Vidor @ Houston ST Thomas Predictions?

Hopefully they are a passing team so we get to work on the pass defence.

My thoughts exactly. The whole idea is a building process to strengthen your defensive play against the pass and run. What our offense does, well, it will do the same to everyone we play. So, even if Jeff had us playing a 5A school, hopefully it would be an offense built on the pass. We have to work on speedy receivers and yards after catch.

Hopefully they are a passing team so we get to work on the pass defence.

My thoughts exactly. The whole idea is a building process to strengthen your defensive play against the pass and run. What our offense does, well, it will do the same to everyone we play. So, even if Jeff had us playing a 5A school, hopefully it would be an offense built on the pass. We have to work on speedy receivers and yards after catch.

One of the players told me tonight that we are actually a 9 point underdog! This should be interesting.

I dislike the PNG program also Jerry but that prediction shows how football smart you are now I cant allow myself to buy into any more of your comments.  Sorry Jerry are you from Vidor or are you a fan of another school trying to turn every against the Vidor fans

i'd say the latter...definitely a pot stirrer. all true vidor fans are excited about the season but definitely not overconfident. anyone can fall any given week. like other posters stated, i hope our pass defense shows us something good this week. if they can shore that up, i think they'll have a good season and hopefully a playoff birth.

Guest blackflag

Wait til vidor plays png (png30).  it will be a long night for your defense against that big line and about 7 td's later you will believe.

jerry878 is not from Vidor !

Guest pirates

Every one knows that I'm a huge Pirate (and I mean that in support and size. lol).....I have to be realistic, St. Thomas is big and fast.  Vidor gets beat tonight.  We will recover and have a great year.

Every one knows that I'm a huge Pirate (and I mean that in support and size. lol).....I have to be realistic, St. Thomas is big and fast.  Vidor gets beat tonight.  We will recover and have a great year.

i don't think they'll lose, but they better go prepared for a tough game. their crowd will be up for the game. some of these private school's athletic programs can change drastically from yr to yr. the st thomas 9th and jv teams looked way better than what they had in the past and the varsity team looked like they played well last week too.

Guest blackflag

St. Thomas' line has an average weight of 280 LBS and they will dresss out 46 on varsity this year so they will have depth.

Vidors lineman will be tested tonight along with our secondary.

I will be there to support our Pirates.... and always we will have their hands full with a passing offense... If we play our game and do not get caught up in trying to play theirs we should be ok... as said in another post... private schools teams can change drastically from year to year... They had a long bus ride and the new coach in Mr. Biggio which probably was a distraction in itself... last year they had an offense that struggled at times and looked good at times .... they have another year working on it... probably some new additions and a lot more depth it seems.... they also had trouble stopping the run.... and also running the ball... again a lot could of changed in one year.... they traveled to us last year... this year we have the long ride... all i can say is... we will all know when the last buzzer sounds.... Good Luck Pirates and all 20-4a Teams tonight.... we walk proudly with the bulls eye on our back....

St. Thomas' line has an average weight of 280 LBS and they will dresss out 46 on varsity this year so they will have depth.

Sounds familiar! ;D I have noticed something. There are many people on here that are setting Vidor for a lose no matter what happens. They overstate how BAD the teams Vidor plays are and then say Vidor will win by 40. This way if Vidor only wins by 20 they lose even by winning. This needs to be said. The teams Vidor are playing are good teams. We may beat them, but we may not. Either way these teams are not pushovers! Now I said it! >:( .......... ;D

Hope you are wrong. I will be there looking on intently tonight. We need a good test! Here it comes :o

Sounds familiar! ;D I have noticed something. There are many people on here that are setting Vidor for a lose no matter what happens. They overstate how BAD the teams Vidor plays are and then say Vidor will win by 40. This way if Vidor only wins by 20 they lose even by winning. This needs to be said. The teams Vidor are playing are good teams. We may beat them, but we may not. Either way these teams are not pushovers! Now I said it! >:( .......... ;D

Pirate for Life

Vidor is good. Don't let any post sway your opinion. When they stop talking about your team on a message board, then get worried.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder