Post STJFL Week 5 scores

KDM 2

The REF's will run the clock at WOS ......on the field

The cannot do that, it is not their call. Even so, the MPR is effect. I know it is har especially when you are trying to competetive.

Bottom line, the rule was not ocmplied with, WOS did not do it on purpose.

One last point, which was made but I will say it in a different way. The question comes up now and then' why does youth football play 10 minute qtrs when middle school plays 8, it is because ofthe MPR, middle school does not have to play everyone, the youth league does.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to make excuses for the WOS coaches, but I was at the game, and one thing that is being left out, that really needs to be considered, is the fact that this game was played with a continuous running clock.  The 10 play rule is a good one, but it is designed for 8 minute (PEEWEE) quarters.  This 8 minute clock is to be started and stopped the same way as a UIL game (incomplete passes, out of bounce, timeouts, penalties, etc.).  If you have ever seen a game played with a continuous running clock, it goes by extremely fast, making it even harder to get all of your players 10 plays.  We have played games with continuous clocks, in which we have gotten only 2 offensive possessions in an entire half.  I think all coaches on here would agree to this.  A team wanted to run the clock against us in the fourth quarter of a game this year, and I told the ref, "Hey, I still have a few kids who need a couple of plays."  That ref assured me that if they came up short, then he will not let us be punished.  I am not sure who requested the running clock on saturday, or why it was running, but I was there, and the game went by faster than normal.  I was coaching the next game, and we started earlier than our 12:00 start time.  Just Saying.

Clocks running and not running have been a big problem this year at several fields.  At one game, the refs told us the scoreboard clock was the official time.  We asked why a ref didn't keep an official time on the field and he said cuz they use the scoreboard & it wasn't necessary.  Well it was necessary when you've already had several plays and touchdowns and the clock was never started.  When timeouts are called and the clock continues to run that is another issue also. When you have 8 minute quarters & it takes 1 hour to play 2 qtrs then something is definitely wrong. It needs to be discussed at the beginning of the game whether the refs will keep time on the field along with the scoreboard or if the scoreboard will be the only time so that it can be pointed out if it is running when it should be stopped and vice versa.

Not sure why the clock was running, but it was from the opening whistle.  That makes it very difficult to get your 10 plays in when the game is being shortened this way.  Not sure if they were rushing the games, or if the coaches agreed on it, but I seriously doubt that they did.  This should be taken into consideration before a team is forced to forfeit.  Just my opinion.

It sure wasn't difficult for the PNG team to play every player at least 10 plays.  There is no excuse for cheating!!  Yes, I said it, that is exactly what WOS coaches were doing.  How in the heck can a coach not know that he didn't play one of his players? After the game one of the WOS mothers was highly upset with the WOS coach for not playing her son one SINGLE PLAY!

You can call me a cheater all that you want buddy but guess what that is not what happened the mother that went off on me was later shown and told by 4 or 5 other mothers that her son played, I guess maybe something else at th egame had her attention. If you wanted to stir the pot and get us all riled up man it's not going to work I'm not a child. I have also spoken with my head coach and we are going to ask for the other team to supply an MPR person on our sideline the rest of this year just for people like you. If you haven't seen my team yet you better ask somebody because my whole team is good BUDDY! The PNG coaches have even told you on here that we were good coaches and so were they I am not mad at the PNG coaches they were cool about everything I just wish people like you would go away and leave the CHEATING word alone!

"Queen B I cant do that, the secret service agency won't let me give up my identity, HAHAHAHAHAHA you had on some cool shades saturday though MWAH HAHAA!"

that is so wrong on so many different levels!  you know who I am and I have no idea who you are.  Those cool shades work great especially since I have little to choose from since I wear regular glasses as well.  Besides, how did you see me when that dang tent was right in my face the entire game even though I asked the coaches of the other team to PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE not put it up because people who choose to sit low wouldn't be able to see the game.  I did get a lot of exercise though running so i could see past the tent.  I actually think the tent is a wonderful idea .. just not in front of the sitting area for the spectators.

"Queen B I cant do that, the secret service agency won't let me give up my identity, HAHAHAHAHAHA you had on some cool shades saturday though MWAH HAHAA!"

that is so wrong on so many different levels!  you know who I am and I have no idea who you are.  Those cool shades work great especially since I have little to choose from since I wear regular glasses as well.  Besides, how did you see me when that dang tent was right in my face the entire game even though I asked the coaches of the other team to PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE not put it up because people who choose to sit low wouldn't be able to see the game.  I did get a lot of exercise though running so i could see past the tent.  I actually think the tent is a wonderful idea .. just not in front of the sitting area for the spectators.

I know it was so hott that day to wasn't it. You know who I am but you don't know me. I will have to say hello at the next home game, I will be the PEE- WEE coach with a Kevlar vest that says cheater on the back HAHAHAHA. By the way I am not the head coach previs in case some were wondering, that is my AMIGO, HOMEBOY, ACE BOON COON my Bro, we kick it all the time like bruce lee hahaha. I am his assistant and we are going to win it all, SUPER BOWL BOUND! I will give you a hint queen B you said hello to me as walked into the stands Saturday!

