*PN-G vs. Barbers Hill...PN-G Wins/Comments*

PNG stadium not that nice . its nice but not number one .

Wow, you're the first one to say it wasn't that nice (but in the next breath, you said "it was nice")

You must have been one of the officials (or at least had the same eyesight).  You know, first you say it's a complete pass, then you say incomplete!  Or, you let players bump each other  all night, then at the end, throw a flag when 2 players reach the ball at the same time... very inconsistent... like your post.

I'm glad you had a miserable time.  Do us both a favor, and don't come back again.  We'll all be happier in the end.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BH made one heck of a come back in the second half 2 touchdowns in the 3 rd quater with pot extra point good 14-14 going into the 4th quater. PNG made another touchdown made extra point made makes it 21-14 .. Bh drives down the field makes another touchdown tried to go for 2 miss it . Flag on PNG gave bh another chance to get an extra point kicked it ball was tipped miss extra point made it 21-20 .. Final score . Bh had ball and turned over on downs . and png also had the ball turned over on downs with 2.5 seconds left . Final score was 21-20 PNG on top .. Great game if you ask me .. Refs where a little cheap . .. PNG stadium not that nice . its nice but not number one . and parking sucked . people from PNG were on visitor sides i kept telling them to leave and go to the other side . they finally did .. hah . and the mascot he needs a lesson to grass dance so when there ready for a real Native american to dance give me a call .. ill try out . and beat him . =D

Final Score 21-20

Actually if the offense is as intricate as it's made out to be, each week it'll get a little more complicated. Which means,  :'( , by the time L-Town gets them we'll have to face probably everything they are going to throw at teams.  :o;)

Once again... another "fan" of Barbers Hill feeling the need to bash other local schools while making themselves look foolish. What a shame, but fortunately.... most of the true Barbers Hill Eagles are a classy bunch of folks that support their team.  Best of luck to the Eagles in the rest of the season!

BTW last time I checked.... quarter had an "R" in it.   

Lets all remember this is the first game. I'd hate to play Barbers Hill later in the season when they are hitting on all cylinders. They have some tremendous athletes and very easily could've whipped PNG last night. The Indians have a lot to work on this week. I believe we'll see better football each week as will the BH fans. The refs let 'em play rough for 3 quarters and then got picky at the end. It's their first week too.

The Indians played with a lot of heart last night, with great effort from lots of the kids. Best Indian secondary I've seen in years. Good open field tackling that was missing last year. Dre Dunbar was Superman last night.

Sorry about the parking. It sucks. Its kinda like playing at Nederland. No place for anybody to park! Hopefully it will be better next year when construction is completed.

The new look Reservation is fantastic! Fabulous experience for a high school football game. Anybody saying otherwise is just jealous. Looking forward to Crosby Friday night.

Congrats to the Indians for finding a way to win on a night when the offense just didn't look in sync.  The BH defense was SOLID.  Much better than Memorials defense from what I saw.  PN-G's first team O rolled over Memorial in the first quarter of the Scrimmage.  Not so much against BH, yards were tough to come by.  Congrats to BH on a well played game.  

Hey PNG, don't listen to what one fan say's, all the guy's around me (on BH side) were talking about how nice your stadium is, and wishing we had one like it.  Wolf is just wrong.

PNG has a lot of class and I hope our coaches sign up to play for two more years!

Good luck with the rest of your season!!!

Our line will have to improve on both sides of the ball if we want a chance to beat Crosby. Doty looked real good. They(BH) put a lot ofpressure on him and he handled it well. DeRon is for real, he is a good receiver. We had a hard time tackling BH's QB, he is a good athlete, with a little experience he will be real good. He missed a couple wide open receivers.

As far as christmas present giveaways sometimes they are takeaways. Our secondary played a real good game. Some of the interceptions were very athletic plays on the part of the secondary.

We made some very sloppy penalties at very bad times. Several of them caused some big plays to be called back. Overall I believe the BH fans will agree that there was good moments and bad moments for both teams. But it was the first game. I am still very happy with our team, most of the problems I saw were small and very correctable.1-0 i'll take it.

Hey PNG, don't listen to what one fan say's, all the guy's around me (on BH side) were talking about how nice your stadium is, and wishing we had one like it.  Wolf is just wrong.

PNG has a lot of class and I hope our coaches sign up to play for two more years!

Good luck with the rest of your season!!!

Thanks 34.  We enjoyed having the BH folks.  A clas program, no doubt.  BH has a very well coached team, and should have won last night, but for errors.  I'm writing those off as 1st night jitters.  Alot of hustle on both sides of the ball, and some fast guys too.  You'll do fine this season. 

Good Luck!

Good win, Indians!  I saw the highlights.  I know that #8 for the Indians was all over the darn place with a few INT's and a fumble recovery for a TD.  This kid appears to be my kind of player!

#8 is Dre Dunbar....he WAS all over the place.  I believe 3 INT's. This kid wll definitely be someone to watch.  The game turned out the way a pre-season game should.  Kids were nervous, lots of mistakes on both sides of the ball, will make for a good training film to correct mistakes and move on. What impressed me the most is that PNG never gave up...these kids came out and played with heart, something I haven't seen in a while from the Indians.  Thanks to the kind folks from Barbers Hill. You have a lot of class! On my way out...several BH fans commented on how nice The Reservation was and that it was top notch! I think Faircloth is doing a GREAT job at PNG and we will see only bigger and better things ahead!

