Pre-Season Rankings

I am pretty familiar with Barbers Hill, and I am waiting to see how the loss of one of the best setters, Megan, and the best hitter from last season, Dyana, will affect the team.  I am surprised that you would put Dayton up that high.  They finished 4th last year, and lost their best setter, and had a coaching change.  Yes they beat LCM, but wouldn't expect them to beat Barbers Hill, Kingwood Park, or Crosby this year.

I am pretty familiar with Barbers Hill, and I am waiting to see how the loss of one of the best setters, Megan, and the best hitter from last season, Dyana, will affect the team.  I am surprised that you would put Dayton up that high.  They finished 4th last year, and lost their best setter, and had a coaching change.  Yes they beat LCM, but wouldn't expect them to beat Barbers Hill, Kingwood Park, or Crosby this year.

Well it looks like I'm the only one who sent him my opinions and the reason Dayton is there is because I'm really not very familiar with that district outside of Barbers Hill. As far as they go with setters, they will be just fine. If I'm not mistaken (which I could be) they did not lose very many people from the team last year and most of their hitters are coming back. I thought Megan got hurt last year...or was that two years ago?

I would rank them as follows for 3A:

1. Bridge City

2. Huffman-Hargrave

3. Hamshire-Fannett

4. Tankington

5. Orangefield

6. Silsbee

7, Splendora

8. Coldspring

9. WO-S

10 Liberty

Anyone else want to hazard a ranking for the best 10  in 21 & 22 3A?

West Orange?  Are you serious? 

I would rank them as follows for 3A:

1. Bridge City

2. Huffman-Hargrave

3. Hamshire-Fannett

4. Tankington

5. Orangefield

6. Silsbee

7, Splendora

8. Coldspring

9. WO-S

10 Liberty

Anyone else want to hazard a ranking for the best 10  in 21 & 22 3A?

First off...WO-S...should not be on this list and def. not in front of liberty. Your #1 and #2 didn't even make the playoffs last year. Although BC will be good this year. I think it's interesting how you have Huffman, Tarkington, and Splendora so high when they have not went near as deep in the playoffs as 21-3A the past five years. I can give you BC b/c I do think they will be the best but I do think HF should be there b/c how far they went last year. You have to at least show them some respect when they ended the year #8 in the state. No offense, but the top 3 or 4 have to be from 21 3A. Until 22 3A beats them in the playoffs...they shouldn't start in front of them. I am glad someone else made a ranking though...but you don't watch much volleyball do you???

Guest rambleonus

I think Kingwood Park should be ranked in 4A somewhere.  They didn't loose anyone and are alot stronger from last year.  They should give BH a run.  I predicted KP winning 19-4A this year. 

Sorry, to bring this up Zip & Riz but the OH from B-hill "Canon" was the heart and sole of that team. Probably one of the most emotinal leaders of a team that I've ever seen. If she was up the team was up if she was down the team was down. B-hill will suffer greatly from that loss of leadership. As for Dayton, I expect to see them way in front of Crosby after the loss off the Bates twins and OH Nut that team right there will fall way back maybe not even the playoffs.

I haven't seen Warren, but I do know the coaches very well. You can't get any better than Basinger and Kehtel. These women have worked together for years, love the game, and most importantly love kids. I went through Basinger's program as a player, and she is a huge reason of why I went into coaching. I can guarantee you a great team under her leadership!

Love ya, Coach

I think Kingwood Park should be ranked in 4A somewhere.  They didn't loose anyone and are alot stronger from last year.  They should give BH a run.  I predicted KP winning 19-4A this year. 

Hope they do.

Hope they do.

If Larla really doesn't play it could hurt their chances against BH.  I predice BH, KP, Crosby, Dayton.  I have heard that Dayton has struggled in scrimmages.

Larla has commited to just Basketball during the off season. But, with the return of another strong OH that was out last season due to knee surgery I don't see it being much of an issue. KP went threw an offseason as well as every other team in this district and didn't lose any player and the games with BH & KP could have went either way last year. IT WILL BE EXCITING TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS!!!!

Sorry, to bring this up Zip & Riz but the OH from B-hill "Canon" was the heart and sole of that team. Probably one of the most emotinal leaders of a team that I've ever seen. If she was up the team was up if she was down the team was down. B-hill will suffer greatly from that loss of leadership. As for Dayton, I expect to see them way in front of Crosby after the loss off the Bates twins and OH Nut that team right there will fall way back maybe not even the playoffs.

I wonder if Hubby still feels this way after falling to Crosby?

OH Zip, I think it's safe to assume that you must have watched that. If soyou would have noticed a key team member sitting out due to injury. Not to mention, Crosby gave KP everthing they had to win, while KP sputtered in both game 2 & 3. There's still ALOT of fine tuning to do before district starts. Crosby, played a great match I'll give you that but I believe thats as good as it get for them. You, have to know now that all the pressure from match is know sitting on Crosby's shoulders, and all that happened that day was someone threw a can of gas on a fire.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder