Best 2 A Days Memory?

Guest Lions

Yeah HD we called it shotgun alley,and we got to do it as a reward for a good practice. I remember 3hr practices, no water and only a cup of a gatoraide solution at the mid practice break that was so full of salt you could hardly drink it. Cotton mouth so bad we would suck the sweat out of our jerseys to get some moisture in our mouths. Yeah fond memories. 8)

Guest Ranger83

The best part of two-a-days in 1982, was going to the San Jacinto Mall between practices and watching Fast Times at Ridgemont High every day. Other than that, it was a grind! But there is not a football season that goes by that I do not wish I was 17 and could do it again.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lions

I think the best part of 2-a-days was always the first day of full pads and the first bit of "blood alley"...well actually everytime we done blood alley was fun!

3 on 3 in the Alley!

Bear crawls in wet stinging grass and rolling through ant beds.  Eating a big bowl of tuna salad for lunch and puking during the afternoon practice. Hearing the coaches yell and scream at the second and third string guys until someone would quit. Having water withheld as punishment...those were the days.  And not to be forgotten, watching the coach lock one side of the blocking sled so the fat kid would have to push it around in circles.

Guest pirates

1980, my first year at Lamar. The area was in a huge heat wave, kinda like this year.  I remember the trainers walking around squirting water down our backs and handing out pop cycles. During 2 A days we would watch the clouds part just before they would reach the practice field. Could never get them to hang out over the practice field.

Get this, these guys are getting old. lol

Mike Long and Matt Burnett were student assistant coaches at Lamar then....

There was a guy who kept cramping up during the morning practice and one of the coaches told him that the potassium in bananas might help.  Well, he came back that afternoon and started cramping up again and the coach asked him if he had tried the bananas. He said yes sir, I rubbed them all over my legs but they arent working. Good thing we didn't have a very complicated playbook that year!

Most posts sound like bad instead of best.All we had was water-salt tablets-and Qwik was a van-choc-strawberry milk mix we had at home.My best 2 A Days memory was the 2 days -3 coaches were ill from  eating bad food somewhere and we had a fun practice for a change.My worst-Smitty gave me Ben Gay instead of Desitin for heat rash :o

Maybe those ice baths after lifting and a long practice, sit in there for right at 5 minutes once trying to break a "record". After a minute you're numb anyways, but I was shivering walking out of the fieldhouse in 100 heat, and shivered til the next practice, could not have been good ;) lol

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder