Vidor's new field turf?

I've heard & seen the turf at the stadium ready to be laid and from speculations it will be laid for the upcoming season

It's only gunna be for the sidelines... And my dad told me it's the turf from the New Orleans Superdome, and the last game played on it was the LSU vs Ohio State championship game... Still got all the markings on it...

Guest blackflag

The turf is from the superdome. It was purchased by Vidor for their indoor practice field (old gym). There will be some used on the sidelines @ the football field. They will never turf the entire playing field because it would end some homecoming traditions. I don't think you would see twirlers twirling flaming batons on a new turf field. ;D

• 3 weeks later...

lol yes pirate football, you caught me. that's exactly it.

Let me ask you this, when was the last time you've seen a football field with just turf sidelines?

I'll give you a minute.

Done thinking?

That's right, you never have.

It will look stupid, but it's going to serve a good purpose. I'd do it too.

actually, I have seen several fields with artificial turf only on the sidelines.  Stallworth Stadium in Baytown had it for years before putting turf on the whole field.  There is definately one area of the field guaranteed to have a ton of traffic every game night and that is the sideline.  One rain game screws up the sideline for weeks.

lol yes pirate football, you caught me. that's exactly it.

Let me ask you this, when was the last time you've seen a football field with just turf sidelines?

I'll give you a minute.

Done thinking?

That's right, you never have.

It will look stupid, but it's going to serve a good purpose. I'd do it too.

Hardin did last year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami