High School Team defends Blowout

BMTSoulja1

Gimme a break.  Stop whining, get your team ready and play some football.  Otherwise, cancel the season.  They had lost last year by more than 4 teams 40+ to 0.  WOS has played some lopsided games and I distinctly remember a very similar game vs Lincoln back in the early 90's (Kendall Cleveland was a senior).  I didn't see it making national news then and it's ridiculous that the lopsided score in the article should be making national news now.

I really think coaches in this area are too respectful to let something like this happen. ???

WOS  84.   Lincoln  Bumble Bees  0.

OK, let me revise! Most coaches in this area are too respectful to let something like this happen.  ;D

Port Arthur Lincoln had 7 Fumbles and thru 7 Ints that day.  It was a HOT saturday and everybody was at the game.  WOS probably only scored on Offense about half the time.  The reason that this game was so lopsided was that PA kept throwing Ints that kept getting ran back for TD's.

I look at it like this, if i were a coach i would expect my second and third teams to play just as hard as the first team. I'm not gonna throw the ball if we're up by 50 but i don't expect my backup running back who's a senior to stop and turn around and run the other way when he's about to score his only touchdown of the season or his career.

I look at it like this, if i were a coach i would expect my second and third teams to play just as hard as the first team. I'm not gonna throw the ball if we're up by 50 but i don't expect my backup running back who's a senior to stop and turn around and run the other way when he's about to score his only touchdown of the season or his career.

Ditto

I remember Newton getting Beat by Sealy 84-14 in a playoff game in the 90's!!!  I think it was handeled correctly they had a running clock in the second half and pulled all their starters.  Are the backups supposed to just give no effort because they are back ups?  What if there were scouts there and this might be the only chance they have to prove and make a name for themselves?  Do back ups not deserve a shot to do there best?

Was the current WOS head coach the head man back then?

Hooks was the head coach.  he tried to hold the score down.  the 2nd. and 3rd. teams played the last 3 quarters of the game.  this game was played about 17 years ago.  in the year (about) 1952 or 1953,  Lincoln defeated Wallace High of Orange 99 to 0.  WOS owed  Lincoln  one.

Guest shake and bake

OF defeated Kountze 99-0 one year and then 66-0 the next. Kountze at the time had one of the longest losing streaksin HS football. All OF did at the time was run the ball and the score could have been more . Coach Peveto was there. But if a team keeps commiting turnovers against your 2nd and 3rd strings lopsided scores cannot be helped. Kountze was in the same district as OF back then.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476