Lashley calls out Lesnar

BOBBY LASHLEY claims he is the man who can end Brock Lesnar's dominance of the UFC heavyweight division.

The former WWE superstar has signed a deal with rival wrestling outfit TNA which allows him to compete in MMA while under contract with the firm.

And the 33-year-old reckons he has what it takes to dethrone Lesnar as king of the UFC's 265lbs division.

Lashley said: "I've seen Brock fight and I think he is a great champion.

"I'm not going to say anything bad about Brock because he is the champion.

"But my sights are set on him and I'm not saying that I want to fight him because he is 'the wrestling guy'.

"I am saying that because I am a heavyweight fighter and he's the heavyweight champ.

"Eventually, I do want to fight Brock for that title. I want to fight Brock and I do have a game plan to beat him."

Lashley also revealed his decision to compete in pro-wrestling and MMA simultaneously is because of his strong love for both.

Speaking to ESPN, he added: "I want to do both because I can. TNA is giving me the opportunity to compete in both sports which I have a passion for.

"I will bring MMA fans to wrestling and wrestling fans to MMA."

TNA president Dixie Carter added: "This is a great opportunity for Bobby to do something that has never been done before.

"He is the perfect ambassador for both sports. We are excited to have him join TNA — he is a true star who brings so much to the table as a member of our roster."

As long as he is signed with TNA I don't see Dana ever looking at him seriously. He has a similar, not as good but similar wrestling past at Lesnar's. But with him still rasslin he won't get a sniff from the UFC especially after what Lesnar just pulled in the post fight.

I also watched Lashley fight and his strength may very well match up to Brock's. I think that if he was willing to step away from TNA that Dana might consider it but otherwise no deal.

Not if he wants to stop any comparisons that are being made to UFC and other mma groups being too much like the WWE.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder