WEST HARDIN NEEDS A GAME

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta get in on this. I will say that West Hardin's pre-district this year is actually tougher than it usually is. With that being said, there is no way that they have as tough of pre-district matchups as HD. Look at this this way.

West Hardin toughest game - 2A New Waverly. That's a no brainer. Bad thing is, they will get beat by 50 so I don't know how much it will help, but they will play a very athletic Bulldog team.

Average game - 2A Warren. The Warriors are coming off an unimpressive 2-8 season and return only 5 starters on each side of the ball. Warren's two wins last season came at the hands of winless 0-10 Trinity and... sorry to say West Hardin. HD did play Warren after the Kountze game was rearrange due to the hurricane, and HD beat Warren 32-6.

Weakest game - Bridge City JV. Bottom line is, its a junior varsity team. It's not WOS or Barber's Hill, it's average 3A Bridge City's JV. At Bridge City, if you're a sophomore who can play, you will be on varsity, botttom line. They will be playing against leftover sophs and freshman, and that's the truth.

On the filp side:

HD's toughest game - 2A Hardin. The Hornets are coming off a district runner up playoff run. They return 9 defensive starters as well as their star RB, starting QB, and top 2 WR's. This is the same Hornet team that lost in the playoffs to.... New Waverly. They could easily be better than New Waverly this year. Hardin had quality wins over Buna, East Chambers and Hemphill. Hull-Daisetta defeated Hardin in the season opener last season.

HD's average game - 1A Tenaha. Tenaha is coming off an 8-3 playoff season. They lost to state runner up Cayuga in the playoffs 18-16. Losing to a state finalist in the playoffs by 2 points is pretty impressive in my book. They return several starters including their starting QB and several key weapons.

HD's Weakest game - 2A Kountze. Kountze is coming off a winning season at the 2A level that produced quality wins over district runner up Hardin by 20 points and 1A district champ Evadale by 25. I'll go ahead and throw it out there that Kountze also beat Warren by 3 TD's, and also beat Bridge City's VARSITY team last year.

If you really look at this breakdown, you can see that HD's schedule is much tougher than West Hardin. Just breaking it down in my opinion.

Great post HD9. Good facts. I predict WH does not even make the playoffs this year. Man playing a JV is embarrassing !!! WH can play my pee-wee team if they want !!! I believe Chester and Colmesneil will challenge WH this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124