Top 25 for 09-10

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Schrapps isn't on the list than that would mean Dionte Fourney shouldnt be on the list either. They were clearly on the same level when they played against each other in the Nederland Summer league. I'm sure Coach English would agree with that.

Oh so let me get this straight Kelly can't win without it's Port Arthur players? I do believe it was Matthew Falgout who led the team in scoring during District....He attended St. Anne's. The team that beat West Brook, which happened to be the last time to the two teams have played, featured Ryan Zummo, Jude Messina, Taylor Mullenax....who all attended St. Anne's. So don't give me this Kelly only wins with their Port Arthur kids garbage. Last I checked the leading scorers in the history of the program were all home grown talent.

So Kelly will do just about as good as any team can that is replacing 11 players and will most likely start three sophomores.

If they are so much at the same level. why is Schrapps already not top 25 and Forney Is. I don't understand what your going with this but there was only one player that nagged top 25 from Kelly this past year and it was not Schrapps since he is the same as Forney. I guess you expect 3 or 4 kids in the Topp 25 on this year's club.

If they are so much at the same level. why is Schrapps already not top 25 and Forney Is. I don't understand what your going with this but there was only one player that nagged top 25 from Kelly this past year and it was not Schrapps since he is the same as Forney. I guess you expect 3 or 4 kids in the Topp 25 on this year's club.

Well let's see maybe because the list came out at the beginning of the year, when I myself didn't expect him to become a starter for Kelly, he did start though at of position for Kelly and contributed. . You are basing everything of last year's list, . I am talking about the upcoming list. Are you reading my comments at all? Have I said I thought anyone else from Kelly should be on the list? I seem to remember pointing out that Schrapps is not just Kelly's only returning starter...He's our only returning letterman. So I don't see how it would even be possible to have anyone else on the list.

Why can you support your Hj Players Lazeek but when I come on here campaigning for a Kelly player it's not okay. I'm not saying that we should have multiple player's ranked. Not by a longshot. I'm just saying that based on last year's list and the fact that Kelly had one player on it, I think the same should be true this year.

I'm 5'11 lets just say 6ft :D and guarded Schrapps in Nederland and we(Sabine)won.I'm sure Forney would have taken advantage of the mismatch if given.

Not tryin to down size him but maybe his success came from the 3 seniors that are no longer there.I'm sure defense we're more focus on stopping Roman and Ej than stopping Schrapps

If he will only be a sophomore then i bend my hat to him

But like wine players get better within time  ;)

I was at the summer league game you are referring to and our focus the entire summer league was working with our post players, Ivan Boudreaux and Alfredo Ledet. If your so sure about what Forney did why don't you ask him and the other Nederland players what they think of his ability. By the way you said you guarded him, you didnt say you stopped him. We have an open date January 19th if you'd like to talk to your Coach about playing us again, wed be glad to oblige.  ::) ::)

Why can you support your Hj Players Lazeek but when I come on here campaigning for a Kelly player it's not okay. I'm not saying that we should have multiple player's ranked. Not by a longshot. I'm just saying that based on last year's list and the fact that Kelly had one player on it, I think the same should be true this year.

I will always back my HJ players........

I have seen him play and he is a good player and may not start the season in the Top 25, but believe he will be there when the season is over.

Guest spinks

Dont know anything about this  kid from kelly but just because kelly had one kid on the team last years has NOTHING to do with this year.  HJ would have had 3 on the final list.  They will do good to have 2 on the list this year and probably only one.  Last years list has ZERO to do with this years.

I'm not saying that because Kelly had a player ranked last year it should be the same this year. I am saying that it would be an honor for our program to have a player ranked as one of the best in the area. I said a player because right now I think that's all we deserve.

I'm just doing the same as you are Lazeek, trying to support the Kelly program, but it's a much lonelier job.  :-\

Still not sold on Turner.  Last year he was third player and more people focused on the other 2.  What I have observed so far with him being HJ go to player is not that great.  I agree he is good defensive player and would put him top 25 but not overall player.  He will have to beat top players from other team this year instead of other defenders and just don't think he has that skill set.  He will get his points of steals etc but not as much in half court game.

Guest spinks

Still not sold on Turner.  Last year he was third player and more people focused on the other 2.  What I have observed so far with him being HJ go to player is not that great.  I agree he is good defensive player and would put him top 25 but not overall player.  He will have to beat top players from other team this year instead of other defenders and just don't think he has that skill set.  He will get his points of steals etc but not as much in half court game.

Wildcatter.  What part of OVERALL do you not get?  There is not a team in this area that this kid would not start on.  Just because he is not a great scorer in the half court game does not mean he is not top 25 overall.  It is not even close.  He is a top 10 player in this area.  His defense is ridiculous and he finishes at the rim as good as anyone.  If he gets open shots he can hit them.  This kid would be top 25 in this area if he did not have fingers because his defense is so good.  He could literally be non existent on offense and coaches in this area would kill to have him. 

Guest spinks

I did not say that did I.  All I said is you had to find a way to make something negative when it doesn't involve you.  I simply was not shocked!

Guest spinks

Absolutely! 

So my statement about you constantly being negative towards things unless they have to do with you is correct right?

I was at the summer league game you are referring to and our focus the entire summer league was working with our post players, Ivan Boudreaux and Alfredo Ledet. If your so sure about what Forney did why don't you ask him and the other Nederland players what they think of his ability. By the way you said you guarded him, you didnt say you stopped him. We have an open date January 19th if you'd like to talk to your Coach about playing us again, wed be glad to oblige.  ::) ::)

Ofcouse i stopped him that's the point of me saying i guarded him...

We(sabine) have no problem beating a big private school...Again I'll make us look great

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa