Lumberton or Cleveland?? WHO WINS??

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dunno about that one man people said the same thing about dishon how we werent gonna be able to contain him but we did alright with it' date=' it wasnt great but we did enough to stop them from winning, and im predicting the same thing with mosley but most likely alot tuffer then[/quote']

Dishon did enough to win the game, by himself. The reason we lost was blown pass coverage for a touchdown with 3:00 minutes left. We found a way to answer every threat you made, on every series, to stay in the game. So don't get your being able to contain one player confused with our bad pass coverage! They are 2 different things. And when you run up against a coaching staff who will spread the ball around and NOT rely on one player, you'll be in trouble!

Again, as posted elsewhere, your team has made GREAT STRIDES, and I am gladly willing to ackowledge that - Don't take this post as sour grapes!

I agree with the comment about looking ahead to a future game. Lumberton needs to worry about Cleveland this week and Nederland when the game comes up.

As far as a "One Player" team like BC and Nederland, last I checked, team means more than one player. Dishon was literally picking himself off the ground holding just about every body part at one time or another. Its great for a team to have one or two studs on their team, but when you have only one on your team, what do you think the opposing team is going to do?? DUH!!!!! Their going to make the other ten players on the field earn it.

Again, Lumberton better not get ahead of themselves. One game at a time boys.

Seeriously now????? Do you guys actually think that the BC team will be as good without their Stud athlete at QB? Surely you dont think that they would. It was a great game and their kids played descent but without Dishon they may not have scored a single TD. I f i may recall Lumberton WRs got behind their DBs on more than one occasion, not just at the end of the game.

As for a team with one great athlete, we all know that that player may the difference maker for that team. I do not feel that ONE man makes up a team but I do believe that if you can contain that stud player then the chances of beating that team are increased 10 fold.

In the case of BC, contain Dishon=a win. .

You Lumberton fans are just crazy!!! lol. You'd think you guys jsut took down Brenham by all the smack you all talk. I think it is great, however, that Lumberton is building some solid school pride over there. There is no doubt that 5 to 10 years from now, Lumberton will be right in the thick of things in this 4A district.

Today, though:

Nederland, even without Mosley, is FAR better than BC. With him in there, Nederland takes the game 42-14, because the L-town tacklers wont be able to handle him and that big O-Line., and the Defense is much better than BC's.

(And yes, you can LOOK FORWARD TO THE NEXT GAME AS A FAN! That one game at a time thing is for the coaches and players.)

You Lumberton fans are just crazy!!! lol. You'd think you guys jsut took down Brenham by all the smack you all talk.

Nederland' date=' even without Mosley, is FAR better than BC. With him in there, Nederland takes the game 42-14, because the L-town tacklers wont be able to handle him and that big O-Line., and the Defense is much better than BC's.

(And yes, you can LOOK FORWARD TO THE NEXT GAME AS A FAN! That one game at a time thing is for the coaches and players.)[/quote']

First off ( AGAIN ), where is the smack talk?? No one from Lumberton has done any smack talk, unless talking the real facts about what went on at the Lumberton/BC game and how a one STUD team can be shut down, is smack talk.

Lumberton vs. Nederland is the last game of the year for L-Town. Alot can happen in seven weeks. A stud player could get injured, be ineligable to play, etc.. The bottom line is........ it don't matter if Lumberton beats BC, Nederland or the local pop warner team, ya'll are still gonna bash us. Either we won because the team sucked, or they only have one real good player. If we beat Cleveland this coming friday, what will the excuses be then?? Go ahead and think them up now. Maybe, they had their helmets on sideways, forgot their cleats, etc..

I do agree that the FANS can look ahead to a certain game, but I guarantee you that coach has got these boys focused on Cleveland and only Cleveland. As far as so called smack talk, it starts when certain individuals from other schools and towns come on here and bash us. What should we do, sit here and clap for crap that is said?? I THINK NOT!!!!! :evil:

Have a Great Day!!!!!

Don't Hate The Players, Hate The Game :D

I seem to recall seeing a few posts saying that Lumberton would shut down Mosley like they did to Dishon. This is what we sometimes refer to as "smack talk". Now, there is nothing wrong with talking smack at all. It is what keep these boards interesting.

Now, you can take the comments made as bashing. I think it is mearly a reality check. Lumberton has beated two teams they were expected to beat. They should beat Cleveland handily this week. Lumberton has a good team. I know that everyone in the area feels they are improved. But they have yet make a move to indicate that they are ready for the big 5 in their district.

This is just a really, really, really tough 4A group. I'd love to see Lumberton in the mix at the end of things. I think they will scare a few, as will Vidor. (sorry LCM fans, just dont think you guys have it this year.)

The cool thing is, all of this is just speculation. In the end, it is all told on the football field, and what us arm chair quarterbacks, wannabe coaches thinks will mean very little.

im saying lumberton wins in a shut-out 42-0 maybe not that high but it will be a shut-out win, the raiders defense will swarm the indians and im say darby chilik comes out with double digit tackles again, by the way im just wondering who has the most tackles in setx my buddy chilik has 21 after only two games, thats pretty darn good in my eyes

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami