*POST JR. HIGH SCORES HERE*

KFDM COOP

[quote name="Homer" post="689277" timestamp="1256824362"]
[quote author=2010 link=topic=60050.msg689220#msg689220 date=1256817631]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=60050.msg688917#msg688917 date=1256770658]
It's going to be wet tomorrow, but the WOS Middle school field drains really well. I sure hope HJ doesn't cancel on us. The kids need to play!
[/quote]YOU AINT LIEN. HEARD DAT WOS HAD A GAME CANCELLED LAST WEEK. THAT WOULD BE 2 DISTRICT GAMES
[/quote]

yup, it did.  BC had to cancel because of their field being in such bad shape with all the wet Friday night games I am guessing because it stopped raining about 3:00 that day and all the other games were played.  The only good thing about it is that those 2 teams played a preseason game before district so they can count that as the district game.
[/quote]

Well, OF and BC are playing on it today... and that is confirmed! Guess it is in a little better shape this week.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="2010" post="689220" timestamp="1256817631"]
It's going to be wet tomorrow, but the WOS Middle school field drains really well. I sure hope HJ doesn't cancel on us. The kids need to play!
[/quote]YOU AINT LIEN. HEARD DAT WOS HAD A GAME CANCELLED LAST WEEK. THAT WOULD BE 2 DISTRICT GAMES
[/quote]

Well, as anticipated, they DID cancel. I guess even the threat of rain now a days is enough to cancel a game... ::) They cancelled all subvarsity games, 7th-JV.

[quote name="Stangs92" post="689779" timestamp="1256852442"]
That's ridiculous. These kids need to play also.

[/quote]

Actually, when I posted my post I did not know there was actually a tornado warning issued. Probably better safe than sorry when considering the distance between schools.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="689732" timestamp="1256849746"]
[/quote]

Well, as anticipated, they DID cancel. I guess even the threat of rain now a days is enough to cancel a game... ::) They cancelled all subvarsity games, 7th-JV.
[/quote]
Don't put it all on HJ's shoulders, this was a mutual decision by both schools.  It is unfortunate that the mere THREAT of rain forced a cancellation, but I assume the tornado watch had something to do with it.  Turns out the HJ 7th grade B team had their season come to an end last week as this game was canceled and Silsbee only has one 7th grade team.  I guess it's on to the hardwood!

[quote name="rhino1877" post="689907" timestamp="1256863732"]
Dont know about it being a mutual agreement to cancel. HJ called wednesday and was ready to cancel.
[/quote]
Perhaps - we were told it was going to be a discussion between the AD's & there would be a mutual decision made.  I know I'm glad we(HJ) didn't play, Pine Island Bayou is about to spill out of it's banks with all the rain we received today - NOT!!!  Unfortunately, the coaches bought what the weather guys were selling & now we've missed out on an opportunity for these young men to play football.  They practice early in the morning & late in the afternoon & for what?  I hate to hear what doom & gloom is predicted for Friday night football. 

[quote name="rhino1877" post="689907" timestamp="1256863732"]
Dont know about it being a mutual agreement to cancel. HJ called wednesday and was ready to cancel.
[/quote]

Don't tell the HJ kids that, they would have ridden their bikes there if they could have.

[quote name="bmrm" post="689876" timestamp="1256860850"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=60050.msg689732#msg689732 date=1256849746]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Don't put it all on HJ's shoulders, this was a mutual decision by both schools.  It is unfortunate that the mere THREAT of rain forced a cancellation, but I assume the tornado watch had something to do with it.  Turns out the HJ 7th grade B team had their season come to an end last week as this game was canceled and Silsbee only has one 7th grade team.  I guess it's on to the hardwood!
[/quote]

If there are any 7th grade teams that need a game this last week, please PM me & I'll put you in touch with our coaches to possibly set up a season ending matchup. 

WHY DOESNT ANYBODY WANT TO PLAY THE WOS 8TH GRADE A TEAM,WELL I SEE WHY I GUESS ITS BECAUSE OF THAT #27,24.11 WELL I CAN GO ON AND ON THEY JUST HAVE TOO MANY WEPONS TO DO ANYTHING WITH :D

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="659270" timestamp="1254256076"]
NM
[/quote] I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY ANYBODY DOESN'T WANT TO PLAY WOS 8TH GRADE A TEAM WAIT THEN AGAIN I KNOW WHY ITS CAUSE THEY HAVE TO MANY WEAPONS ESPECIALLY THOSE TWO TAILBACKS#27 AND #24 THEM TO TOGETHER IS LIKE KOBE BRYANT AND LEBRON JAMES ON THEM SAME TEAM

Icewater,
I have no idea which games you have been watching concerning the A teams?? Yes WOS is talented but they have been far from dominant. They beat Silsbee by a touchdown after Silsbee fumbled 5 times and they squeaked out a 6-0 win over BC in a pre district match up. I agree they are good but the statements about nobody wanting to play them is more than a little off base. The BC game that got cancelled was a mystery? I understand the Varsity rules in situations like this, especially concerning possibly messing up the fields any more than they were. Bridge City's field was wreck to say the least so instead of playing there while the Freshman and JV went to the middle school campus the 7th and 8th grades got left out. Why couldn't they play at Dan Hooks stadium? I know 7th and 8th graders wouldn't mess the field up nearly as bad as the bigger guys? Or even better, the JV and Freshman should have played at Hooks Stadium and the middle schools should have played at East Campus leaving the field at BC ready for the varsity. JMHO. As far as playing the 8th grade A team, I'm sure both BC and HJ would line up in the Wal Mart parking lot and play WOS if they would let them, no fear from either school.

[quote name="Rake1" post="693410" timestamp="1257087226"]
Icewater,
I have no idea which games you have been watching concerning the A teams?? Yes WOS is talented but they have been far from dominant. They beat Silsbee by a touchdown after Silsbee fumbled 5 times and they squeaked out a 6-0 win over BC in a pre district match up. I agree they are good but the statements about nobody wanting to play them is more than a little off base. The BC game that got cancelled was a mystery? I understand the Varsity rules in situations like this, especially concerning possibly messing up the fields any more than they were. Bridge City's field was wreck to say the least so instead of playing there while the Freshman and JV went to the middle school campus the 7th and 8th grades got left out. Why couldn't they play at Dan Hooks stadium? I know 7th and 8th graders wouldn't mess the field up nearly as bad as the bigger guys? Or even better, the JV and Freshman should have played at Hooks Stadium and the middle schools should have played at East Campus leaving the field at BC ready for the varsity. JMHO. As far as playing the 8th grade A team, I'm sure both BC and HJ would line up in the Wal Mart parking lot and play WOS if they would let them, no fear from either school.
[/quote]rake1.. what s your team. i saw west orange game against slislbee in bridge city. silsbee just came out and was scared.. wos is not no punk team. and bridge city was at the begining of the season. just tell b.c toplay them and yall if ya wont too ;)

I've got folks on 4 teams!! WOS, BC, HJ and Silsbee. I never even got close to saying WOS was a punk team so be careful about putting words in my thread. I did say WOS was talented but they are not dominant or scaring people like Icewater wants the world to believe. Silsbee had a pile of turnovers and was still in the ball game until the last minutes and lost by 6 or 7. Bridge City gave them all they wanted, 6-0 is not domination unless we are talking about soccer or hockey :D :D :D! I feel for all the kids who had games cancelled, it's a shame because they work really hard and deserve to play. All I was doing was adding a little bit of the opposite side of the story for the rest of the world to hear. After all there are always two sides to every story. As far as playing WOS, I can tell you personally that nobody from BC, Silsbee, or HJ is scared to play them and that's just a fact. The boys I know would tell you when ever and where ever you want to strap 'em up is fine with them, they never had a hand in the cancelling of the games. Too bad we won't get to see the games made up, I would like to see the district race played all the way out and a true champ crowned from whatever school has the best record. Good luck too them all.

My 2 boys were actually pissed off they were'nt  going to get to play WOS this season. HJ 7th has no fear. The more you talk about how good WOS is, the more our boys want to play them. Keep talking. Keep thinking your unbeatable. Keep thinking people are scared. West Orange has athletes, we know, but WO is also very beatable. HJ is busy right now looking at the bigger picture with our 7th and 8th grade. So keep talking. We'll see you when it counts.

Guest Silsbee88
This is to coldwater and 2010,

There is no one on the Silsbee 8th A team that is scared of anything the WOS team has to offer!  This is the same team that wiped the ground with the same boys last year......we had a few starters out sick and we also fumbled the ball alot more this year.  And no, the majority of the fumbles were not forced fumbles.

I know my son plays on this team and the Silsbee 8th grade A team will line up and strap up against WOS ANYTIME!  WOS does not have the athletic ability of the Silsbee 8th grade A team period!

[quote name="Rake1" post="693410" timestamp="1257087226"]
Icewater,
[/quote]

Rake, couple of things... first, that was not Icewater posting that, I guarantee you. I know him and that is not something he would say. I have a sneaking suspicion that it may be some kids posting under his account. I'm going to let him know about this. Second, we offered to play the Jr High games on our practice field. It would have been perfect, but that offer was turned down. I'm not going to point fingers at who did what, but he offer was made. We wanted to play!

You guys are letting some kids get you all riled up. None of the coaches from WOS think that HJ, Silsbee or BC are scared to play. Just calm down. Silsbee 88, the one thing you said though that I have to disagree with is your comment about the athletic ability of the silsbee 8th grade team over WOS. I saw the game this year up close and both teams are equally talented. The silsbee RB is very fast and broke off a long run, but that was about all they did offensively. The WOS RB is very fast as well. Realistically, both teams are evenly matched. Not trying to take anything away from silsbee, they are good, but so is WOS. I look for them to have some good battles over the next few years.

Gas,
thanks for shedding a little light on the subject about scheduling. I thought the whole thing was a bit odd because there were other places to play. I guess the only folks who know how the whole conversations went were the coaches and we can't go back and change that. I just wish that the cancelled games could be made up so "ALL" the boys who have been affected could get the opportunity to play. I have enjoyed watching all the schools play this year, especially since we know a bunch of folks from other teams. It will really be fun when they get older. Look forward to some awesome games in the future.

Rake1

[quote name="Rake1" post="694529" timestamp="1257183413"]
Gas,
thanks for shedding a little light on the subject about scheduling. I thought the whole thing was a bit odd because there were other places to play. I guess the only folks who know how the whole conversations went were the coaches and we can't go back and change that. I just wish that the cancelled games could be made up so "ALL" the boys who have been affected could get the opportunity to play. I have enjoyed watching all the schools play this year, especially since we know a bunch of folks from other teams. It will really be fun when they get older. Look forward to some awesome games in the future.

Rake1
[/quote]

Hey, no problem. And yes, it sucks for the kids the most because they work their butts off during the week looking forward to Thursday, then they don't get to experience the pay back. We prepared for BC then HJ in back to back weeks and then... nothing. Hopefully the preparation will help both teams for next year. At least we got to play BC once this year, really would have loved to play HJ.

Guest Silsbee88
[quote name="Gasilla" post="694497" timestamp="1257182515"]
You guys are letting some kids get you all riled up. None of the coaches from WOS think that HJ, Silsbee or BC are scared to play. Just calm down. Silsbee 88, the one thing you said though that I have to disagree with is your comment about the athletic ability of the silsbee 8th grade team over WOS. I saw the game this year up close and both teams are equally talented. The silsbee RB is very fast and broke off a long run, but that was about all they did offensively. The WOS RB is very fast as well. Realistically, both teams are evenly matched. Not trying to take anything away from silsbee, they are good, but so is WOS. I look for them to have some good battles over the next few years.
[/quote]

Did not mean to say that WOS has no talent or athletic ability, merely letting coldwater and 2010 know that Silsbee is not afraid of strapping up against them anytime or any place.  But go back a year and look at how Silsbee dominated WOS in that game.  Yes, WOS won this year and I too look forward to many year of well fought battles on the gridiron between these two teams.

[quote name="Silsbee88" post="694576" timestamp="1257185502"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=60050.msg694497#msg694497 date=1257182515]
[/quote]

Did not mean to say that WOS has no talent or athletic ability, merely letting coldwater and 2010 know that Silsbee is not afraid of strapping up against them anytime or any place.  But go back a year and look at how Silsbee dominated WOS in that game.  Yes, WOS won this year and I too look forward to many year of well fought battles on the gridiron between these two teams.
[/quote]

Yes sir, I am fully aware of the beat down administered by Silsbee last year. All I will say is that there were some mistakes made last year that were not player related in that game last that have since been rectified. Last years game sould have been more like the one this year. Two equally talented teams battling it out with the winner being the one who played the best defense made the fewest mistakes. ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83