Katy vs. North Shore/9-7 Katy Wins..NS Streak Ends!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lufkin beats NS this year. NS is overrated, streak ends tonight.

I'm not doubting the Pack but NS won't shoot themselves in the foot after tonight. 

:D they better not, they know what happened last yr. LP was down and almost beat them. LP is back to state title contender status. it might just be the best game of the yr IMO.

I'm not doubting the Pack but NS won't shoot themselves in the foot after tonight. 

:D they better not, they know what happened last yr. LP was down and almost beat them. LP is back to state title contender status. it might just be the best game of the yr IMO.

If I wasn't working days next weekend, I'd like to see Conroe McCollough(TWH) against Katy.  Last year, the Highlanders took out 6 Tigers in a blowout....

I think that game was a wake-up call for Katy last year. It should be a good one, but Katy wont let that happen twice in two years.

If I wasn't working days next weekend, I'd like to see Conroe McCollough(TWH) against Katy.  Last year, the Highlanders took out 6 Tigers in a blowout....

is that game in Katy this yr?

North Shore won't play Lufkin this year, they play Southlake Carroll.  The only reason they played Lufkin last year was because of Hurricane Ike and all the cancellations of games.  The 08 North Shore/Lufkin game was  a spare of the moment deal.

I just got home from the game and it was pretty amazing.  I got there at 6:30 and didn't have a seat.  The Stadium holds around 10,000 and there were around 13,200 there.  Great atmosphere!  My impressions from both teams is that are legit.  Both teams have tough games ahead for them, but I don't see either lossing.  There can't be a defense in the state or nation for that matter as physical or fast as North Shore.  As a whole they are better than they were last year, both teams.  Several times I though Jeffrey and Young had the corner on tosses and zone play and North Shore just would swarm to the football.  Young played more than Jeffrey because I think they wanted to run it at North Shore and not to the sideline.  Young had some good carries for Katy and is a tough runner.  Woods from North Shore is equally as tough to bring down. 

Both offenses struggled, but thats expected for the first game.  Both defenses were lights out.  Katy had 3 great scoring opportunities they missed out on in the first half (bad hold on FG, int, and fumble), and North Shore missed several great opportunities in the second half (penalties and fumbles). 

The thing that killed both teams more than anything else was special teams.  Once they emphasize that a little more and get those units shored up neither team will lose.  Both teams have dang good offenses, not great, but once they get it together both will be hard to stop and beat. 

I feel sorry for West Brook having to play both of these guys in a rebuilding year.  Its gonna be real bad.

North Shore won't play Lufkin this year, they play Southlake Carroll.  The only reason they played Lufkin last year was because of Hurricane Ike and all the cancellations of games.  The 08 North Shore/Lufkin game was  a spare of the moment deal.

I just got home from the game and it was pretty amazing.  I got there at 6:30 and didn't have a seat.  The Stadium holds around 10,000 and there were around 13,200 there.  Great atmosphere!  My impressions from both teams is that are legit.  Both teams have tough games ahead for them, but I don't see either lossing.  There can't be a defense in the state or nation for that matter as physical or fast as North Shore.  As a whole they are better than they were last year, both teams.  Several times I though Jeffrey and Young had the corner on tosses and zone play and North Shore just would swarm to the football.  Young played more than Jeffrey because I think they wanted to run it at North Shore and not to the sideline.  Young had some good carries for Katy and is a tough runner.  Woods from North Shore is equally as tough to bring down. 

Both offenses struggled, but thats expected for the first game.  Both defenses were lights out.  Katy had 3 great scoring opportunities they missed out on in the first half (bad hold on FG, int, and fumble), and North Shore missed several great opportunities in the second half (penalties and fumbles). 

The thing that killed both teams more than anything else was special teams.  Once they emphasize that a little more and get those units shored up neither team will lose.  Both teams have dang good offenses, not great, but once they get it together both will be hard to stop and beat. 

I feel sorry for West Brook having to play both of these guys in a rebuilding year.  Its gonna be real bad.

Excellent game summary.  PAM's in trouble also having to play The Woodlands in 4 weeks.......

We will find out how good The Woodlands is this week.  They play a Katy team in Katy that is hell bent on revenge.  After the whoppin they took at the hands of The Woodlands lat year, I doubt Katy has forgotten it.  Katy is the real deal.  I'll be going back in two weeks to watch them play Bellevue (WA).  After you watch a Katy game in Katy, esp. against another top notch program, you find out there's really no where else to watch a high school football game.  As great as the atmosphere is at PNG, Katy has them beat.

SFA, one day Memorial will be able to play with the elites of Houston.  A lot will have to change and it will take some time.  I graduated from O'field in 75 and live in Lumberton now.  My kids have graduated and I have the opportunity to watch whomever I want.  I remember though when they were in h.s. watching Lincoln and TJ run track in the late 90's and 2000-2002.  Both schools consistenly ran sub 42 in the 4x100 and 3:17 or better in the 4x400.  I have said on a regular basis and I'm shy to admit that I think that Memorial has more athletes under one roof than just about anyone in the whole country.  They have the benefit of being the only h.s. in a decent size town, and they have all the athletes to themselves.  I know there is a lot to fix, and it will take someone special to do it.  Unfortunately the guy they have their now will do nothing but make it worse.  "X Box" Kenny as you call him, in no way deserved that job, and he will never win big there.  On the bright side, there is nowhere that has more speed, athletes, and hard nosed kids than PA though and one day they will right the ship.

We will find out how good The Woodlands is this week.  They play a Katy team in Katy that is heck bent on revenge.  After the whoppin they took at the hands of The Woodlands lat year, I doubt Katy has forgotten it.  Katy is the real deal.  I'll be going back in two weeks to watch them play Bellevue (WA).  After you watch a Katy game in Katy, esp. against another top notch program, you find out there's really no where else to watch a high school football game.  As great as the atmosphere is at PNG, Katy has them beat.

SFA, one day Memorial will be able to play with the elites of Houston.  A lot will have to change and it will take some time.  I graduated from O'field in 75 and live in Lumberton now.  My kids have graduated and I have the opportunity to watch whomever I want.  I remember though when they were in h.s. watching Lincoln and TJ run track in the late 90's and 2000-2002.  Both schools consistenly ran sub 42 in the 4x100 and 3:17 or better in the 4x400.  I have said on a regular basis and I'm shy to admit that I think that Memorial has more athletes under one roof than just about anyone in the whole country.  They have the benefit of being the only h.s. in a decent size town, and they have all the athletes to themselves.  I know there is a lot to fix, and it will take someone special to do it.  Unfortunately the guy they have their now will do nothing but make it worse.  "X Box" Kenny as you call him, in no way deserved that job, and he will never win big there.  On the bright side, there is nowhere that has more speed, athletes, and hard nosed kids than PA though and one day they will right the ship.

I don't know Bobo.  I hate they day OU one the National Championship and held that camp which everybody and their momma went to see how the spread was run.  It gives offensive minded coaches licence to try to use all that speed etc but the Spread had so many variables for it to work.  Plus, if said coach isn't defensive minded or believes in toughness, then a talented bunch of kids who won on every level below high school turn into underachievers who still get the scholarships to college but don't have the wins nor traditions to show plus to leave something for the next groups to strive for.  That's what's seperates the Katys, NS, and LaMarques from the PAM's.....

Felt like NS got screwed on a coach interference call at a crucial time. Who calls that?

Ya that was pretty cheap and whenever have you seen that called in a big game?  8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• The locals have almost finished firing the first ever Speaker of the House from Southeast Texas upon direct order of Trump and his minions.   It's a sad day... Locals have decided that being represented by the most powerful man in the House didn't mean anything.... they'd rather a political novice to represent this part of SETX.  And why is that?  He wasn't MAGA enough for them.  Who cares that it will hurt locally... What Trump says, goes.     Just yesterday I saw Trump on television demanding that we fire Phelan... How he's a RINO, weak on the border, etc... why?  Because he wouldn't overlook the criminal actions done by Ken Paxton, one of Trump's key supporters in the effort to overturn the 2020 Election and allow Trump to remain in office despite the will of the voters.   Trump never even mentioned Covey's name, and I doubt he would recognize Covey if Covey walked up with a cup of coffee.  Who cares that it's bad for SETX?  Not the R voters from SETX!   Then I saw Covey's preacher on a different ad tell a bald face lie.  Why should Phelan be fired?  "He put Democrats in positions of power in the House."  Really?  That's been the position of BOTH parties for as long as anybody can remember.  They ALWAYS give the minority party committee chairmanships.  But in 2022 the Rs decided that the practice should stop.  Democrat voters should not be allowed a voice in the crafting of legislation if there is a single majority Republican seat in the House, according to the Rs.  Representative Government?  Never heard of it, huh? Never did I believe that we'd have an abortion ban, constitutional carry, huge cuts for school property taxes, and Texas law enforcement being greenlit to enforce immigration law.  But it all happened while Phelan was speaker.  Without a doubt, the most conservative Speaker, ever.  But still a dirty RINO for not being MAGA enough.  It would be funny if it weren't true.   I've been following politics long enough to remember when Rs couldn't get elected in Texas... I'm confident that we're headed back that direction.  I mean, it's obvious that with population shifts we'll be turning blue eventually.  I think that the behavior of the leadership of the Republican Party is going to cause that shift sooner than expected.  I won't be surprised to see Democrat Senators and possibly even a governor elected within 12 years.  Maybe less.  The Rs will be a party apparatus without a voting base behind them.
    • Yellowjacket faithful are still pouring into Hudson HS’s Gipson Field!!!!  
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
    • The game will be live streamed for those that have Game Changer under the Chester team thread.  I believe the radio station out of Palestine will have radio broadcast.
    • For those John Candy lovers (my attitude right now): This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
  • Topics