Kirbyville will be dangerous in 2009!

They won't run that district they had great year last year but Newton will be back on top soon.

newton wont be on top of nothin this year and the game is in kirbyville this way we dont have to travel to  beat them down

There's going to be a beat down alright, it is going to be in K'ville alright, but it isn't going to be the Eagles getting beat. Just remember that Your Cats did make it all the way to the Big Rodeo last year, But Couldn't Ride The Mule.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whose going to be your quaterback?

Last I heard it's between Cucancic, Jones, or Vanya.

at practice they are using cucancic more than anyone

vanya is also a very good quarterback but jones is out of the question he will be backup tight end

I figured that he would have the upper hand on the job this summer.

I could tell when Vanya was an 8th grader he would be a good QB...he's a soph. right?  Cucancic just seems to have the upper hand with the experience.

KV beat BH 2 years in a row in the playoffs (3A).  Best game by far was Drew Hazlewoods last second field goal to give KV the lead.  Had to be a very tough loss for BH.

93 yard drive in 1:10 to win the game!  The best HS game I have witnessed and the FG was to win the game...miss it and it would've been over for K-ville.  Lil brother Aaron was the holder on that FG...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FreshmanPhenom#17

They won't run that district they had great year last year but Newton will be back on top soon.

newton wont be on top of nothin this year and the game is in kirbyville this way we dont have to travel to  beat them down

There's going to be a beat down alright, it is going to be in K'ville alright, but it isn't going to be the Eagles getting beat. Just remember that Your Cats did make it all the way to the Big Rodeo last year, But Couldn't Ride The Mule.

you will see least we made to the big rodeo unlike newton cant even get past dangerfield

I guess dynasty means different things to different people. Comparing K'ville to WO Stark is laughable. Compare state titles won, district championships won, district games won, number of players signed to D1 scholarships, number of players played in NFL, etc. Kirbyville's program compared to Newton's is not even close. Last year was the only year Kirbyville had ever advanced to a state championship game and lost. This years team may be good, but talk dynasty after coming out as State Champions more than once. :)

the past is the past like jack alverez would say thats all i got to say bout that and we are the power house of are district no doubt

Guest rykerx144

Newton has continuesly put together winning seasons with years of playoff achievements and several state titles.  There is no doubt that Newton has a sign that sits in front of the school listing years of playoff appearances and state titles.  There is no doubt that Newton has the bragging rights and has every right to say they have for years beat up on the wildcats.  According to the history section Newton pretty much dominated them for the past thirty year, However, there was a break where you did not play Kirbyville for a few years and that's when they hired the new coaches and built up what has turned out to be a winning programs since then.  I realize we are talking about the past maybe five years compared to the past thirty years but that still does not change the fact that since that time you have not been successful in beating the WILDCATS.  Newton has however continued to advance in the playoffs and has been having problems getting past the always tough Daingerfield Tigers.  Sounds to me that no matter how good Ur sign looks in front of the school you have had a little problems with the cats lately.  Kirbyville found a way to forget about the past and discovered a way to deal with the Eagles, so i suggest y'all forget about the past and start thinking of a way to deal with the cats (Wildcats and Tigers) and let Kirbyville worry about dealing with the MULES.

I agree Rykerx144, Kirbyville is the powerhouse in our district until Newton can knock them off. According to the history section, Newton dominated Kirbyville more in the 90's. They haven't always beat Kirbyvillle, we have dominated them in the past as well. I respect their program, but this year will tell how much success we have gained under coach Alvarez considering we in a "rebuilding year". Last but not least, those Eagles better buckle 'em up tight because we'll be ready!!

Just because yall got blew out twice in a season by the Eagles doesn't mean you have to join their bandwagon. If Kirbyville played the bucs, we would destroy them as well!!!

So because they beat us I'm joining the bandwagon? Lmao are you twelve or what?

Newton has continuesly put together winning seasons with years of playoff achievements and several state titles.  There is no doubt that Newton has a sign that sits in front of the school listing years of playoff appearances and state titles.  There is no doubt that Newton has the bragging rights and has every right to say they have for years beat up on the wildcats.  According to the history section Newton pretty much dominated them for the past thirty year, However, there was a break where you did not play Kirbyville for a few years and that's when they hired the new coaches and built up what has turned out to be a winning programs since then.  I realize we are talking about the past maybe five years compared to the past thirty years but that still does not change the fact that since that time you have not been successful in beating the WILDCATS.  Newton has however continued to advance in the playoffs and has been having problems getting past the always tough Daingerfield Tigers.  Sounds to me that no matter how good Ur sign looks in front of the school you have had a little problems with the cats lately.  Kirbyville found a way to forget about the past and discovered a way to deal with the Eagles, so i suggest y'all forget about the past and start thinking of a way to deal with the cats (Wildcats and Tigers) and let Kirbyville worry about dealing with the MULES.

Forgetting about 15 straight losses must have been tough to do, 7 of which were by shutout, I don't blame you for trying. You had to bring up the Eagles terrible record with Daingerfield, didn't ya. Played Daingerfield twice,1 win in '98 for a State Title and '08 was a 4th round loss by 3 points. Maybe when the Cats win 14 more games in a row against the Eagles, Go into the playoffs the next 10 straight years, to match the Eagles 15 straight: Run your 18 rounds of playoffs since '88 up to 55 rounds to match the Eagles, and Win a 3-A State Title and Win a 2-A State Title, to bring Your total to 3, then the Eagles will need to forget that they have had a little problem with the Cats lately. 1 loss in 16 games is a, like You said, little problem. Wait Until You've Done Something To Brag About, Before Bragging. In other words Ride the Mule. There is no question that the Cats program is much improved, but don't act like the Big Dog on the porch just yet, show some real staying power first.

you will see least we made to the big rodeo unlike newton cant even get past dangerfield

Eagles versus Daingerfield, 1 and 1 with 1 State Title; Wildcats versus Muleshoe 0 and 1 with No State Title. What else ya got?

Dude I dont blame ya! Thats what I would do too if the future didnt look so good!  I would just live in the past!!!!!

I am present in the Here and Now, and from what I've seen of the Eagles so far this year, that is the perfect place to be.  The Eagles past is a snapshot of their future, decades with a tradition of success, leads to more success in the present, as well as in the future. Eagles Soar, while Cats are an Earth Bound Creatures. Like I said, Show Some Staying Power First, Or better yet, Show Some Get There Power First, then the Bragging. Have A Nice Day and Be Sure To Write.

Guest EagleFan01

Hey Newtonjb don't worry about rykerx he doesn't even how to spell or pronounce his new defensive coach's name. Remember rykerx its Johnston not Johnson ok... ;D

Also, Kirbyville will never live up to the tradition that is the Newton Eagles. Kirbyville doesn't even have the tradition that Burkeville or Jasper has. Like Newtonjb said when you kittly cats can run off 15 straight playoff apperances and win a couple state titles, and possible win alot more district titles then you guys can talk. Until then keep your mouth shut and let the players on the field do the talking.

Easy thur Eagle fans, you guys have bragging rights. Kirbyville have some playmakers for years to come so lets wait until after 10 pm on Nov. 6 for the noise talkin.

Cats need to play the 9 other games on the schedule before worrying about November 6th, or don't they matter. I'll bet you Diboll, Jasper, WO-S, Liberty, Hardin Jefferson, Shelbyville, Hemphill, Woodville, and San Augustine think they do. Don't overlook anyone, the Bullseye, after all, is on the Cats backs. K'ville's world is full of teams just itching to knock ya'll off. Good Luck

kirbyville is a really fine football team . i believe they will be the team to beat . after watching the silsbee

scrimage,i truly think they can go a long way AGAIN this year. solid defense & a really good offense,

these guys have some quality kids & some good coaches, ah kville ,keep your coaches. as for as newton,

they will always be at the top ,by themselves or sharing it with kville, i think those wild cats will jump

off the ground & bite those eagles in tha *&%&$* again this year. no dicing you eagles , my wife & inlaws    ;D

r from newton. ive watched those lumberton raiders play some fine teams over the last couple of years

& they have done well, & i can see some of those good athletes this year at kirbyville,yes wildcats will

be tough this year I think really tough. newton will be starring those guys right in the face. good luck to

you guys this year, go eagles ,go wildcats

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83