Greatest...

Guest Kelly Football

I played with the QB of that Bay City team Chad Lee in college. Had the article about beating Ned from the local paper on his dorm wall. Guy was a great football player. Before he broke his thumb is sophmore year we were #1 offense in the SWJCFC. He still ended up getting a scholarship to aTm Kingsville and another guy from their Robert Jones played RB for them in highschool. he ended up going to Kingsville after Cisco

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man the wo s jasper game was classic remember people talking bout that game for the rest of the year

theres been some good mid county games in the years past

last years dayton lumberton game was pretty good  never seen a team bounce back like the way dayton did after that game

man nice post bring back some good games

Somebody mentioned the PNG-WOS game in '99. That was a great game. The Colburn kid was tackled at the two and time ran out. I remember that 'cause I was running the clock. When he got tackled there were about 14 seconds left I looked at the clock and listened for the whistle, which didn't come. Great game.

The game that sticks out in my mind was the '95 WOS-Lamarque game in the dome. Lamarque won 18-7 but the score doesn't tell the story. With Lamarque leading 10-7, WOS had the ball at the 10 yard line. The game was so close that the teams were tied in first downs and separated by on 10 yards of offense and tied in penetrations. WOS threw an interception and Lamarque scored. A couple of  years later I heard the Lamarque talk about that game and he said that they were the best two teams in the state that year regardless of class. WOS had Chris Cole that year and current Mustang assistant Toby Foreman.

How about the 10-7 game WOS won versus LaMarque in 2000 in the Dome?  Hope's shoulder was messed up so bad he could barely lift it.  Caught the ball on a 4th Down (I think) that was over his head and ran down the sideline with less than a minute to go.  Finally some revenge on LaMarque.

Also the Jasper vs WOS game in 1990.  I was 7 and still remember.  WOS won 7-6 and I think (help me here) there was a stop at the goal line that sealed the deal.

In regards to PNG's 4 year streak without losing a district game, WO-S passed that one up in the '80's going from Game 8 1986 through Game 9 1992 without a district loss on the field.  I bring this up because the 13-14 loss to PNG in Game 10 1992 broke our district winning streak and was a great game.

Others that I don't believe have been mentioned was WO-S' 10-7 upset over West Brook in 1984 ending West Brook's 16 game regular season game winning streak.

BCP's shocker over defending State Champ French 35-7 in the final game of the regular season in 1985 to knock French out of playoff contention and for BCP to qualify for their one and only time.

Bridge City's 20-20 tie with West Orange High in 1965 leaving both 5-0-1 in district.  Bridge City won the tiebreak and advanced to the State Finals.

And for the REALLY old-timers Beaumont's 14-12 win over TJ in 1958 (the ONLY win Beaumont notched over TJ in the 30 year period from 1942-1971).

Others that I don't believe have been mentioned was WO-S' 10-7 upset over West Brook in 1984 ending West Brook's 16 game regular season game winning streak.

Witnessed that game, if I remember at the Brook

Bridge City's 20-20 tie with West Orange High in 1965 leaving both 5-0-1 in district.  Bridge City won the tiebreak and advanced to the State Finals.

I rode my bike to this one, Jimmy S missed the xtra point, wide right. Worster ran wild.

In 1983 two teams went to the playoffs. Jasper went undefeated, while Silsbee, LC-M, and Lincoln each having one lose. Silsbee beat Lincoln, Lincoln beat LC-M, and LC-M beat Silsbee. There was not a coin toss to decided who went to the playoffs. It was decided by a point spread system, with Lincoln having the best spread. That year, entering district play, Silsbee, Jasper, Lincoln, LC-M, and Bridge City where very highly ranked in state. Not sure about Bridge City in the top 25 but very close. Silsbee, Jasper, Lincoln all were in the top 10. I think all, at some time, were in the top 5. LC-M was in the top 15 and mite have had some time in the top 10. "The game of the Decade" as some newspapers called it was Jasper v Silsbee. Both teams at that time were in the top 10 and may have been in the top 5. This district was smash mouth football. 

How about the 10-7 game WOS won versus LaMarque in 2000 in the Dome?  Hope's shoulder was messed up so bad he could barely lift it.  Caught the ball on a 4th Down (I think) that was over his head and ran down the sideline with less than a minute to go.  Finally some revenge on LaMarque.

Also the Jasper vs WOS game in 1990.  I was 7 and still remember.  WOS won 7-6 and I think (help me here) there was a stop at the goal line that sealed the deal.

I remember that game with Jasper.Jasper was on the goal line with a first and ten with less than a mintue to go if i recall.I think it was a big play that got them there and the wo-s stands started emptying.Jasper coughed up the ball and wo-s recovered on the first play.If i recall right the rb just dropped the ball.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anagha.23
    Newest Member
    anagha.23