BH whipped on us like a step child. If it wasn't for so many turnovers, BH would've ran away with this one. I was very disappointed in the performance of all aspects of the game, kicking, offense, and defense.  Who was telling the kicker to line up four yards back and kick it straight up in the air instead of kicking the snot out of it to the endzone? Defense was on the field almost the entire game, and the offense couldn't move the ball to save thier lives. A win is a win, but hopefully they make major improvements before district starts. I know I'm being tough on them, but dang the little things is what has me fired up. Come on guys improve each week so we can be in the thick of things come district time. Scapl'em

I think this was a typical first game , both teams made mistakes and they will correct them as the season goes on. It's tough to tell at this point if BH just has a really good defense or if PNG doesn't have a good Offense and visa versa. Next game should give both sides a better understanding of where they sit. PNG will face a good Crosby team with a very talented QB while BH will be tested against a good Lumberton squad.

Now for BH, Someone metioned the secondary for PNG and I think BH's secondary looked really good! In the past couple of years that has been a huge weak point on the BH D! This D line looked solid and everyone was swarming to the ball! #40 was all over the place #32 looked good too! On O Viverette (SP) Defenitly is a tough kid and has a pretty good arm! once he adapts to being a QB at the Varsity level and adjust to the speed of the other teams secondary the completions will come! Carter Smith can flat out fly I would love to see him in some slants where he could get some open field after the catch! #81 look good to  these two are going to be lighting up the board this year! I'm still a Kade Bradford fan in the back field! His size and strenght as well as his speed should get him more touches through out the season. #20 did good in the back field as well, but I would like to see him go outside more with a lead blocker

Oh and PNG the facilities were fantastic! Any idea on the attendance from last night? Yall's side looked pretty full and from what I could see it looked like we brought some folks too!

A win is a win and Nederland lost so I am happy.

;D ;D ;D

Thats an opinion that I don't think I would put in a forum.....things like that have a way to come back and bite you in the butt!  Win/lose, we're all part of 20-4A.  It seems turnovers were rampant all over the district last night...thats typical in preseason as the boys work out the jitters and continue to focus for district play.

Proud of you guys from BH and sounds like you got it going in the right direction. BH plays hard and just come up short but next week whole new week. Hang in there and keep playing hard.

;D ;D ;D

Thats an opinion that I don't think I would put in a forum.....things like that have a way to come back and bite you in the butt!  Win/lose, we're all part of 20-4A.  It seems turnovers were rampant all over the district last night...thats typical in preseason as the boys work out the jitters and continue to focus for district play.

Just trying to keep up with AdminBabyRuth......lol

;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D

we good pngfan, i would think market basket had run out of kool aid if a nederland win made you sad.

;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D

we good pngfan, i would think market basket had run out of kool aid if a nederland win made you sad.

I am just pickin Admin, I have all the respect in the world for Nederland and support them every week but MCM.

;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D

I am just pickin Admin, I have all the respect in the world for Nederland and support them every week but MCM.

keep that quite, it's more fun the other way. ;)

After watching the game I like BH's commitment and discipline. Png has a hell of a DB in Dunbar. The offense is not very good. The QB was terrible in the first half for both teams. 8 ints in the first half. It could be jitters. Both of your teams played decent ball in the 2nd half. The other difference I noticied was PNG was cocky when they came out and BH was ready to play. I admire the way they did not care 1 who they were playing 2 wear they were playing and 3 that they were supposed to lose. BH has a good coach he prepard his team well. I think I like this team. Maybe.

After watching the game I like BH's commitment and discipline. Png has a heck of a DB in Dunbar. The offense is not very good. The QB was terrible in the first half for both teams. 8 ints in the first half. It could be jitters. Both of your teams played decent ball in the 2nd half. The other difference I noticied was PNG was cocky when they came out and BH was ready to play. I admire the way they did not care 1 who they were playing 2 wear they were playing and 3 that they were supposed to lose. BH has a good coach he prepard his team well. I think I like this team. Maybe.

COCKY??

And just how did you come by that opinion? Other than the fact that you hate PNG as you have made obvious. Both teams came out the same. Ran through the sign and on to the sidelines. Both programs are classy and pride themselves as such.

Seriously... Cocky?  I am unbiased as can be but I do pull for PN-G.  I didn't see cocky on either side. 

What I saw was two very mediocre teams that needed a TON of work on both sides of the ball.

Turnovers, missed tackles.  Just terrible.

but cocky?  Child please.  you can kiss da baby now.

They were cocky in pre game warmups I think that honest opinions around here unless the benefit your cuase are frowned upon. PNG is not my favorite team. But I respect them for the things these other schools do not have. They have the people and the tradition. Oh yea and Cherokee. Anyways I have a sneaky feeling that after seeing this game that you guys will be in the 204a playoffs. There I said it  shoot me if you will.

They were cocky in pre game warmups I think that honest opinions around here unless the benefit your cuase are frowned upon. PNG is not my favorite team. But I respect them for the things these other schools do not have. They have the people and the tradition. Oh yea and Cherokee. Anyways I have a sneaky feeling that after seeing this game that you guys will be in the 204a playoffs. There I said it  shoot me if you will.

And what is your team Jack?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83