Bowhunters (if there are any here), anyone want to make a trip to south Texas?

tvc184

I have a trip going to First Point Bowhunting from December 6th through the 9th. I am with two other guys but there is still a fourth slot available.

We will go into the ranch on Sunday the 6th at 11:00AM and leave at the same time on Wednesday the 9th. It is a $450 three day hunt (that covers four days) and there are no kill fees. The only rule is that a buck has to be at least 3.5 years old.

The ranch provides a room, bathroom with a hot shower, a kitchen and barbq pits. Food, drinks, blankets, pillows, etc., have to be brought by the hunters.

You can kill one doe (easy), one trophy buck (not easy), one hog per day of any size and one bearded turkey.

It is hard hunting in that you have to set your own blinds or stands.

This is a picture of one I watched for a good while last December when I went. This picture was taken from about 10 yards away. I (for some reason) did not take the shot that I should have. It is not a trophy but a very nice deer (at least for what I usually see at my lease).

fp1-1.jpg

This is another I took the next day of a non-legal First Point buck because he is too young. He might might a decent deer this year if he got enough protein. I aged him at 2.5 years old. He was a bit too big for a yearling but wasn't 3.5 for sure.

fp2-1.jpg

This is the website for First Point. If anyone is interested, send me a PM and fairly soon. Someone else may snatch it up.

This is the hidden content, please

I checked the web site out and did see some local guys with their take of both deer n hogs along with some really nice deer taken by the rest. I don't mean to hijack your post but I'm offering some Archery hunts also here in Hardin Co, will be 150 per day with only Does and hogs. Will be over feeders, food plots or both, should have no problem with seeing and having game inside 40yrds.

• 3 months later...
[quote name="barniLs09" post="745963" timestamp="1263873045"]
This topic has perked up recently so I thought Id make a thread here and see what everyone thought....So what do you think?
[/quote]

Think about what, bowhunting?

I am making a trip to south Texas in two weekends to bowhunt for hogs and javelinas.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder