Tarkington

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stilljacked

I hope the kids win some games as well, but you can't fault a school for putting more resources towards academics than athletics.  Were the coaches that left varsity coaches or could there duties be filled by those already on the staff?  It sucks that they didn't get replaced and I wish that you guys could pay Bill Parcels to come coach your kids, but it's tough all over.  On the bright side, maybe you guys could qualify for some obama-bucks and revitalize the prairie, then you could have all the coaches you want.  Best of luck.

I'm not quite sure what this guy doesn't understand.  He keeps talking about admin putting more resources into acedemics than athletics.  I hope any school does that...what PLAYA is commenting about is the fact that the sup has neglected to merely replace the VARSITY coaches that resigned during the spring.  The entire community knew those guys weren't coming back so it wasn't like they resigned abruptly and put administration in a bind.  To my knowledge both of their resignations came in April.  This wasn't an academic matter, it was an athletic issue.  An athletic issue that the sup failed to help Carr resolve.  I'm sure Carr simply couldn't trust the word of his administrator plain and simple.  That negligence now puts the new head coach in a bind because he's short staffed!!!  Best of luck to the new head coach and to the longhorns!!!

This is funny. Im going to agree with playa on this one. But I will say this. Does it matter? I mean playa is right. Nobody gets fired there. I think ppl just leave there? Look, its SETX, every school wants to be good at football. Tarkington is pretty much good at everything but football. This might be a problem for most coaches. I know, at least at my highschool, everyone coaches football. Then the other sports second. I feel like coaches over there just get tired of losing football games.  They need to transfer imphasis off of football and invest in things theyre good at. Ya know, everything else. Baseball, softball, volleyball, TRACK.

Gorilla nice to see you on here. you crack me up, lol dayton was horrible in 96. hardin got turf. lmao

Gorilla has a axe to grind with TISD and not sure what it is. Think he got canned or is a middle skewl c coach that is trying to make a move.  ???

If you aren't sure what his axe is, then why call him out?

He has been dead on with everything he has posted (don't know about the Dayton part, and don't really care).

I think you would be surprised to know how well he has done after his time at TISD.

Ok is this about the career of Gorilla or the kids of Tarkington? Good to hear about the new HC and good luck to Horns.

no axes.

would like to see some admin that cared as much as I did.

And no I didnt have to leave t-town to be a success.

if you knew me you would know that.

I am 100% behind coach carpenter. I hope they give

him the support they deserve.

and Dayton is still terrible in 95 so you must be terrible too!

Guest falcons93

If you aren't sure what his axe is, then why call him out?

He has been dead on with everything he has posted (don't know about the Dayton part, and don't really care).

I think you would be surprised to know how well he has done after his time at TISD.

are you and go-rilla like funny on each other? go-rilla if you are that impressed with yourself and your boyfriend are impressed ever think about marriage? we don't care about your career path got it? we care about the kids of tarkington and the coaches. i happen to be friends of the supid of tarkington and he does care about the kids. so get over it cause you did not discover America and not the only show in town.  you think a little to much about yourself and so does your boyfriend.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83