Not sure why the clock was running, but it was from the opening whistle.  That makes it very difficult to get your 10 plays in when the game is being shortened this way.  Not sure if they were rushing the games, or if the coaches agreed on it, but I seriously doubt that they did.  This should be taken into consideration before a team is forced to forfeit.  Just my opinion.

It sure wasn't difficult for the PNG team to play every player at least 10 plays.  There is no excuse for cheating!!  Yes, I said it, that is exactly what WOS coaches were doing.  How in the heck can a coach not know that he didn't play one of his players? After the game one of the WOS mothers was highly upset with the WOS coach for not playing her son one SINGLE PLAY!

FIRST OF ALL, GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. I STOPPED KEEPING MPR SHEETS AFTER THE FIRST QUARTER BECAUSE OF CLOCK ISSUES AND OTHER THINGS ON THE SIDELINES. AND I'LL TELL YOU LIKE I'VE TOLD EVERYBODY ELSE, THERE'S NO EXCUSE FOR ME NOT KEEPIN THE SHEETS. I'VE APOLOGIZED TO OUR TEAM (PARENTS AND COACHES AND KIDS) AND WE'RE PUTTING IT BEHIND US. AND AS FOR THE MOM IN QUESTION,...HER KID ACTUALLY PLAYED MORE THAN SOME OF OUR NORMAL STARTERS.HECK, HE RECOVERED A FUMBLE ON A KICKOFF. CAN'T DO THAT FROM THA SIDELINES. AND LET'S MAKE SOMETHIN ELSE PERFECTLY CLEAR...WE DON'T HAFTA CHEAT!! WE DO WHAT WE DO BECAUSE WE'RE THAT DANG GOOD! NOW I SAID I WASN'T GONNA GET WRAPPED UP IN THIS, BUT IT KILLS ME THAT WE (WOS) MAKE ONE MISTAKE, AND YOU (WHO OBVIOUSLY DON'T KNOW WHAT THA HECK YOU'RE TALKIN ABOUT) ARE ON HERE TALKIN ABOUT WE CHEATED. GET SERIOUS!!

Not sure why the clock was running, but it was from the opening whistle.  That makes it very difficult to get your 10 plays in when the game is being shortened this way.  Not sure if they were rushing the games, or if the coaches agreed on it, but I seriously doubt that they did.  This should be taken into consideration before a team is forced to forfeit.  Just my opinion.

It sure wasn't difficult for the PNG team to play every player at least 10 plays.  There is no excuse for cheating!!  Yes, I said it, that is exactly what WOS coaches were doing.  How in the heck can a coach not know that he didn't play one of his players? After the game one of the WOS mothers was highly upset with the WOS coach for not playing her son one SINGLE PLAY!

You can call me a cheater all that you want buddy but guess what that is not what happened the mother that went off on me was later shown and told by 4 or 5 other mothers that her son played, I guess maybe something else at th egame had her attention. If you wanted to stir the pot and get us all riled up man it's not going to work I'm not a child. I have also spoken with my head coach and we are going to ask for the other team to supply an MPR person on our sideline the rest of this year just for people like you. If you haven't seen my team yet you better ask somebody because my whole team is good BUDDY! The PNG coaches have even told you on here that we were good coaches and so were they I am not mad at the PNG coaches they were cool about everything I just wish people like you would go away and leave the CHEATING word alone!

You sound pretty defensive for someone that hasn't played by the rules.  Is that a better way of explaining myself.  At the biginning of the season, I'm sure there was a coaches meeting regarding rules and forms.  Correct???  Then how come you and the other coaches on this WOS team didn't have someone update the MPR sheet every play?  I know why, PNG was giving you a great game and the ONLY way for WOS to survive with a victory was to not play the less athlete kids on your team.  I apologize for the cheating comment, but I'm just upset when grown men make all the excuses up when you have known the rules from day one.

Guest Brubaker

Not sure why the clock was running, but it was from the opening whistle.  That makes it very difficult to get your 10 plays in when the game is being shortened this way.  Not sure if they were rushing the games, or if the coaches agreed on it, but I seriously doubt that they did.  This should be taken into consideration before a team is forced to forfeit.  Just my opinion.

It sure wasn't difficult for the PNG team to play every player at least 10 plays.  There is no excuse for cheating!!  Yes, I said it, that is exactly what WOS coaches were doing.  How in the heck can a coach not know that he didn't play one of his players? After the game one of the WOS mothers was highly upset with the WOS coach for not playing her son one SINGLE PLAY!

Actually, I heard it was a pretty close game???

