WO-S's James Haynes at the State Capital

WO-S's James Haynes received a certificate from Governor Rick Perry Wednesday in Austin at the Capital at State Champions Day. All spring sports and academic state champions were invited to attend, however, Haynes was the only Mustang who could make the trip. Haynes was the anchor leg on the 4x100 team made up of Trey Franks, Philip Jones and Josh Gloston. Haynes was joined by head track coach Toby Foreman, principal Paul Hardin and Superintendent O. Taylor Collins, along with WO-S Journalism teacher Meri Elen Jacobs and fellow classmate Shonnalee Jacobs and several other supporters.

This is the hidden content, please

Each of the four received a certificate from the governor and each also received a flag that was flown over the capital and another certificate from Mike Hamilton's office. It was such an honor for those who were there. Gov. Perry talked to each of the track champions there on a personal level, asking what event that they had won and even telling stories of his own. He also asked about college, etc. When he asked James if he was a senior and James said, "No," he said, "Well I plan on seeing you here next year" and with confidence and a smile, James said, "Yes sir!"

And yes, I will be there Saturday! When it comes to my kids, I wouldn't miss it for the world!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami