I miss the days of TJ, Lincoln, and SFA

PNG1992

Nothing is wrong with MHS Goat, most of the people posting are just remembering the nostalgic "Big Game Atmospheres" of a TJ vs. PNG, TJ vs.Lincoln, or a PNG vs. Lincoln game.  These games consistantly drew standing room crowds of 15,000 or more each year.  To a lot of us, there was nothing like it. 

Sabine pass should be happy,they would not have a football team if it was not for the kids that live in PAISD and don't want to attend Memorial. I don't blame em

Why is this, what's wrong with MHS? ???

Not sure.but you can ask more than half of the starters on SP team why they live in PAISD but attend Sabine Pass. They should be able to tell you. SP sports programs could not survive if it was not for the influx of PA Students.

It is sad that school districts make so many changes. Our generation (30-50 year olds) have lost Hebert, Charlton Pollard, South Park, Forest Park, French, Thomas Jefferson, Lincoln, and Stephen F. Austin.

Change is good. TJ, LINCOLN, AUSTIN were just treading water. I'm from SFA and would have loved to have attended MHS!!!, and about the kids and the parents that send their children to Sabine, they probably wouldn't make a difference in any program in setx yet alone MHS's. Plus i said this was another whole story. :-X

IMO, some change is good, and then some change is necessary, which may not end up being good.  When you look at the list of schools Jasper Dawg put out there in an earlier post, there are an absolutely unbelievable amount of SETX traditions that were lost forever.  Yes, one or two new ones may have been created, but in this case the losses outweigh the gains.  Once again IMO !!!!  Here again, we are talking about TJ, Lincoln, and SFA.  Memorial has a new school, and a bevy of potential athletes that could form a dynasty that might produce a great tradition.  As of yet, I do see anything comparable to a TJ or Lincoln, which would produce a traditional game with the likes of a TJ/PNG or a TJ/Lincoln.  Check the ticket sales, they do not lie!!!!  I know where you are coming from Goat, and I do wish MHS well, but at this time, "IT JUST AIN'T THE SAME".  What I wouldn't pay to hear the bands and teams playin just one more time at a TJ/PNG or TJ/Lincoln game.

Guest FPHS 78

keep the change ;D

It is sad that school districts make so many changes. Our generation (30-50 year olds) have lost Hebert, Charlton Pollard, South Park, Forest Park, French, Thomas Jefferson, Lincoln, and Stephen F. Austin.

Change is good. TJ, LINCOLN, AUSTIN were just treading water. I'm from SFA and would have loved to have attended MHS!!!, and about the kids and the parents that send their children to Sabine, they probably wouldn't make a difference in any program in setx yet alone MHS's. Plus i said this was another whole story. :-X

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder