13 yr old Babe Ruth Regional/ Live updates

Guest gladiator2

Sounds like someone has heard enough of the excuses. This is a good group of kid's. I did not think pitching would have let them down. I heard that a cancer on the team did not play this year and they should be better without him. I didn't believe it when I heard it and I definately don't believe it now. One kid don't always make a team but this kid is a difference-maker. There's always next year.

Who did they lose to?

Lost first game to McComb, Mississippi (Good team...should win the tourney)  Lost second game to Eagle Pass, TX (should've beat 'em, but our boys were exhausted after getting a horrible draw in the bracket)  Those hillbillies do NOT know how to draw a bracket!!!

Yep, c'mon...don't blame "the bracket"...you play the schedule or draw you are given, period.

Stop blaming others for this team's performance....they didn't lose because of the bracket!!  These 13 year old parents have been whining all year long and blaming everyone and everything else on the shortcomings of these kids.  These kids are talented and the all-star coaches were good.  But don't blame the tournament directors for "not knowing how to draw a bracket."  These kids and coaches should have risen to the challenge and overcome the adversity of playing an extra game.  It didn't help matters that they had to use a few extra pitchers in the first game that they weren't planning on using.  This may have been a coaching mistake...I don't know...I wasn't there.  All I have heard for the last several years is how this particular group of boys has what it takes to go all the way...well they haven't yet and they are running out of time.  Maybe instead of inflating their heads they should be taught some respect for the game and everyone who plays it, manages it and calls it.  Alot of them are taking the attitudes of their loudmouth parents.....play baseball and stop whining and stop blaming everyone else!!

I'm not blaming the bracket for them not winning the tournament...if you will read what I said, I said Mississippi should win the whole thing.  They were the better team...but, I said it before and I'll say it again...it was a horrible bracket.  And I don't say that because we had to play an extra game.  If you'll look at all 3 of the brackets in Arkansas, they were all drawn the same way & they could've been scheduled better.  If you'll look, the teams representing North & South Arkansas were scheduled playing early on Friday & had a whole days rest before playing their second game on Sunday.  And this was the same on all 3 brackets.  But with that being said, you are right!  The coaches & kids should've been able to rise to the challenge...but like I said, Mississippi was the better team.  Sorry if I struck a wild hair...I was there & I was exhausted after staying up past midnight for the first night, having to return for a noon game & then a third game in less than 24 hours.  All I was saying is that it could have made a difference in the 3rd game.

Guest gladiator2

Remember one thing. Where were ya'll playing? I don't believe they are going to try and do any favors for Texas. Any time you look at a bracket someone is not going to be happy. It's part of the game and always will be. Losing sucks and we all try to find excuses after we lose or something that we could have done different. It just wasn't their weekend, all of them have plenty of baseball ahead of them.

Guest Brubaker

The bracket didn't seem to bother the 15's and I haven't heard any excuses from the 14's for their showing either.  Sometimes you just need to tip you cap... especially as adults, the kids are taking their cue from you.  Tip you cap and look to get em next year... anything else and your taking away from the essence of COMPETING.

The bracket didn't seem to bother the 15's and I haven't heard any excuses from the 14's for their showing either.  Sometimes you just need to tip you cap... especially as adults, the kids are taking their cue from you.  Tip you cap and look to get em next year... anything else and your taking away from the essence of COMPETING.

I did tip my cap at Mississippi...but you're not gonna change my mind that the bracket was poorly drawn (all 3 of them)  It's not an excuse...we could've overcome it just as the 14 & 15 yr olds did...but we didn't.  Plain & simple. 

Guest zewkpr5

Remember people this about the kids here!!!!!!! I personally know many of them and have had the opportunity to coach the kids and with the coaches involved. I want to say great job and wish only the best for this group for years to come. Bracket issues or not these kids deserve to be praised. Hreat job all involved.

Michael Houston

I will weigh in briefly with a different perspective on the bracket issue as the opposing coach (MS).  The tournament ran very late on Friday night and the Nederland boys had to leave with new host families then turn around and play the early game on Saturday.  Ramoin was lights out on Friday night but couldn't have had his best stuff the next morning.  I definitely thought they were tired and it was unfortunate that possibly the two strongest teams had to meet under those conditions.  I got to meet a few of the players like White, Feltman, Mendoza, Babino and Chandler.  They are great ball players and first class kids as well.  That team could certainly win it all next year.

I will weigh in briefly with a different perspective on the bracket issue as the opposing coach (MS).  The tournament ran very late on Friday night and the Nederland boys had to leave with new host families then turn around and play the early game on Saturday.  Ramoin was lights out on Friday night but couldn't have had his best stuff the next morning.  I definitely thought they were tired and it was unfortunate that possibly the two strongest teams had to meet under those conditions.  I got to meet a few of the players like White, Feltman, Mendoza, Babino and Chandler.  They are great ball players and first class kids as well.  That team could certainly win it all next year.

Thanks, that was very nice of you to say.  Ya'll were a class act & a great group of ball players.  Good Luck in Utah!

That was very nice to say! Your ball club is a very strong one. We wish you nothing but the best of luck in Utah!!!!

Sounds like someone has heard enough of the excuses. This is a good group of kid's. I did not think pitching would have let them down. I heard that a cancer on the team did not play this year and they should be better without him. I didn't believe it when I heard it and I definately don't believe it now. One kid don't always make a team but this kid is a difference-maker. There's always next year.

[/quote

Not sure who you are talking about, but I disagree that just one kid could be a difference-maker. Our team had ALOT of errors on Saturday, and to me thats the reason we lost.  Yes there is always next year and I hope that we go farther next year. These boys are all great baseball players and I look forward to seeing them play together in the future.

[/quote

Not sure who you are talking about, but I disagree that just one kid could be a difference-maker. Our team had ALOT of errors on Saturday, and to me thats the reason we lost.  Yes there is always next year and I hope that we go farther next year. These boys are all great baseball players and I look forward to seeing them play together in the future.

I know exactly who he's talking about & although I don't believe he was a 'cancer' on our team last year, I don't think that his absence contributed to our losses in the tournament.

[/quote

Not sure who you are talking about, but I disagree that just one kid could be a difference-maker. Our team had ALOT of errors on Saturday, and to me thats the reason we lost.  Yes there is always next year and I hope that we go farther next year. These boys are all great baseball players and I look forward to seeing them play together in the future.

I know exactly who he's talking about & although I don't believe he was a 'cancer' on our team last year, I don't think that his absence contributed to our losses in the tournament.

I know exactly who you are talking about too and I can promise he would have helped that team in Regionals....He would have helped the 14s in Regionals.....These kids are getting old enough to be able to handle adversity on a team...If you dont learn how to deal with it now, you are in for a rude awakening in high school baseball.....Its not like this kid will be sitting the bench......

[/quote

Not sure who you are talking about, but I disagree that just one kid could be a difference-maker. Our team had ALOT of errors on Saturday, and to me thats the reason we lost.  Yes there is always next year and I hope that we go farther next year. These boys are all great baseball players and I look forward to seeing them play together in the future.

I know exactly who you are talking about too and I can promise he would have helped that team in Regionals....He would have helped the 14s in Regionals.....These kids are getting old enough to be able to handle adversity on a team...If you dont learn how to deal with it now, you are in for a rude awakening in high school baseball.....Its not like this kid will be sitting the bench......We'd love to have him at Babe Ruth!  And I agree, he is one helluva baseball player & we should definitely see him on the high school field.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83