25-1a-Next Year season

I don't remember his # but he gave the club a huge spark when he came in the ball game at Spurger and in the playoff games I saw.He can push the ball and dish it when he needs to.The kids that played the point last year is either gonna have to get more aggressive or play on the wing for the Sharks to be a complete club.Cruthirds was also the best defender I saw on the club last year.

#23 was his number and for him to start he will have to play the wing

If thats true about Whittacre than Spurger has the power to beat any team in small school ball.Do they have any standout player moving up from Jv?

I know the sharks have one kid that was putting up great numbers on the jv level. He had a great 3 ball. idk his number nor name

And not alot to say about evadales jv beside they was whooping butt and taking names

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o :o :o

DUNK AT WILL?????

SHOOT THE THREE?????

6'3??????

MUST HAVE PUT SOME HARD TIME IN THIS SUMMER

AND FOR ALL THE QUESTIONS SABINE HAS THERE CENTER

HES LANKY BUT QUICK AND HE WENT TO CAMP THIS SUMMER SO HE SHOULD BE OK

HE JUS NEEDS A LIL BOOST IN CONFIDENCE

AS FOR PLAYOFFS

FOR US IT WAS JUST A LACK OF EXPERIENCE

NOBODY PLAYED LIKE THEY KNEW HOW BESIDES DREW CARLOS AND FELIX JONES

EVERYONE ELSE WAS MORE NERVOUS

BUT THIS YEAR WE'LL BE READY

ALL THOSE JITTERS WONT BE THERE THIS TIME

LOOKIN TO GO DEEP

I don't remember his # but he gave the club a huge spark when he came in the ball game at Spurger and in the playoff games I saw.He can push the ball and dish it when he needs to.The kids that played the point last year is either gonna have to get more aggressive or play on the wing for the Sharks to be a complete club.Cruthirds was also the best defender I saw on the club last year.

#23 was his number and for him to start he will have to play the wing

If thats true about Whittacre than Spurger has the power to beat any team in small school ball.Do they have any standout player moving up from Jv?

I know the sharks have one kid that was putting up great numbers on the jv level. He had a great 3 ball. idk his number nor name

And not alot to say about evadales jv beside they was whooping butt and taking names

When Rawles moved up last seson for Spurger he brought 12 to 15 a game with him,he will be

a be a good one to watch this year.Blain and Jerome will help alot,one is a pretty good ball handler and the other

one can knock down the long ball. ย 

:o :o :o

DUNK AT WILL?????

SHOOT THE THREE?????

6'3??????

MUST HAVE PUT SOME HARD TIME IN THIS SUMMER

AND FOR ALL THE QUESTIONS SABINE HAS THERE CENTER

HES LANKY BUT QUICK AND HE WENT TO CAMP THIS SUMMER SO HE SHOULD BE OK

HE JUS NEEDS A LIL BOOST IN CONFIDENCE

Lots of hard work put in this summer by Whittaker.He has his eye on playing

at the next level and he knows he will have to play 2 or 3 if he makes it.

So trust me he has not had a day off since last season.

Over the past 5 years I have had the pleasure of watching both teams develop (SP and Spurger). When I saw George, Chase, and Daniel in JH, I knew they were going to be great players. Spurger has built a program and a tradition of winning. SP has the best team their school has ever had. While we have played well in Nederland (and very thankful for the use of their facility) it is unfortunate that we cannot play and practice at the same gym and play have our own home court. SP likes the friendly rivalry with Spurger.ย  I look forward to seeing some great basketball from both teams. I also believe that 25 1a is not just a two team race, HD is always athletic, and Evadale has a very good coach, good kids that always play hard. Good luck to all 25 1a it will be another exciting season for all of us.

I didn't see anyone at Evadale last year that had the potential to play college basketball.Did this kid play last year?E/C has a good basketball tradition but hasn't been the power since Tramain graduated.They will probably finish 3'rd this year behind Anahuac and Kountze.On the 25-a scene this year barring injuries Spurger will win it.Sabine Pass will be a close second and could make it interesting if Cruthirds moves to the point.

Nah not Cruthirds

He is a good player but his handle are not on the level for pg.

If you watched last year #3 or #25ย  was running things

If Cruthirds start #25 will have to play pg

Nah not Cruthirds

He is a good player but his handle are not on the level for pg.

If you watched last year #3 or #25ย  was running things

If Cruthirds start #25 will have to play pg

Did Cruthirds play V-ball last year if so what # was he?

Cruthirds was the spark of the team. That kid came off the bench with high intensity. He was more of a defensive player. On the other hand there point gaurd doesn't work as hard on defense but moves the ball on offense, also he needs to learn to penetrate with the ball and not make the top his home.

DONT WORRY MR. SCOUTER THIS YEAR WE'LL BE READY

WE ALL HAVE IMPROVED SINCE LAST YEAR AND EVERYBODY WILL BE ON ALL CYLINDERS THIS YEAR

I think the kid who was the PG last year needs to start but I think the Sharks will be a better team with him on the wing.A good club has to have a PG who is a little bit aggressive and on the cocky side and Cruthirds fits that bill.The Sharks have the scorers so they need someone to collapse the defense and dish the ball to the shooters.I watched Sabine Pass last year start slow and then finish with a flurry and that is usually a personality of the club.They can be pretty good but they have to be more aggressive on both ends of the floor.I think they finish 2nd in the district and the 3rd spot will be a toss up.

All i know our starting 5 will stay the same.

If they both start it will take a top scorer out the game...

Cruthirds understand that and he know he is a great deal to our team

Ofcourse i have to go for the Sharks this season. Spurger and Sabine Split in games last year.should be another exciting battle.

Good luck to all teams and lets hope injurys stay at a low

I thought Sabine Pass was returning 4, the tall slender white kid I thought was a senior.If that is the case I would slide the oriental kid to the wing and put the ball in Cruthirds hand to put some pressure on the defense.I'm not campaigning for Cruthirds just giving my opinion on what would make the Sharks better.They will be a playoff team regardless but could go a couple of rounds deep with a couple of adjustments.

All i know our starting 5 will stay the same.

If they both start it will take a top scorer out the game...

Cruthirds understand that and he know he is a great deal to our team

Ofcourse i have to go for the Sharks this season. Spurger and Sabine Split last year in games last year.should be another exciting battle.

Good luck to all teams and lets hope injurys stay at a low

If this is the same kid that Im thinking about,Real aggressive on the D and good on the boards but unless

he worked on it this summer I dont think he has the handles to run the 1 full time. ( JMOP)

Nitro,how many did you lose from your starting 5 from last season?

We lost 1,our post.

So our 2nd string post from last year will now be starting.

Me(wasson#25) Jones#30 Carlos#21 Nguyen#3 are all still there.

Our team will be deeper this year with Cruthirds#23, Gant, Jones, Brown adding in on the action.

Spruger only with the lost of 2?

This is my point exactly.Jones and Carlos both have some size for a 1-a club.They would be my 4 and 5.Wasson,Nguyen and Cruthirds round out your startingย  group and you have your best 5 players on the floor.You won't have a ton of depth on a 1-a club so you have to find a way to keep your better players on the floor.#3 can score and complimentJones and Carlos but all this group needs to be a complete club is someone to put pressure on the "D".I quess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one, best of luck to all the guys in this district this year.I'll definitely come check out these games.Here's my prediction for the upcoming year.

(1) Spurger- They could easily be in the regional tournament this year.

(2) Sabine Pass-Will challenge the pirates and finish a close second.

(3) Hull Daisetta-Will have some pretty good athletes and a solid coach.

(4) Evadale-Folks leaving and some not playing,not a good start for a club trying to get back to the playoffs.

(5) High Island-Not quite enough fire power to compete with the top dogs in this district.

Guest THE SCOUTER

We lost 1,our post.

So our 2nd string post from last year will now be starting.

Me(wasson#25) Jones#30 Carlos#21 Nguyen#3 are all still there.

Our team will be deeper this year with Cruthirds#23, Gant, Jones, Brown adding in on the action.

Spruger only with the lost of 2?

This is my point exactly.Jones and Carlos both have some size for a 1-a club.They would be my 4 and 5.Wasson,Nguyen and Cruthirds round out your startingย  group and you have your best 5 players on the floor.You won't have a ton of depth on a 1-a club so you have to find a way to keep your better players on the floor.#3 can score and complimentJones and Carlos but all this group needs to be a complete club is someone to put pressure on the "D".I quess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one, best of luck to all the guys in this district this year.I'll definitely come check out these games.Here's my prediction for the upcoming year.

(1) Spurger- They could easily be in the regional tournament this year.

(2) Sabine Pass-Will challenge the pirates and finish a close second.

(3) Hull Daisetta-Will have some pretty good athletes and a solid coach.

(4) Evadale-Folks leaving and some not playing,not a good start for a club trying to get back to the playoffs.

(5) High Island-Not quite enough fire power to compete with the top dogs in this district.

Jones and Carlos at 4 and 5? That would be a mistake, none of the two would handle the post. These two are the best two on the team and they need to be shooting the ball. I haven't seen the back up C/PF but I'm sure he could handle it better than Jones and Carlos. If the Sharks are looking for a run and gun year then Cruthirds should be in the mix along with the four. Until then we'll have to wait for the season to come around.

#1Spurger-Solid 5

#2Sabine-Speed

#3Evadale-Great Coach/Size inside

They are the best 2 shooters on the club but they usually shoot the ball from 12 to 15 ft and their are tons of sets you could get the the ball in that area and still have them close enough to rebound the ball as well.If you put a second team post from last year in the starting line up you don't get any better this season and you have one of your top 5 players on the bench.In 1-a basketball you need your best personell on the floor and then their are a playbook full of ways to take advantage of your scorers.

our post players are 6'4 and 6'3. why would we put 6'Jones and 6'1 carlos as our post? and if your sayin these two player score there points from the inside then u must got us confused with another sabine.

I guess so we have to agree to disagree.

Bad new to hear for Evadale losing a 6'6ft post now thats great size for basketball at any level.

Courtside do you know any of the tourney Spurger are in?

I'm not saying they score inside.I'm saying the games I saw them play last year most of their points came at around the 15 ft range.There are tons of sets to get the ball in there hands at that range.The games I saw them play including Spurger and the Normangee playoff game I didn't see a 6'4 post player.I have never believed in playing a position just because of their size.Carlos and Jones seemed to play a 2 man game last year and are both tremendous scorers but I still believe for the Sharks to advance in the playoffs they will need to tweak their lineup.At any rate that's just my opinion good luck to SP this year and to Spurger,I'll definitely be in the stands when you guys play to watch some good basketball.

Jones 25pts a game a few 30+ game

Wasson 18-20pts a game a couple 25pt games

Carlos ย 15-20pts a game a couple 20pt games

Cruthirds 8-10pts a game

Nguyen more assist then points scored some games

Peltier Rebounds and blocks

And you say a 2 man team?

Sorry whsalum you must have the Sharks confused with West Hardin because its a whole team out there ย ;)

oh and by the way 6'4 did play last year.saddly he was in the stands.

Spurger- alot of talent 1-5 but will need to develope a good bench but played alot this summer with only 5-6

Sp-return 4, really well conditioned and a ton of heart

HD-always athletic but not a whole lot of skill

then who knows...

The top player to watch not in order will be

Whittaker-will be the best athlete in the district and has improved skill over the summer

Blankenship-pure scorer that can shoot the ball from deep

McGallion- the truest pg in the district, can make some nasty passes and shoot the ball when needed

Jones-can go all game and play good D, finds ways to score and has an all around game

Big man HD- will be the focus point of that team, big and can make his impact in the paint

Cruthirds 8-10pts a game

Sorry whsalum you must have the Sharks confused with West Hardin because its a whole team out there ย ;)

I didn't say a 2 man team.I was talking about the type sets they ran to get these 2 guys the ball.I wasn't saying they didn't play as a team.I usually watch clubs and try and see what different kinds of things they could do to be better.I just happen to think that this club has a TON of potential that could be used in different ways.If what the Sharks are doing suits you guys that's what you need to keep doing.As far as other clubs in this region Normangee will be good as always and I hear Cayuga is loaded with big time athletes again.

Cruthirds 8-10pts a game

I didn't say a 2 man team.I was talking about the type sets they ran to get these 2 guys the ball.I wasn't saying they didn't play as a team.I usually watch clubs and try and see what different kinds of things they could do to be better.I just happen to think that this club has a TON of potential that could be used in different ways.If what the Sharks are doing suits you guys that's what you need to keep doing.As far as other clubs in this region Normangee will be good as always and I hear Cayuga is loaded with big time athletes again.

Saw Cayuga play this summer....they are loaded.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Tim Erickson from Orangefieldโ€ฆ.
    • Lucky for Orangefield thereโ€™s only 3 games max to play.ย  ย  Someone said they had a pitcher or 2 throw 90โ€™s but I donโ€™t know that for a fact. ย Rumors.ย ย  it appears that Orangefield will see some faster pitchers this round. Generally speaking I havenโ€™t been too impressed with Orangefield opponents pitching. Only pitcher so far that was fast (92 mph) was vs Woodville in first game & Orangefield got several runs off of him.ย  ย  Looking for a good series with no injuries for both teams.ย 
    • Apologies if this is a stupid question, but why would they just not renew his contract for the 24/25 school year if he had multiple write-ups? I know teachers and paraprofessionals don't get their contract renewed if their performance is bad enough - are coaches' contract situations different?
    • โ€œWe have incredible evidence that itโ€™s gain-of-function research again being done in US laboratories.โ€ โ€œ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐›๐ข๐ซ๐ ๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐ฎ ๐ฌ๐œ๐š๐ซ๐ž, ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐ข๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ƒ๐ข๐ฌ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ž ๐—, ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐†๐ฅ๐จ๐›๐š๐ฅ ๐•๐š๐œ๐œ๐ข๐ง๐ž ๐€๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ข๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐ฌ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐ข๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ƒ๐ข๐ฌ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ž ๐— โ€” ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ ๐จ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐จ ๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐จ๐จ๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ฌ๐ž๐œ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ ๐š๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐๐ซ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐š๐ซ ๐ ๐จ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ž๐ฅ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐œ๐ฒ๐œ๐ฅ๐ž.โ€
    • Itโ€™s very difficult to fire an educator. ย Itโ€™s not difficult to reassign them and put them in a situation where theyโ€™re likely to leave on their own. ย Iโ€™m not sure of the legality of exposing an employeeโ€™s work records, but it seems likely itโ€™s not allowed if nothing criminal took place. ย 
  • Topics