WEST HARDIN NEEDS A GAME

I wanna disagree with that, WH is known for scheduling jv teams, this game is to replace another jv team. They've always scheduled smaller schools and jv's when they were 2a too

this is wrong WH has only played JV's the last few years and what is the difference in WH playing 3a public schools JV's when HD schedules small private schools every year? and Who cares if they played JV teams those years that they played JV teams they beat HD so you cant hate on thier schedule it seems to get them in the playoffs the last 7 years

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last few years? They've been doing it since '02-'03 I know for sure, in '03 they scheduled all weak 1a schools (when they were 2a) and jv teams, so they could come into district undefeated, they were undefeated until they came to our house and we shut them down! All I am saying is schedule an actual varsity, even if it is a weak school since that's what ya'll schedule but at least it will be a varsity....

i know for a fact that in 02, 03, 04, 05, WH did not play a weak 1A unless you count evadale or a private school for preseason. but aside from that would you rather play WOS JV or BH JV who are better teams with better athletes than those teams that HD schedules like galveston oconnel or danbury who are terrible teams

And I would have to call bull crap!  You base your post on what?

HD:                                    

Hardin - 2A --- Not even in top 15 in their Region                        

Tenaha - 1A -- Ranked 12th in Region, Evadale 13th & WH is 14th --- No HD on that list ;D                      

Kountze - 2A -- Not even in top 15 in their Region                      

WH:

Warren - 2A -------------- Not even in top 15 in their Region                      

Bridge City JV - 3A -------- Bigger the school, more the talent is what common sense tells me

New Waverly - 2A (10-1) -- Ranked 26th in State, only loss was in 3rd round of playoffs

Looking at these comparisons, how can you say WH doesn't play schools with talent and H-D does.  Ya'll are playing 1 good team that's in the same class!  Our 1 good game is at least a class up.  I'd bet you a dollar that BC's JV team has a lot players on the sideline than we'll have.

Nothing but a hater!!!

Guest Burkeville Chronicle

Big Mo is a good guy....this district will prob come down to WH, HD, and Evadale this year...like has been for the last few years...going to be fun to watch.

I'd have to give the edge to Joharr on this one...   ;D

What's up BIGMO, seems like it's been about a year since we last talked.  :D

Not much Joharr...sweatin down at these daytime scrimmages  :P  Good luck to you guys and hope you win all but one of em... ;D

I'd have to give the edge to Joharr on this one...   ;D

What's up BIGMO, seems like it's been about a year since we last talked.  :D

Not much Joharr...sweatin down at these daytime scrimmages  :P  Good luck to you guys and hope you win all but one of em... ;D

I know what you mean, expect I've been sweating at the plant; at least your watching some football!  :'(

I'd be embarrassed to play a sophomore team! You don't gain anything from it, if you lose then you will never hear the end of it and if they win no big deal because a varsity team should beat a sophomore team! That's sad but WH is infamous for scheduling a WEAK preseason. They love coming into district undefeated

I have to agree with you on this one.

Guest ECBucFan

HD:                                    

Hardin - 2A                         

Tenaha - 1A                      

Kountze - 2A                      

WH:

Warren - 2A                    

Bridge City JV 3A

New Waverly - 2A

These schedules look pretty much even to me. Look at them this way:

Toughest game:  HD has Hardin,      WH has New Waverly...      (WH has the toughest opponent, by far)

Average game:    HD has 1A Tenaha, WH has 2A Warren            (Teneha better, but 1A. Warren might be improving)

Easier game:      HD has Kountze      WH has BC JV                  (HD has tougher opponent)

So, as I see it, WH has the toughest game, and the easiest game. HD has a more evened out schedule. All in all, pretty equal. I wouldn't criticize either line up. Both will be good to have. This is an unbiased opinion, and I know the 2A and 1A teams pretty well. 

I gotta get in on this. I will say that West Hardin's pre-district this year is actually tougher than it usually is. With that being said, there is no way that they have as tough of pre-district matchups as HD. Look at this this way.

West Hardin toughest game - 2A New Waverly. That's a no brainer. Bad thing is, they will get beat by 50 so I don't know how much it will help, but they will play a very athletic Bulldog team.

Average game - 2A Warren. The Warriors are coming off an unimpressive 2-8 season and return only 5 starters on each side of the ball. Warren's two wins last season came at the hands of winless 0-10 Trinity and... sorry to say West Hardin. HD did play Warren after the Kountze game was rearrange due to the hurricane, and HD beat Warren 32-6.

Weakest game - Bridge City JV. Bottom line is, its a junior varsity team. It's not WOS or Barber's Hill, it's average 3A Bridge City's JV. At Bridge City, if you're a sophomore who can play, you will be on varsity, botttom line. They will be playing against leftover sophs and freshman, and that's the truth.

On the filp side:

HD's toughest game - 2A Hardin. The Hornets are coming off a district runner up playoff run. They return 9 defensive starters as well as their star RB, starting QB, and top 2 WR's. This is the same Hornet team that lost in the playoffs to.... New Waverly. They could easily be better than New Waverly this year. Hardin had quality wins over Buna, East Chambers and Hemphill. Hull-Daisetta defeated Hardin in the season opener last season.

HD's average game - 1A Tenaha. Tenaha is coming off an 8-3 playoff season. They lost to state runner up Cayuga in the playoffs 18-16. Losing to a state finalist in the playoffs by 2 points is pretty impressive in my book. They return several starters including their starting QB and several key weapons.

HD's Weakest game - 2A Kountze. Kountze is coming off a winning season at the 2A level that produced quality wins over district runner up Hardin by 20 points and 1A district champ Evadale by 25. I'll go ahead and throw it out there that Kountze also beat Warren by 3 TD's, and also beat Bridge City's VARSITY team last year.

If you really look at this breakdown, you can see that HD's schedule is much tougher than West Hardin. Just breaking it down in my opinion.

i know for a fact that in 02, 03, 04, 05, WH did not play a weak 1A unless you count evadale or a private school for preseason. but aside from that would you rather play WOS JV or BH JV who are better teams with better athletes than those teams that HD schedules like galveston oconnel or danbury who are terrible teams

Evadale = "weak"? 

Guest ECBucFan

HD9, just some further thoughts:

I don't think WH loses by 50 to NW. Loses yes, by 50? Possible but probably not. We'll see.

Warren supposedly got one of Kountzes better players (a skill guy) transferred in. Warren might be improved.

I agree 100% with the BC-JV statement. Wasn't this a "fill in" game though? Regardless, very easy night for WH.

Hardin is good, but not NW good, IMO. Hardin barely beat EC, and beating Buna and HH were good but not great wins.

Tenaha is really good for 1A, but depth and numbers are a problem for them.

Kountze might be better than people think. But a skill player was lost, and new coach & program might need time to learn.

Both sides in this has make good points. Good discussion, and again I am unbiased between these teams. I just like 1A & 2A "small ball". Good luck to all. 

the reason WH has scheduled a  weaker team in pre district these last few years is for many different reasons and they are pretty good reasons in my openion.

1. WH doesn't have many players. they have about 8 guys that go both ways. so they get beat up and bruised if they play a tough team every week. by the time district starts their main players are so banged up they are not 100% so it gives them a week to play a quarter or a half and get some rest for thier key guys.

2. the second reason is WH hasn't had a JV in a few years so those freshman and sophomores don't get very much playing time during district so it gives those guys a chance to play and get some experience which is much needed ask evadale having a JV has helped them tremendously.

so ill be the first to tell you yes they have 1 weak pre season game a year but the other teams that they schedule for pre season are good match ups to prepare them for their district.

HD:                                    

Hardin - 2A                         

Tenaha - 1A                      

Kountze - 2A                      

WH:

Warren - 2A                    

Bridge City JV 3A

New Waverly - 2A

Toughest game:  HD has Hardin,       WH has New Waverly...       (WH has the toughest opponent, by far)

Average game:    HD has 1A Tenaha, WH has 2A Warren             (Teneha better, but 1A. Warren might be improving)

Easier game:       HD has Kountze      WH has BC JV                   (HD has tougher opponent)

So, as I see it, WH has the toughest game, and the easiest game. HD has a more evened out schedule. All in all, pretty equal. I wouldn't criticize either line up. Both will be good to have. This is an unbiased opinion, and I know the 2A and 1A teams pretty well.   

After the last thrashing Hornets gave the Oilers the dropped us like a hot rock, Jordan, Stelly, Snook could have dropped a 100,  Stelly didn't even play the second half.  Daisetta the better team by far between the the 2.  Coach Slack know's to play tough opponents to get ready for district and HD always has some great athletes.  Why would you play someones JV or Freshman or whatever makes no sense.

WH is down big time from what they were 4 years ago but so is every team in the district same goes for the 2A district now that is the only reason hardin is doing anything back in 04 when the district was good as a whole hardin was where they would be this year in 4th place watching the playoffs and i dont understand why guys from hardin are on here talking smack about weak schedules if you want to talk about weak pre district schedules hasnt Hardin played 1A teams like WH and HD  every year in pre district?

Guest ECBucFan

HD:                                    

Hardin - 2A                         

Tenaha - 1A                      

Kountze - 2A                      

WH:

Warren - 2A                    

Bridge City JV 3A

New Waverly - 2A

Toughest game:  HD has Hardin,       WH has New Waverly...       (WH has the toughest opponent, by far)

Average game:    HD has 1A Tenaha, WH has 2A Warren             (Teneha better, but 1A. Warren might be improving)

Easier game:       HD has Kountze      WH has BC JV                   (HD has tougher opponent)

After the last thrashing Hornets gave the Oilers the dropped us like a hot rock, Jordan, Stelly, Snook could have dropped a 100,  Stelly didn't even play the second half.  Daisetta the better team by far between the the 2.  Coach Slack know's to play tough opponents to get ready for district and HD always has some great athletes.  Why would you play someones JV or Freshman or whatever makes no sense.

That last paragraph got inadvertently blended in as my comments, but no problem, I am just clarifying this. If I am understanding this, the BC JV was a fill in game for WH. The BH sophs withdrew. I applaud the BC JV for stepping up, and glad WH is able to step out on the field instead of flat out missing a game. Works out for all.  :) 

New Waverly is one of the best 2A teams in the state

i agree but i don't understand why they aren't always one of the top teams in the state year in and year out they always have the athletes to compete with the best teams in the state, whats the deal is it coaching?, work ethic? it puzzles me why they aren't better than they are

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124