FIRST OF ALL, GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. I STOPPED KEEPING MPR SHEETS AFTER THE FIRST QUARTER BECAUSE OF CLOCK ISSUES AND OTHER THINGS ON THE SIDELINES. AND I'LL TELL YOU LIKE I'VE TOLD EVERYBODY ELSE, THERE'S NO EXCUSE FOR ME NOT KEEPIN THE SHEETS. I'VE APOLOGIZED TO OUR TEAM (PARENTS AND COACHES AND KIDS) AND WE'RE PUTTING IT BEHIND US. AND AS FOR THE MOM IN QUESTION,...HER KID ACTUALLY PLAYED MORE THAN SOME OF OUR NORMAL STARTERS.HECK, HE RECOVERED A FUMBLE ON A KICKOFF. CAN'T DO THAT FROM THA SIDELINES. AND LET'S MAKE SOMETHIN ELSE PERFECTLY CLEAR...WE DON'T HAFTA CHEAT!! WE DO WHAT WE DO BECAUSE WE'RE THAT dang GOOD! NOW I SAID I WASN'T GONNA GET WRAPPED UP IN THIS, BUT IT KILLS ME THAT WE (WOS) MAKE ONE MISTAKE, AND YOU (WHO OBVIOUSLY DON'T KNOW WHAT THA HECK YOU'RE TALKIN ABOUT) ARE ON HERE TALKIN ABOUT WE CHEATED. GET SERIOUS!!

You sound pretty defensive for someone that hasn't played by the rules.  Is that a better way of explaining myself.  At the biginning of the season, I'm sure there was a coaches meeting regarding rules and forms.  Correct???  Then how come you and the other coaches on this WOS team didn't have someone update the MPR sheet every play?  I know why, PNG was giving you a great game and the ONLY way for WOS to survive with a victory was to not play the less athlete kids on your team.  I apologize for the cheating comment, but I'm just upset when grown men make all the excuses up when you have known the rules from day one.

THE GAME WAS CLOSE. PNG PURPLE HAS A PRETTY GOOD TEAM. MUCH RESPECT TO THEIR PLAYERS AND COACHES. AND IF IT SOUNDS LIKE WE'RE FAULTING THEM FOR WHAT OCCURED SATURDAY, WE'RE NOT. AND AGAIN, NO EXCUSES ON THE MPRS EITHER. BUT IF U KNOW ME, THEN YOU KNOW THAT I WOULD NEVER EVER SCREW OVER ONE OF MY KIDS (NO MATTER WHAT THA SPORT) JUST FOR A VICTORY. THEY R MORE IMPORTANT THAN A UNDEFEATED SEASON OR A SUPERBOWL, BCUZ THEY'RE (THA KIDS) THE REASON WE'RE THERE. BUT OUR SECOND TEAM (IF YA WANNA CALL IT THAT) IS BETTER THAN MOST TEAMS STARTING DEFENSE OR OFFENSE (NO DISRESPECT TO ANY TEAM OUT THERE-THAT'S JUST MY OPINION). SO THEM NOT GETTING THEIR PT IS MY FAULT CUZ I HAD MY HEAD UP MY BUTT( AND THAT'S EXACTLY WHT I TOLD MY TEAM). AND IF WE SEEM DEFENSIVE....WELL, IT'S BECAUSE WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN WHAT WE DO. WE LOVE OUR KIDS MORE THAN U'LL EVER KNOW. BUT SINCE YOU DON'T KNOW ME OR MY COACHES, I GUESS U CAN'T UNDERSTAND THAT.

THE GAME WAS CLOSE. PNG PURPLE HAS A PRETTY GOOD TEAM. MUCH RESPECT TO THEIR PLAYERS AND COACHES. AND IF IT SOUNDS LIKE WE'RE FAULTING THEM FOR WHAT OCCURED SATURDAY, WE'RE NOT. AND AGAIN, NO EXCUSES ON THE MPRS EITHER. BUT IF U KNOW ME, THEN YOU KNOW THAT I WOULD NEVER EVER SCREW OVER ONE OF MY KIDS (NO MATTER WHAT THA SPORT) JUST FOR A VICTORY. THEY R MORE IMPORTANT THAN A UNDEFEATED SEASON OR A SUPERBOWL, BCUZ THEY'RE (THA KIDS) THE REASON WE'RE THERE. BUT OUR SECOND TEAM (IF YA WANNA CALL IT THAT) IS BETTER THAN MOST TEAMS STARTING DEFENSE OR OFFENSE (NO DISRESPECT TO ANY TEAM OUT THERE-THAT'S JUST MY OPINION). SO THEM NOT GETTING THEIR PT IS MY FAULT CUZ I HAD MY HEAD UP MY BUTT( AND THAT'S EXACTLY WHT I TOLD MY TEAM). AND IF WE SEEM DEFENSIVE....WELL, IT'S BECAUSE WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN WHAT WE DO. WE LOVE OUR KIDS MORE THAN U'LL EVER KNOW. BUT SINCE YOU DON'T KNOW ME OR MY COACHES, I GUESS U CAN'T UNDERSTAND THAT.

You are a Godly person and I totaly respect that.  Thanks for sharing this with me and the rest of the board.  Satan became of me and I judged someone out of anger and I apologise.