PN-G vs Texas City Predictions

What was going on with our run up the middle?  It looked like the Indians ran the same play 7-8 times and Crosby never did stop the run.  I think that kind of power up the middle will keep their D backs looking inside and open up the slant and screens.  Great game last night.

The "O" line got over their first game jitters and started opening up big holes to run thru, notice on most runs he didnt get touched until he hit the secondary, and as long as "D" still causes turnovers (10 in the first 2 games) we will be alright

Cougars, TC knot up in scrimmage

TEXAS CITY – Crosby’s football team beat the weather and tied Texas City in a football scrimmage Friday night. While the lightning strikes that caused postponement of scrimmages for the Baytown and Barbers Hill teams didn't affect Texas City, Cougar quarterback Dominic Merka did. He passed for two touchdowns, one an eight-yarder to Forrest Tyler and the other a 55-yard catch-and-run effort by M.J. Mathis. Texas City scored twice against Crosby’s starters. “I saw some good things and a bunch of stuff to work on,†Crosby head coach Kevin Flanigan said. “I thought our defense played well and M.J. Mathis had a real good night. I think he caught 10 passes.†Receiver Paul Erwin, tackle Michael Mangum, linebacker Anthony Nelson and defensive back Donnie Stark also impressed the coach. The Cougars open the season against Ennis in Waco next Saturday night at 7 p.m.

Baytown Sun, 8-23-09

Maybe this info will shed a little more light on the TC / PN-G match up.  For those of you that are saying "It was only a scrimmage".  Yes it was only a scrimmage, BUT the Indians dominated Crosby, DOMINATED.  The only reason Crosby got 7 was because of a fumbled punt return that gave them the ball on PN-Gs 20. 

Texas City is going to line up and Run, Run, and Run some more.  It will be a great test for the Indians run defense.  It wouldn't suprise me if TC breaks off a few long runs, its bound to happen when you run the ball 50 times.  With that being said, and based on TC's performance against Crosby.  I don't see them slowing down the Indians Offense at all. 

With another week of practice under PN-G's belt, I see it like this....................PNG  42      TC  14

I think I see a trend starting...each week all I read is how PNG will have a rough week. Staring with BH...which granted was 21-20...then Crosby with their "superman" QB... this week it is an unstopable running game. Hey..i'll take 2-0 and welcome all the nay sayers at this point. I was worried about last weeks Crosby game to be honest...this week Im more curious mixed with a minor piece of worried. Just another chance for PNG to prove what they have. Lets see how we handle the run this week and see what everyone has to say next week.  Im predicting PNG by 14+

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83