Brown is now eligible, will join Longhorns

First off, J'Covan is a tricky one to analyze, but I have several observations.  I understand where one would think he plays no D and is a shoot first player, but I have to respectfully disagree.  There were times at Kelly, Memorial, and on the AAU circuit where he would get upset and just shut down.  In the past year and a half I've seen the young man mature a good bit and I'd like to think (and hope) he's outgrown this.  Also, if you were to watch him in a men's league where his team is up thirty he doesn't play a lot of defense.  No one does.  But if you can catch him in a competitive game against actual competition you will see a completely different person.  He has the ability to be a LOCKDOWN defender and, in addition to a great stroke, is an excellent passer.  This is one of those kids who sees the game two or three steps ahead of everyone else.  Again, I understand where the doubts come from, but if Coach Barnes can keep his head on straight this kid will be an impact player.  

ps.  I've heard nothing but excitement about him from Austin.  

First off, J'Covan is a tricky one to analyze, but I have several observations.  I understand where one would think he plays no D and is a shoot first player, but I have to respectfully disagree.  There were times at Kelly, Memorial, and on the AAU circuit where he would get upset and just shut down.  In the past year and a half I've seen the young man mature a good bit and I'd like to think (and hope) he's outgrown this.  Also, if you were to watch him in a men's league where his team is up thirty he doesn't play a lot of defense.  No one does.  But if you can catch him in a competitive game against actual competition you will see a completely different person.  He has the ability to be a LOCKDOWN defender and, in addition to a great stroke, is an excellent passer.  This is one of those kids who sees the game two or three steps ahead of everyone else.  Again, I understand where the doubts come from, but if Coach Barnes can keep his head on straight this kid will be an impact player.  

ps.  I've heard nothing but excitement about him from Austin.  

Thanks 6 post man!!! I have seen the kid and I know he has great talent.  PG is his position of the future if he wants to get to the NBA... Let's see if he got it in him. He will have to beat out Balbay and Lucas which could truly happen...  I never thought about it but a starting line-up with Brown at the point would be wow!!!!

Pittman

Johnson

James

Avery

Brown

WOW!!!!

With our own Marvin Williams in the form of Hamilton... Year one possible NC year two definitely NC!!

I hope you aren't insinuating that my opinion is less valuable because I've only made six posts.  Generally I am content to sit back and read other's opinion, whether they are valid or not, but occasionally I'll get involved.  If you'd like I can fax you over my basketball resume so you can check out my credentials.

ps.  I can't imagine what my boss' reaction would be if I spent enough of my work time to have thousands of posts. 

I hope you aren't insinuating that my opinion is less valuable because I've only made six posts.  Generally I am content to sit back and read other's opinion, whether they are valid or not, but occasionally I'll get involved.  If you'd like I can fax you over my basketball resume so you can check out my credentials.

ps.  I can't imagine what my boss' reaction would be if I spent enough of my work time to have thousands of posts. 

No you are very valuable to the board... just was suprised to see such a seasoned post by someone with only six ppost...

I hope you aren't insinuating that my opinion is less valuable because I've only made six posts.  Generally I am content to sit back and read other's opinion, whether they are valid or not, but occasionally I'll get involved.  If you'd like I can fax you over my basketball resume so you can check out my credentials.

ps.  I can't imagine what my boss' reaction would be if I spent enough of my work time to have thousands of posts.  

Show the credentials PA......lol

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont