Football Stadium plans - Horseshoe??

BigRed44

Has anyone seen or have an update of the stadium plans that includes a horseshoe configuration? Today I went to take a look on the progress since the cam doesn't work and there hasn't been an update in a while and I noticed the distinct orange stakes and lines that curve and line up on both sides of the Montagne Center. The bulldozers were cutting it out. I have tried to attached a photo from today on this theory as it could be something else, but photo is too big to post. It definitely looks promising and would add to the capacity count. If anyone goes out to the stadium please take a look.

Guest coachacola

I emailed the athletic department last month and they told me they would release some drawings soon.  They are spending over $25 million when they originally planned to spend between $18 and $22 million so they must be adding something extra to the stadium and athletic complex.  The stadium will probably end up looking a lot like McNeese's stadium:

KJHKUASVMMGMGFE.20080729001848.JPG

From an outsider, I offer these two opinions.

-don't get hung up on increasing stadium capacity. Fill up what you have at every home game.

-Win!

Trust me.  All else will work out just fine.

UNT AIN'T winning yet they are getting a new stadium. Double standard?

-don't get hung up on increasing stadium capacity. Fill up what you have at every home game.

-Win!

Trust me.  All else will work out just fine.

Almost true.  However, Fouts field is 57+ years old and crumbling.  We need it to bring in better FBS teams.

BTW, UNT 20, Ball State 10  Hey, it's a start! ;D

-Win!

Trust me.  All else will work out just fine.

Almost true.  However, Fouts field is 57+ years old and crumbling.  We need it to bring in better FBS teams.

BTW, UNT 20, Ball State 10  Hey, it's a start! ;D

LU stadium was no taj at nearly 50. Can we not do the same to LU stadium to better LU football like UNT.

According to you, no. So it is a double standard you apply to LU

Guest coachacola

I don't think GreenMenace was saying LU shouldn't expand their stadium, only don't worry about if it's not expanded right away.  Dr. Simmons has already stated that they'll be able to easily expand it to 36K in the future so it's going to be built now as a bowl, just without the extra seats.  I wouldn't be surprised to see some endzone seats put it now with a 20K capacity.

Guest coachacola

I think with an upper deck could overhang the lower deck and provide for a little extra seating.  Both McNeese and Texas State's stadium have those big press boxes that prevent them from adding an upper deck.  With LU's smaller press box they can put the upper deck right over it when the need arises.  I would think that they had drawings made of the stadium fully expanded.  Hopefully they'll make those public in the near future.

I think I would rather have 18K-22K seat stadium with all the amenities and upgrades that a top D-1 team or NFL stadium has than 36K seats of which only 12K-15K are being used.

Things to include:

More/upgraded restrooms

More/Nicer concessions

Spirit store/merchandise

Suites for big alumni

Video boards for replay

Video under the stadiums for those in a line at restroom/concession

Enclosed Concourse

I know some of these things are planned, but that's what I would like to see.

And like UNT said, just win!  Winning takes care of a lot of problems. ;)

Guest coachacola

I agree make the stadium smaller with nicer ammenities then an oversized stadium that 1/3 of the seats will never be occupied!!!!!!!!

Isn't that the plan?  I guess we don't know since the athletic department hasn't released any details about the renovations.

For all those fans who ultimately want Lamar to play in the BCS division, you have to think ahead on stadium capacity.  I am not an advocate of expanding the stadium for the first few season's, but you have to have a plan.  I like the amenities, and for sure they would have to be part of the current plan as well as any expansion plans to get the stadium Lamar would need to move to the next level.  I dont know if the current site has enough room to go to a 50k stadium but I would think to get in a Conference that would be BCS viable you would need that.  It would also be necessary to bring in the second tier Big 12, SEC or other conference schools for home games.  I know, big dreams but you don't get big without dreaming big.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics