allow it" anymore? Yeah, OK...Good ole boy system, at its finest....Good ole SE Texas...Gotta love it....

Guest spinks

Wait a minute, that is NOT A THREAT! A threat is "if you say that crap to my face, I will beat you down". THAT is a threat. My statement is saying that I realize the nature of the people on this board and it is like being in two different worlds..No one would say to me in my face what they say on here! It just puts things into perspective, it is not meant to threaten anyone.  How Ridiculous. 

Here is a hint.  When the majority of the people feel the same way about you, chances are they are correct.  You say that they are not threats. That is how everyone takes them.  They have told you that yet you continue to do it.  You present yourself as a far superior coach and person to anyone on this board and believe your opinion holds more weight than the next.  Fact of the matter is you know what you are talking about when it comes to basketball.  More than most of us on this board.  However, this is a board for fans first and coaches second.  Fans are what makes the game fun for players and coaches and you make most fans feel like they are stupid.  No one attacks you as a coach.  You are attacked as a person just as you attack us as people.

Guest DickVitale

OK but if I indicate to you that they are NOT THREATS, then why do you continue to take them as such? Furthermore, me being strong willed person that is opinionated, does in no way indicate that I feel that I am superior as a person. Yes, I undertstand that there are people on this board that do not have the same basketball knowledge as I do, yet I do know that it does not make me BETTER than them because of it.  Spinks are you going to allow someone to challenge you about your family business, and you KNOW that you are 100% right, yet someone decides to challenge you on these things CONSTANTLY? Of course not. And even though there may be some that do have lots of knowledge about your business, there are some facets of it that they may not grasp as well as you do.  Thats my feeling on here sometimes. But instead of understanding that, you people on here take it as if I am degrading everyone else, and if you really KNEW me, you would know that is not my personality...THUS Shortt and Dove who KNOW me, understand where I am coming from.

Wait a minute, that is NOT A THREAT! A threat is "if you say that crap to my face, I will beat you down". THAT is a threat. My statement is saying that I realize the nature of the people on this board and it is like being in two different worlds..No one would say to me in my face what they say on here! It just puts things into perspective, it is not meant to threaten anyone.  How Ridiculous. 

Here is a hint.  When the majority of the people feel the same way about you, chances are they are correct.  You say that they are not threats. That is how everyone takes them.  They have told you that yet you continue to do it.  You present yourself as a far superior coach and person to anyone on this board and believe your opinion holds more weight than the next.  Fact of the matter is you know what you are talking about when it comes to basketball.  More than most of us on this board.  However, this is a board for fans first and coaches second.  Fans are what makes the game fun for players and coaches and you make most fans feel like they are stupid.  No one attacks you as a coach.  You are attacked as a person just as you attack us as people.

It must be a cultural thing  ::) ::), because I knew he wasn't challenging anyone to any physical harm.

Guest DickVitale

Reading is Fund-a-mental!

18 ) The bashing of any particular coach, player, referee, etc will not be tolerated. This includes issues involving their personal lives, coaching/playing style or performance, past experiences, etc.

Then they wonder why I say they are part of the "good ole boy" system....Rules only go into effect when and ONLY when it affects one of "them"....No response to that one, huh? (crickets chirping) Exactly.

It must be a cultural thing  ::) ::), because I knew he wasn't challenging anyone to any physical harm.

Has to be..... ::) ::)..Or fear.... ::)

Guest DickVitale

NO, you gave a ridiculous excuse as to why its ok when it comes to me, but Dove made it real clear for you, and you have no answer.....it says bashing of ANY coach.....WILL NOT BE TOLERATED....GOOD OL BOY.  The audacity of you all really kills me.

Guest spinks

OK but if I indicate to you that they are NOT THREATS, then why do you continue to take them as such? Furthermore, me being strong willed person that is opinionated, does in no way indicate that I feel that I am superior as a person. Yes, I undertstand that there are people on this board that do not have the same basketball knowledge as I do, yet I do know that it does not make me BETTER than them because of it.  Spinks are you going to allow someone to challenge you about your family business, and you KNOW that you are 100% right, yet someone decides to challenge you on these things CONSTANTLY? Of course not. And even though there may be some that do have lots of knowledge about your business, there are some facets of it that they may not grasp as well as you do.  Thats my feeling on here sometimes. But instead of understanding that, you people on here take it as if I am degrading everyone else, and if you really KNEW me, you would know that is not my personality...THUS Shortt and Dove who KNOW me, understand where I am coming from.

I learned something a long time ago in my business as well as yours.  No one is EVER 100% right .........someone who thinks that way is flawed!

NO, you gave a ridiculous excuse as to why its ok when it comes to me, but Dove made it real clear for you, and you have no answer.....it says bashing of ANY coach.....WILL NOT BE TOLERATED....GOOD OL BOY.  The audacity of you all really kills me.

I gave you the answer. No coach is untouchable if they act in the matter of how you have at times. If they get confrontational, they will be called out. NOT JUST YOU!

Maybe you should look into not being on these boards if you think you aren't getting a fair shake.

Again, most do not view you as a coach. Get it?

I gave you the answer. No coach is untouchable if they act in the matter of how you have at times. If they get confrontational, they will be called out. NOT JUST YOU!

Maybe you should look into not being on these boards if you think you aren't getting a fair shake.

Again, most do not view you as a coach. Get it?

Ok, I think one of you needs to invite the other over for a beer summit.  ;)

Guest DickVitale

Tragichippy said that because he and I have POLITICAL discussions on the locker room section of the site, and although we sometimes disagree there is always mutual respect.  ON the HOOPINSIDER section, those guys get PERSONAL (which is CLEARLY against the forum rules) and why would I NOT be looked at as a coach, when thats ALL YOU GUYS TALK ABOUT? That makes no sense at all.  Keep reaching AAW... ::)

I am only speaking on the way you act in this forum.

Calling teams no good, predicting huge blowouts, downplaying, putting yourself on a pedestal, ect, ect, ect......  That's what I am talking about. They way you present yourself on this forum, no other "coach" does that here. You have basically nulified the rule with your own actions and comments.

Again, you will be called out every time you act in this manner, coach or no coach.

Guest spinks

Tragichippy said that because he and I have POLITICAL discussions on the locker room section of the site, and although we sometimes disagree there is always mutual respect.  ON the HOOPINSIDER section, those guys get PERSONAL (which is CLEARLY against the forum rules) and why would I NOT be looked at as a coach, when thats ALL YOU GUYS TALK ABOUT? That makes no sense at all.  Keep reaching AAW... ::)

Awwwww........is poor little dicky being treated unfairly...........I am so sorry   >:( >:(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476