Baseball?

Baseball would probably be a consideration if the college decides to add another men's sport and another women's sport in the future. But my impression is that it would be in the distant future, not something that is likely to materialize in the next couple of years.

The first priority right now is getting the men's basketball and women's softball programs established in order to create both student body and public interest in Lamar State sports, which might lead to adding more sports at the college.

We tried to do an informational inquirey about a Orange Tiger softball team at LamarState-Orange and it was not met with enough support to get off the ground.

I think Vance Edwards is doing better recruiting in the last two years and I honesty look for the Seahawks SB to be going for a National Championship within the next four years.  Expanded recruiting and a bigger scholarship number-base is the answer.

Baseball would be great, we need a area game-plan to make these things a reality. We need to treat all this as a package to develop.

Lamar--Beaumont seems to drag their feet for many years on SB for girls: while lavishing great salaries on football Coaches-- with at present no games & a non-existent program.

You never know. When Lamar State added men's basketball and women's softball in 2004, Coach Gilligan told me he was disappointed that the college didn't add baseball because he had more hot prospects than he had available scholarships.

I think he would love to have a "farm" team right down the road.

I personally wouldn't discount the talent of 3A and below athletes. The best softball player who has played at Lamar State in the first five seasons came from a 3A high school. The difference is the level of competition they faced during their high school years, especially the pitching.

Seahawk Fan--I believe your meant baseball when you said softball....

Lets see who will commit and for what to make assorted things happen.

I will commit to helping in any way to get softball added at Lamar U Beaumont and another feeder team for that program a Lamar Orange; to couple with LamarStatePA existing program.

Yes, I also commit to getting a JUCO level baseball program rolling in Port Arthur and a little later in Orange somewhere in the classifications.

We can start in my living room if need be setting up a scheme to develop long-range promotion for the Triangle sports development above HS level.

Who will also commit to this vision and what areas would you like to concentrate on??

We tried to do an informational inquirey about a Orange Tiger softball team at LamarState-Orange and it was not met with enough support to get off the ground.

I think Vance Edwards is doing better recruiting in the last two years and I honesty look for the Seahawks SB to be going for a National Championship within the next four years.  Expanded recruiting and a bigger scholarship number-base is the answer.

Baseball would be great, we need a area game-plan to make these things a reality. We need to treat all this as a package to develop.

Lamar--Beaumont seems to drag their feet for many years on SB for girls: while lavishing great salaries on football Coaches-- with at present no games & a non-existent program.

Lamar-Beaumont will have a Softball team with in 2 years and as far as no games for football here is the schedule

9-4...at McNeese State

10-2...SAM HOUSTON STATE

11-6 ... at Georgia State

TBA...at Southeastern Louisiana

TBA...at Stephen F. Austin

TBA...SOUTH ALABAMA

TBA...at North Dakota

TBA...SOUTH DAKOTA STATE

TBA...LANGSTON

9-24...at Southeastern La.

10-1... NORTHWESTERN STATE

10-8... at Texas State - San Marcos

10-15...CENTRAL ARKANSAS

10-22... at Sam Houston State

10-29...STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

11-5... at Nicholls State

11-12...McNEESE STATE

9-8...at Texas A&M

9-15 ... GEORGIA STATE

9-22... SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

9-29... at Northwestern State

10-6... TEXAS STATE - SAN MARCOS

10-13... at Central Arkansas

10-20... SAM HOUSTON STATE

10-27... at Stephen F Austin

11-3... NICHOLLS STATE

11-10... at McNeese State

TBA...at TCU

TBA...at Oklahoma State

Guest baseball25

YOUR ON CRACKkkkkk

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124