Hardin vs. Anahuac

Guest hardin82

Guest hardin82

This could be for District 23-2a Champion.

A little about each teams Offense.

Hardin 2009 Stats - thru 4 games

Total yards First downs Rushing yards Passing yards

1737                   76                   594               1143

Anahuac 2009 Stats - thru 5 games

Total yards First downs Rushing yards Passing yards

1796                   83 1299                      497

Can you say HIGH SCORING GAME ??????

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen both teams play and both are pretty good. Both Defenses has shown to be real tough and stingy at different times. I think this game will come down to who makes the least mistakes ( penalties, turnovers, Special Teams ). Both Offenses are VERY good and can put up big numbers. Hardin has a very potent throwing game, while Anahuac is blasting people with the run. 2 completely different offenses - both can score quickly.

Anahuac's RB #10 ( Childress ) is freaking legit!!! This kid can play and has a big, strong OL. Hardin has some serious Offensive weapons too ( QB # 6, WR # 5, WR # 7, WR # 10 )...? Should be a great game. Good luck to both teams.

Guest PrimeTime

Anahuac still have that over grown coach by the name of taylor.... what a great powerlifting coach! what positioin does he coach in football? I will definetly have to make my way out that direction and catch a game... Is this a must see?

Anahuac takes this one big. Hardin's weak predistrict schedule will catch up with them.

Hardin has a weak schedule? Lets look at Anahuac's record, I just went to their opponents school websites, not a lot for Anahauc to brag about there. KinKaid, who beat Anahuac, 3-2, Danbury 0-5, Concordia Lutheran 0-5, Hitchcock 0-5, Deweyville 1-4. So how can you talk about anybodys weak schedule? In all honesty, EC is the only one who can say they played a tough pre-district schedule, maybe they are who we all should be worried about. But again, how much does any game or any schedule affect you? Hardin will be ready, if we play the way we are capable of, we will keep it close.  

Anahuac takes this one big. Hardin's weak predistrict schedule will catch up with them.

Hardin has a weak schedule? Lets look at Anahuac's record, I just went to their opponents school websites, not a lot for Anahauc to brag about there. KinKaid, who beat Anahuac, 3-2, Danbury 0-5, Concordia Lutheran 0-5, Hitchcock 0-5, Deweyville 1-4. So how can you talk about anybodys weak schedule? In all honesty, EC is the only one who can say they played a tough pre-district schedule, maybe they are who we all should be worried about. But again, how much does any game or any schedule affect you? Hardin will be ready, if we play the way we are capable of, we will keep it close. 

I was thinking that same thing.

Anahuac still have that over grown coach by the name of taylor.... what a great powerlifting coach! what positioin does he coach in football? I will definetly have to make my way out that direction and catch a game... Is this a must see?

He coaches 3rd down blocking receivers and he is also responsible for coaching the tackles for the tackle eligible play. He cancelled powerlifting season to start up a UFC-style fight club!!  Your right prime time, this is going to be a must see!!

This should be a great match up between two great programs. It doesn't make it any easier playing in their house but it I believe it will be a closer game than last year. Good luck to both squads!

Hardin and 'great program' should never be used in the same sentence. One district title (ever) 35 years ago doesn't exactly rate as a 'great program'. In fact, it rates as one of the worst traditions all time in the state.

Just posting something doesn't make it true. However, it does indicate that the poster has no creditability.

Doesn't matter who wins this one.  Anahuac goes big school in the playoffs anyway.  Hardin just has to beat EC/Buna.  Getting a gold football and a banner is great and all....but look at the big picture.

I guess that makes sense. When you've never won at anything you tend to lower your expectations. Good luck with Buna for 3rd.

Never won anything....I remember a time not to long ago when Anahuac was the only win Hardin would get in district.  And when they both went down to 2A Hardin was making the playoffs and Anahuac was starting basketball.  So yeah enjoy that championship (if Anahuac wins)...maybe they can take the trophy to the 1st playoff game when Kirbyville kicks the crap out of them again.  Win or lose, Hardin plays more football games than Anahuac this year you can bank on it.  And that's what counts.

Thanks for supporting your district counterpart once the playoffs arrive - it's this type of mentality that's kept Hardin starting basketball earlier over the years.  I don't think you truly know2much, but maybe just 2big4britches is a better handle!

While Anahuac should win this game, no matter what happens the Panthers will support the other 2 teams that reach the playoffs!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder