Aldine Eisenhower @ West Brook

West Brook will have played good to only lose by 10.  I'm thinking close to a repeat of last week, scoring margin anyway.

My website has Ike by at least 28, probably will be more.

It seems like you have it out for Brook.  You have been heckling them for weeks now...

Problem is, we Brook fans can't say much :-[        He might be right.

I don't have it out for Brook, whats wrong with the truth.  The don't play defense and with a young offense will have problems beating anyone.  Beating Ozen and Central may make you the king of Beaumont and all of Southeast Texas, but in the grand scope of things are just another 5A football team in the Houston area.  They have bit off more than they can chew with Westfield, Ike and Katy. 

No agenda against anyone, I like to see SE Texas teams do well, but I'm also realistic and truthful.

I don't have it out for Brook, whats wrong with the truth.  The don't play defense and with a young offense will have problems beating anyone.  Beating Ozen and Central may make you the king of Beaumont and all of Southeast Texas, but in the grand scope of things are just another 5A football team in the Houston area.  They have bit off more than they can chew with Westfield, Ike and Katy. 

No agenda against anyone, I like to see SE Texas teams do well, but I'm also realistic and truthful.

Just courious --what team do you support the most?  Trying to get a read on where you are from.

I guess.  You say stuff that we already know.  We've been saying this.  I get tired of seeing Brook lose to these teams that have Houston Media eating out of their hand.  Brook have yet to prove that they can hang with them.  I'm just saying it seems like you pop up and give us a daily reminder.  We know this.  What will you say if Brook comes out and actually whip the pants off of Ike?  ::)

I guess.  You say stuff that we already know.  We've been saying this.  I get tired of seeing Brook lose to these teams that have Houston Media eating out of their hand.  Brook have yet to prove that they can hang with them.  I'm just saying it seems like you pop up and give us a daily reminder.  We know this.  What will you say if Brook comes out and actually whip the pants off of Ike?  ::)

But remember --Da Brook has also had success in the Houston area.  In the play-offs, under the current leadership, they have gone three deep twice and two deep twice.  We tend to only remember the last play off game each year.  I keep telling 82AAAAA that his tank is half empty. 

Katy, Northshore, and Westfield have had our number and without emphasizing excuses, we have had our injury problems and depth problems when going against them.  I sympathize with WOS fans because, this board tends to remember the one loss at the end of the season instead of all of the victories that gets them there.  As for myself, with a son that played and another in the band, I recall going to games all the way until Thanksgiving.  I would say that many teams in this and the Houston area cant say that.

What will I say if they beat IKE?  Ain't gonna happen.  If they stay within 10 pts. I'll be surprised.  I try to stay a little more realistic and not think in terms of the "what ifs".  "What if" West Brook beat Katy???

I've said it many times before, I just enjoy h.s. football.  I'm not affliated with any team anymore.  I live in Lumberton and enjoy traveling to watch whichever game I choose.  Katy/North Shore week 0, WOS/LCM, Lumberton/Silsbee.  Get my drift.  You want my social securtity next. 

What other time did WB go 3 rounds deep besides the year they lost to Cypress Falls Eagles in '05?

They lost to Katy in 2005--In Rice Stadium   Cy falls must have been in 2006.

BoBo--No thanks, I am secure enough with my own.  Did not mean to stir up any paranoia.  ::)

And Ranger--thanks for letting us use your stadium in post season ---after ya'll were done with it.  ;D

Guest Ranger83

What other time did WB go 3 rounds deep besides the year they lost to Cypress Falls Eagles in '05?

They lost to Katy in 2005--In Rice Stadium   Cy falls must have been in 2006.

BoBo--No thanks, I am secure enough with my own.  Did not mean to stir up any paranoia.  ::)

And Ranger--thanks for letting us use your stadium in post season ---after ya'll were done with it.  ;D

No problem!

What will I say if they beat IKE?  Ain't gonna happen.  If they stay within 10 pts. I'll be surprised.  I try to stay a little more realistic and not think in terms of the "what ifs".  "What if" West Brook beat Katy???

I've said it many times before, I just enjoy h.s. football.  I'm not affliated with any team anymore.  I live in Lumberton and enjoy traveling to watch whichever game I choose.  Katy/North Shore week 0, WOS/LCM, Lumberton/Silsbee.  Get my drift.  You want my social securtity next.  

How about you quit being rude to the people on this board. Nobody likes a smart aleck.....or would you like a little time off from this board? I can make it happen! And yes, SFA85, WB lost to Katy in the third round of the 2005 season.....Cy Falls in the third round of 2006......Alief Hastings in the FOURTH round of the 1997 season....Katy in the third round of the 1994 season....Houston Lamar in the third round of the 1990 season....and of course, State Champions in the 1982 season.

82 Champ, don't get upset.  If you know anything about football, you know I'm right.  Tell me where I'm wrong.  Come on, tell me. 

If I can't get on here, and predict that West Brook will get beat handily, much like last week, then maybe you should take some time off.  They are not that good, let that fact sink in, and stop crying when I post.  I wouldn't say they underachieve, but they have had tons of talent come through there the last 5 years, and what have they done to make anyone think they are elite?

How many points a game did they give up in 2006 and 2007 with all that talent on defense.  LOTS.  Guess what, same coaching staff, but lesser talent.  The points per game they give up will be astronomical this year.  The truth hurts.

If you don't like the truth, either then make your promise happen or dont chime in.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What will I say if they beat IKE?  Ain't gonna happen.  If they stay within 10 pts. I'll be surprised.  I try to stay a little more realistic and not think in terms of the "what ifs".  "What if" West Brook beat Katy???

I've said it many times before, I just enjoy h.s. football.  I'm not affliated with any team anymore.  I live in Lumberton and enjoy traveling to watch whichever game I choose.  Katy/North Shore week 0, WOS/LCM, Lumberton/Silsbee.  Get my drift.  You want my social securtity next.  

How about you quit being rude to the people on this board. Nobody likes a smart aleck.....or would you like a little time off from this board? I can make it happen! And yes, SFA85, WB lost to Katy in the third round of the 2005 season.

Okay thanks. 

82 Champ, don't get upset.  If you know anything about football, you know I'm right.  Tell me where I'm wrong.  Come on, tell me. 

If I can't get on here, and predict that West Brook will get beat handily, much like last week, then maybe you should take some time off.   They are not that good, let that fact sink in, and stop crying when I post.  I wouldn't say they underachieve, but they have had tons of talent come through there the last 5 years, and what have they done to make anyone think they are elite?

How many points a game did they give up in 2006 and 2007 with all that talent on defense.  LOTS.  Guess what, same coaching staff, but lesser talent.  The points per game they give up will be astronomical this year.  The truth hurts.

If you don't like the truth, either then make your promise happen or dont chime in.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You got it! I warned you.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• We'll see. I don't trust us. 
    • Starting pitching has been shaky the last few weeks due to some injuries outside of Hagen Smith.  He goes tomorrow, so y’all should be fine 
    • Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
  • Topics