Dayton vs. LBJ

Guest 2010.doing.it.again

What do you know about Austin LBJ?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What do you know about Austin LBJ?

• Good
    • Bad

I would assume Dayton's coach made the decision to play the game. He know's his kids. Its football, travel is involved. I think it says alot for the character and mindset of the program to play a tough 10th game to prepare for another deep run rather than take the final week off and lose valuable focus, timing and continuity. This is Dayton, not pee-wee nationals.

As posted earlier a few yrs.back Dayton played Manor And Waco La Vega in regular season games so a trip to Austin just another piece of the puzzle sure to get watched by sportswriters but I had just as soon had game 10 w/Sulphur Springs if that could have happened that would make my day.

As posted earlier a few yrs.back Dayton played Manor And Waco La Vega in regular season games so a trip to Austin just another piece of the puzzle sure to get watched by sportswriters but I had just as soon had game 10 w/Sulphur Springs if that could have happened that would make my day.

Call me insane but Dayton never played Waco La Vega or Manor in regular season contests! They traveled up to Naca once about 13 years ago!

Call me insane but Dayton never played Waco La Vega or Manor in regular season contests! They traveled up to Naca once about 13 years ago!

;D

It was in 1971, Dayton beat Manor 49-18 in the first game of the season and La Vega 10-0 in the 3rd game. When liltex says a few he always means 38.  ;D

;)Thanks guys by now everybody knows  I am an oldtimer,none the less I have and will always will be proud to back them BroncHos even when coaching was not what it has been since Stewart's arrival.BRON-CHOS goes back 38 yrs.or so.

;)Thanks guys by now everybody knows  I am an oldtimer,none the less I have and will always will be proud to back them BroncHos even when coaching was not what it has been since Stewart's arrival.BRON-CHOS goes back 38 yrs.or so.

Do you are remember the Boston brothers and Kenneth Almond?

Are they picked to be first in their district?

Did they go far in the playoffs?

We play them in week 10 && i know nothing about them..

Let me know something

(3 Pages)

←123

You cannot start a new topicYou cannot reply to this topicDave Campbells 09 4A Rankings Rate Topic:  #41    ltcav83

Rookie

Group:Active Roster

High School:lake travis

Referred by:google searchPosted 21 July 2009 - 01:47 PM

Biggie,

One thing Lake Travis has proven over the last two years is that Region 3 ( in regard to 4A schools ) is not very competitive. The games with Dayton and Friendswood were not very competitive. I think that LT and Cibolo Steele are in a different league than the Region 3 teams and that will be proven again this year. I would put Longview as #1, Lake Travis at #2 and Cibolo #3 in the state this year.

0 Back to top

MultiQuote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#42    #1jayhawk

Rookie

Referred by:mePosted 22 July 2009 - 06:12 AM

ltcav83, on 21 July 2009 - 01:47 PM, said:

Biggie,

One thing Lake Travis has proven over the last two years is that Region 3 ( in regard to 4A schools ) is not very competitive. The games with Dayton and Friendswood were not very competitive. I think that LT and Cibolo Steele are in a different league than the Region 3 teams and that will be proven again this year. I would put Longview as #1, Lake Travis at #2 and Cibolo #3 in the state this year.

r

Anybody who watched Dayton in the state finals last year would most likely say they could go head to head with any team and be competitive.Wasn't the same team of two years ago when we played LT. in the semi finals. We were a very good team ,but LT was a great team. LT is a boarder line 4a/5a school with all the money and fanfair to go with it and I guess you've earned the right to be smug. In the 08 playoffs Steele was more than competitive with you guys ! and during the season Tivy beat Steele and Dayton beat Tivy. Your march to the 09 playoffs may not be a cake walk this year not matter what Region you go through. On a side note your QB.(G.Gilbert) must of made over a dozen phone calls last year to Dayton's "All American WR,-AJ Dugat)to try and covince him to go UT. with him.

0 Back to top

MultiQuote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#43    ltcav83

Rookie

Referred by:google searchPosted 22 July 2009 - 07:22 AM

Not trying to smug just matter of fact. Message boards are that way sometime. Dayton was a good team and Dugat was an excellent player. The point I was trying to make is that LT is on another level. And if they go thru their non district schedule undefeated ( Westlake, Cedar Park and Westwood ) then they have proven that they have a great chance to Three Peat.

Who is the Region 3 favorite this year?

0 Back to top

MultiQuote

#44    #1jayhawk

Rookie

Referred by:mePosted 22 July 2009 - 08:03 AM

ltcav83, on 22 July 2009 - 07:22 AM, said:

Not trying to smug just matter of fact. Message boards are that way sometime. Dayton was a good team and Dugat was an excellent player. The point I was trying to make is that LT is on another level. And if they go thru their non district schedule undefeated ( Westlake, Cedar Park and Westwood ) then they have proven that they have a great chance to Three Peat.

Who is the Region 3 favorite this year?

To be honest I really could'nt tell you ? Heard Angleton going to be good and we will find how good Friendswood is when we play them in our second non-district game. Rumor has it that several 5a schools in our area will be stepping down to 4a next year (Humble,Baytown Lee, Baytown Sterling ) maybe a few others also, could cause the making of a new district. Daytons tenth game this year is gong to be against LBJ Austin (at Austin) can you tell me anything about them?

0 Back to top

MultiQuote

#45    biggie105

Varsity Backup Reserve

High School:Willowridge

Referred by:webPosted 22 July 2009 - 08:28 AM

I wont take anything away from LT because until someone beats them, they can talk.

You say they have been good over the last 2 yrs; I believe if LT had been in Div I in 07, Lamar Consolidated would have beaten them.

This year will be the judge because I believe that team has been all Gilbert. With as much money pumped into the program, that school should always be competitive.

0 Back to top

MultiQuote

#46    ltcav83

Rookie

Referred by:google searchPosted 22 July 2009 - 09:18 AM

#1jayhawk, on 22 July 2009 - 08:03 AM, said:

To be honest I really could'nt tell you ? Heard Angleton going to be good and we will find how good Friendswood is when we play them in our second non-district game. Rumor has it that several 5a schools in our area will be stepping down to 4a next year (Humble,Baytown Lee, Baytown Sterling ) maybe a few others also, could cause the making of a new district. Daytons tenth game this year is gong to be against LBJ Austin (at Austin) can you tell me anything about them?

LBJ always has a couple of D1 players on the team. They have excellent team speed and are fairly well coached. I look forward to seeing how that matchup goes

;)Almond was head coach,others were coach Harris-coach Riley Burnett-Boston's came after me.

Kenneth Almond Sr. was head coach in the 60's, then became Superintendant

Kenneth Almond Jr. (Bubba Ross) was an All-state LB/RB in the mid 70's

I'm pretty sure Bruce Pruitt was head coach in 71

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont