Silsbee basketball just got a little bit better!

AggiesAreWe

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a great addition to Silsbee Tiger Basketball team. I still put a ? mark on the point guard spot. It seem over the summer league basketball ball, they were trying out different players for the spot. Lane, Hill and a sophomore name Gaines were trying it out. Hill got the experience and the leadership for the spot. That's my pick on who will most likely get it. But the sophomore Gaines should get plenty of playing time from what I am told. The Tigers are not losing much only the leadership and shooters from last year team but they can use the advatage of thier heights and speed they will have on this year upcoming 09-10 season to overcome to the three point shooting.

Guest stevenash

Yeah, like YOU have better things to do.... ::)....You are a fan of the game Lazeek, and cannot resist!  ;)

Your right I am a fan of the game..............just not yours!!!

Don't let him get you down, Lazeek.  After all, you are a difference maker.

Guest DickVitale

Was that supposed to be a funny? >:( Its not...But its OK...Thats why my moniker has been changed to Barack Obama, for Bamas such as yourself that have nothing better to do than to attempt to insult me, when you know I am above you!!  ;)

Was that supposed to be a funny? >:( Its not...But its OK...Thats why my moniker has been changed to Barack Obama, for Bamas such as yourself that have nothing better to do than to attempt to insult me, when you know I am above you!!  ;)

Sure weren't above to many people last year, at the end of lupa. Wait wait, my bad, i remember about this time last year how u where above everyone else when u first arrived at lupa. Look at me, i am a college coach, wait till u see all the talent i am bringing in to the area.

Well dam i waited and it sucked.

Guest DickVitale

All that was needed was time, and you would have seen something...WE had NOTHING to work with there...Besides, we beat the NJCAA region 14 tourney rep on their home court with NOTHING...we had some young players, and some D-III leftovers (which one of them turned out to be pretty darn good) trying to compete in one of the toughest D-I conferences in the country.  It was YEAR ONE of division I and year one for Jerre and I....Bottom line is we are BOTH in better spots now, so judge us (although you are not qualified to do so) on where we are going, not where we have been...Its ancient history...the disappointments as well as the successes....ancient history. Look forward, not backward...Jason... ;)

All that was needed was time, and you would have seen something...WE had NOTHING to work with there...Besides, we beat the NJCAA region 14 tourney rep on their home court with NOTHING...we had some young players, and some D-III leftovers (which one of them turned out to be pretty darn good) trying to compete in one of the toughest D-I conferences in the country.  It was YEAR ONE of division I and year one for Jerre and I....Bottom line is we are BOTH in better spots now, so judge us (although you are not qualified to do so) on where we are going, not where we have been...Its ancient history...the disappointments as well as the successes....ancient history. Look forward, not backward...Jason... ;)

I can understand that, but the problem is when u claim to be above everyone else. If u didnt claim all that, i would never say a word to u or bring up ur past. And everone is qualified to make opions on all situations. Johnny  ;D

Guest DickVitale

Actually you got me all wrong.....The meaning to that statement was that I was not going to STOOP to insults, NOT that I was BETTER than anyone....Thats what I mean when I say I am misunderstood and not treated fairly on here...You know well who I am, but I dont have a clue (thought I did) who you or most of the people that attempt to attack ME PERSONALLY on this board...Since when did it become your goal in life to bring up MY past? I have not done anything that any other coach has done, but you guys act as if I have commited murder in my past, as if it is THAT bad....What is up with that? And you wonder why I have this chip on my shoulder when it comes to the people of SE Texas. You people are NOT MY JUDGE....Really.

Actually you got me all wrong.....The meaning to that statement was that I was not going to STOOP to insults, NOT that I was BETTER than anyone....Thats what I mean when I say I am misunderstood and not treated fairly on here...You know well who I am, but I dont have a clue (thought I did) who you or most of the people that attempt to attack ME PERSONALLY on this board...Since when did it become your goal in life to bring up MY past? I have not done anything that any other coach has done, but you guys act as if I have commited murder in my past, as if it is THAT bad....What is up with that? And you wonder why I have this chip on my shoulder when it comes to the people of SE Texas. You people are NOT MY JUDGE....Really.

Did you really say that you have not done anything any other coach hasn't done????  There are NO COACHES acting the way you act on here.  You are not misunderstood.  You say you are invincible and that is what you think!!!  Everyone understands you very well.  You think you are better than everyone and you are not.  You think you are more enlightened than everyone else.  You are not.  You think people on here are not educated enough to make good points on here.  They are.  We all understand you. You don't understand yourself!!

I by no means know who a lot of these posters are, but Dickie as a coach of a supposed top notch high school level basketball program in TAAPS, you sure are exposing yourself & subjecting yourself to ridicule.  You don't see much of our SE Texas coaches on here posting anything.  They are comfortable in their own skin & don't have to justify replying to all the mundane comments made on this site.  Perhaps you should do the same.

Actually, I believe there are a few coaches that post on here....Fact is Barrack, you know some basketball, but I think there are others on here that know some too....This is a great site and a good way to kill time and manage a good laugh on occasion. Lets keep this less personal, show some humility and take others opinion with a grain of salt. I think if we do that, this site will be alot more beneficial to all...Afterall, talking hoops is high on my list of priorities!!!!

Guest spinks

Actually, I believe there are a few coaches that post on here....Fact is Barrack, you know some basketball, but I think there are others on here that know some too....This is a great site and a good way to kill time and manage a good laugh on occasion. Lets keep this less personal, show some humility and take others opinion with a grain of salt. I think if we do that, this site will be alot more beneficial to all...Afterall, talking hoops is high on my list of priorities!!!!

Could not agree more with your post except I believe there are very few if any coaches that post on here and if they do they absolutely don't act like he does.  I will be the first to admit that I run to my alma mater's defense to often and get to defensive at times but it is never without being provoked.  I like you believe there are many people with great insight on the game of basketball on this board.  Even the ones that don't do it every day.  That is what this board is intended for.  You ask some of the best coaches in this area and they will tell you that they learn from all different people not just other coaches.  I can tell you in my profession if I only believed I could learn from those in my profession I would have been long gone before I even started. 

Guest DickVitale

Here comes the calvary....Spinks, you dont get it...I DO WHAT I WANT! Thats to begin with, and you certainly cant tell me any different. Second, there are SEVERAL coaches that post on here, the only thing is you people on here dont know WHO they are, because I was the only one you were concerned about figuring out who I was YEARS ago..( I never wanted anyone to know who I was, but your investigative team sought to let the board know, so here I am!)...Third, ITS A MESSAGE BOARD!! You are losing perspective as to WHAT this thing is!!! The INTERNET..This is not the board room! I dont know 3/4 of the people on this site's real name, but somehow they all know me...Not fair, and not my doing...Tell us who YOU are spinks, and maybe some stalker like yourself will attempt to judge you as you have me...WHO ARE YOU?

Team first makes an excellent point....stop trying to make this into something that its not....its a message board meant for fun and enjoyment...relax.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124