Hardin-Jefferson at East Chambers/HJ wins 41-31

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ECBucFan

Christmas came real early for HJ. EC gift wrapped this game. Should have gone into halftime leading 21-7, but allowed a HJ score with seconds left. Fumbles, dropped passes (that would have scored), "interference" in the end zone, fumbled kick reception that ended up 7 for HJ, you name it, the Bucs gave it away.

Whatever the case, EC drove up and down the field at will against HJ. HJ got a few breakaway runs, but nearly nothing otherwise. Stats (especially 1st downs) should heavily favor EC. Still, a win is a win, and the stats don't count, so congrats to HJ for finally beating 2A EC, and all the luck vs. Kirbyville. Meanwhile, EC should be very hungry to start district vs. Buna.  

Christmas came real early for HJ. EC gift wrapped this game. Should have gone into halftime leading 21-7, but allowed a HJ score with seconds left. Fumbles, dropped passes (that would have scored), "interference" in the end zone, fumbled kick reception that ended up 7 for HJ, you name it, the Bucs gave it away.

Whatever the case, EC drove up and down the field at will against HJ. HJ got a few breakaway runs, but nearly nothing otherwise. Stats (especially 1st downs) should heavily favor EC. Still, a win is a win, and the stats don't count, so congrats to HJ for finally beating 2A EC, and all the luck vs. Kirbyville. Meanwhile, EC should be very hungry to start district vs. Buna. 

Man reds fumble was about a nail in the coffin

From what I saw HJ is the better team.......EC did run all over HJ, but in the end HJ prevailed and proved that they were the better team.  Congrats to the Hawks!!!  Don't enjoy it too much as you get a real tough game next week!!!!  Real impressed with Turner.  I knew he was good but man he does it all!!!!!  Venable is a much improved QB from what I saw last year as well.  I had questions about HJ and the playoffs but if they stay healthy I think they will beat BC, OF and HF to make the playoffs again!!!

Guest ECBucFan

Stats (especially 1st downs) should heavily favor EC.

First downs:  EC 26   HJ 12

Total yards:  EC 409  HJ 299

Passing:       EC 168  HJ 114

Enrollment:   HJ 662  EC 368    ;D

Guest ECBucFan

Last time I checked all that mattered is the final score. ....................  What more do you want?

I said that too.

I am asking nothing of you. What do you mean?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder