What Region of the State has the best HS football?

Sportznut

I wasn't talking about any final score. Somebody posted that the best football was in Dallas west of the trinity and north of I-10. BigDog, get a map. Look west of the trinity and North of I-10.. What do you find???? Dayton!

Actually...

Dayton IS west of the Trinity and north of I-10...

By your definition...

The Trinity goes just south of downtown Dallas and just north of downtown Fort Worth...

That eliminates your DFW northern suburbs (like Plano)

It also eliminates Long View and Sulphur Springs (both EAST of the Trinity).

I think the teams being most successful right now are from Abiline going east along the I-20 corridor.

DFW would be the center of this.

I've heard the katy area is on fire, like the  Golden Triangle used to be.

Katy HS is the only one that has been a beast in the playoffs, Cinco Ranch has done decent, but the other four high schools are just average. Dallas and deep east Texas IMO are the two most consistant contenders.

Agreed.  Each region has their "studs", i.e. Abilene Wylie, Cuero, Giddings, etc......but East/North East TX seems to be where it's at the last few years. 

i have talked to many coaches about this subject, coaches that have coached here in SETX and in east Texas and in the DFW metroplex and all of them seem so have the same openions about the subject. They all say that setx has way more athletes than DFW but they don't work as hard and E Texas i guess is where the athletic ability and work ethic meet.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476