Stars Over Texas Bmt

Guest shake and bake

Guest shake and bake

12U OC Collins won the 14u division at SOT at Ford Park. They went undefeated in bracket play beating Stampede in the championship. Congrats young ladies I am very proud of you all. Kelsey Fults had to be taken to the hospital after becoming overheated  but hear she is doing better tonight.

Guest shake and bake

OC Harrell took 2nd by beating LA United 6-4 in ITB at SOT. The girls were 6-0 and one of 2 teams left when they finally were beaten by LA BLAZERS. Then falling behind 3-1 until the 4th when a 2run 2 out rally tied the ballgame. Crush took the lead in the 5th when Katye Harris got Courtney Howell . United came back with 2 outs and hit a solo HR to send it to ITB. Crush defense then took control and won by scoring 2 runs in ITB.  Earlier in the day Crush beat Texas Storm 2-1 in ITB with Mallory L. fielding a bunt with a girl on 3rd, look her back , get the out at 1st and Caitlyn Blanchard throwing home to Katye Harris who won the collision at the plate with the 3rd base runner who tried to go home and didn,t make it. Proud of all the girls this weekend.

Did not get to see the Crush gals in either division as I also had to leave due to heat.

Collins group was always one game ahead or behind me on my field.  Watched a portion

of the OCG game withe United.  Way to come back gals.

Congrats to the Crush organization and to all the teams that endured that heat and

humidity.  It was brutal.

Those new fields are nice, but in the SETX summer heat it really is almost unbearable the way that heat radiates off that new field turf! Not as bad on the old turf.

Congrats to Crush Collins. One heck of a game with you guys Saturday night, but like always you guys made it happen in the end against YG and our "Little Crush (Shuggart) Quads"  ;D. The way you Collins girls play scrappy til the bitter end makes our girls better because they want to live up to the reputation that the organization has set. Good stuff and proud to be a part of the Crush Army!

Go Crush '97!

Guest shake and bake

Blazers gold won it all correct? Did crush even play the final game? if so what was the score?

No that final game was not played. Blazers were the best team there and it showed why they have quailfied for GOLD Nationals. They are TOUGH. However several games toward the end were not played. It really got down to a safety issue and most are going to San Antonio this weekend so we all got some quality games in before this week. We also got to sweat like pigs and hope all that got taken off have recovered. Did see parents and coaches from opposing teams rally together to help overheated girls and umpires. 

OC Harrell took 2nd by beating LA United 6-4 in ITB at SOT. The girls were 6-0 and one of 2 teams left when they finally were beaten by LA BLAZERS. Then falling behind 3-1 until the 4th when a 2run 2 out rally tied the ballgame. Crush took the lead in the 5th when Katye Harris got Courtney Howell . United came back with 2 outs and hit a solo HR to send it to ITB. Crush defense then took control and won by scoring 2 runs in ITB.  Earlier in the day Crush beat Texas Storm 2-1 in ITB with Mallory L. fielding a bunt with a girl on 3rd, look her back , get the out at 1st and Caitlyn Blanchard throwing home to Katye Harris who won the collision at the plate with the 3rd base runner who tried to go home and didn,t make it. Proud of all the girls this weekend.

Super play!!!!!!!!!! 

It was hot, no miserable.............. players and umpires going down to heat! 

Yes, those turf fields radiate some real heat. I understand on sunday even girls from one team that had just come off the field or were just on the bench not in the game were getting overheated and had to leave. I also understand they were in the losers bracket and had to play a few back to back games. Sounds like most teams finished in line where they should good luck to those going to San Antonio.

First of all, thanks to all the teams that took part in this event.  We had some great teams and they produced some great softball. I found time to watch some of most of the games Sunday afternoon and the play was outstanding. A couple of years ago at AFA nationals, over 100 ivs were administered. So we did a little better. We had 8 girls go down and 2 or 3 umpires. We understand they are all doing well. Yes the Louisiana girls are tough, they had no heat problems.  In fact when I asked United if they wanted to continue Sunday afternoon, they looked at me like I was crazy, I not sure they knew it was hot. We have a great schedule this Fall, I'm glad it doesn't start til October.  Hope to see eveyone there.

Ronnie & Nara Cole

Intensity went 6-2-1 this weekend.   Finally losing to GT Shockers in a heartbreaker 2 - 1.  Congrats!!! to Andie McCain for an outstanding defensive play to shut down the squeeze at home (We had an opportunity that inning to put some more runs across but she shut it down) and to Kennedy Mullins on the 2 run HR to end the game.  Way to bust up a no hitter.  Logan LeBlanc went down hard in the Blitz game while making again another diving catch in the OF.  What looked like just a strawberry on the knee later during the Shockers game reveal there is a lot more to it.  Will know more Friday after MRI to see if she has any ligament damage.  Just like GT Shockers came out soft in our first bracket game and lost.   On a possitive note Intensity did beat LA Blazers 4 - 2 in pool play.

Pool

LA Blast Gold         1 - 1

LA Blazers Gold      4 - 2  W

Bracket

LA Blast Gold         3 - 1  L

Peppers Gold         9 - 0  W

Bayou Gators         4 - 0  W

Houston RBI          2 - 1  W

Tx Trouble            6 - 0  W

Tx Blitz                 8 - 2  W

GT Shocker Gold     2 - 1  L

Best of luck to you Logan. Hope everything turns out OK and you're ready to play again soon. 

I saw DAMAN carted to the umpire room around 4:00 on Sunday. Probably got to share an IV with Katy Williams who was carted in just prior to that. Hope you 2 are back at 100% soon as well as all the others that succumbed to the heat or injuries. It was brutal out there!

Congrats to Collins Crush on winning the 14U Championship. I would also like to congratulate the players and coaches on Stampede. Our girls started the day at 8:00 A.M. and played 6 back to back games to get to the championship. To play that many games in the heat was truly an amazing feat.

Congrats to Collins Crush on winning the 14U Championship. I would also like to congratulate the players and coaches on Stampede. Our girls started the day at 8:00 A.M. and played 6 back to back games to get to the championship. To play that many games in the heat was truly an amazing feat.

Your team did play well on Sunday what having to play 6 games.  I had, I think 3 of those games

and went out in the game before the championship game.  Did not fall out, but would have if I

had tried to continue.  Definiately not 100% today either.  Having an artiogram done Wed at 9:00

am.  Don't anticipate any problems but did have to drop out of the New Orleans and Beaumont

Nats.  If everything goes well, I will probably be out one day of the 18U event.  Maybe to help

Bubba coach.  ;D

Guest shake and bake

Your team did play well on Sunday what having to play 6 games.  I had, I think 3 of those games

and went out in the game before the championship game.  Did not fall out, but would have if I

had tried to continue.  Definiately not 100% today either.  Having an artiogram done Wed at 9:00

am.  Don't anticipate any problems but did have to drop out of the New Orleans and Beaumont

Nats.  If everything goes well, I will probably be out one day of the 18U event.  Maybe to help

Bubba coach.  ;D

As long as you don't wear those baby blue shorts you can take my place anytime. ;D

order of finish

1. Blazer Gold ( championship game not played but best team out there- undefeated )

2. La United

3. O Crush Gold

4. Tx Storm Gold

5. GT Shockers

6. Intensity

Is this correct? hey 3 of those teams from the Beaumont area great job!

order of finish

1. Blazer Gold ( championship game not played but best team out there- undefeated )

2. O Crush Gold

3.La united

4. Tx Storm Gold

5. GT Shockers

6. Intensity

Now it is

Guest shake and bake

order of finish

2. La United

3. O Crush Gold

4. Tx Storm Gold

5. GT Shockers

6. Intensity

OC Harrell beat La United 6-4 in the 3rd place game to put them in the championship . The game was not played . Not for sure but I think STORM and Shockers were to play but both decided to leave. The United vs Crush game went to ITB . Congrats to all.

order of finish

2. La United

3. O Crush Gold

4. Tx Storm Gold

5. GT Shockers

6. Intensity

OC Harrell beat La United 6-4 in the 3rd place game to put them in the championship . The game was not played . Not for sure but I think STORM and Shockers were to play but both decided to leave. The United vs Crush game went to ITB . Congrats to all.

Shockers and Storm played to a 0-0 tie. After 5 back to back games, the Shockers decided to hang it up at ITB. One player down from heat exhaustion and a few others approaching it. No need to continue on and risk losing a player for this weekend's ASA Gold qualifier. Storm followed suit.

Guest shake and bake

order of finish

2. La United

3. O Crush Gold

4. Tx Storm Gold

5. GT Shockers

6. Intensity

Shockers and Storm played to a 0-0 tie. After 5 back to back games, the Shockers decided to hang it up at ITB. One player down from heat exhaustion and a few others approaching it. No need to continue on and risk losing a player for this weekend's ASA Gold qualifier. Storm followed suit.

Hope your overheated girl is doing ok. I know one of the little CRUSH girls went down before the Championship and she was doing better Monday. We all will have to be own the lookout in SA this weekend. 2 weekends with this kind of weather is tough. Would also like to know if ERNIE and FRANK are available for SA tours and interpertor services. My Spanish is a little rusty ;D ;D

"Not for sure but I think STORM and Shockers were to play but both decided to leave". They did play and just when ITB was to begin the next inning Shockers bowed out and forfeited  choosing to leave before any more injuries overheating etc.. before the next weekend. Lots of class shown by Storm to suggest to the umpire to suspend the game a moment while Shockers could tend to their fallen teammate in the dugout. Storm advanced and were to play LA UNITED and they chose to forfeit! 

Guest shake and bake

Will agree with you on the CLASS that Storm shows both on and off the field. Understand that Pat H will be finished after IFA in Bmt if they do not make Gold . He and Storm have Always played us very tough and we are about 50-50 with them.

Guest Sports Reporter

Will agree with you on the CLASS that Storm shows both on and off the field. Understand that Pat H will be finished after IFA in Bmt if they do not make Gold . He and Storm have Always played us very tough and we are about 50-50 with them.

They wont make gold

Guest Sports Reporter

They wont make gold

Score 2 for sports reporter. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder