Deweyville vs. High Island Article

KFDM COOP

Hyman what are you talking about? firsthoops is taking up for Deweyville and your going against him. I think you might need to be the one to grow up and be a man. You dont need to just read but comprehend what the man said instead of just looking at the username and assuming the worst. SOUR GRAPES i dont think that had anything to do with the conversation.

then tell me why did he put me in the post? just hard to understand why he brings me up when I am not even in the conversation. The young men have found leadership in the new coaching staff and are playing harder than ever! I wish them all the very best in all sports boys and girls!

I know for a fact they are playing hard but not harder thatn ever. those boys have always played hard but due the lack of overall talent in the past they just werent successful. These boys have played hard for a long time and now they have worked to the point where they are as good as everyone else so please dont say they are playing harder than ever. It doesnt matter who coaches them they will always put forth effort. But Coach Bickham has done a good job.

JAWS, you are so right.

In the past , just like now the Pirate kids have had kids that always worked hard, no matter how hard you work if you only have 3 or 4 kids on the team with the natural ability and talent to play the game, it doesn't matter who the coach is, the odds are you won't win very many games. The difference this year, is we have a team of talented kids, that all work hard. They have the desire and the ability to play the game. We now have more than a couple of plays that we can run, because we have a passing game and a running game, that consists of more than a couple of players to get the ball to. Our defensive and our offensive players are aggressive and determined to give it their all on everyplay. This is also the first year we've only had 3 kids that start on both sides of the ball. It helps to be able to allow your players to rest, instead of playing every play of the game.

Bickham didn't make this team what they are. Yes, he and his coaching staff has been an asset, but..........The kids have worked hard and stuck together and been thru some tough times. Their hard work, determination and dedication is the major reason the boys are being successful. We 've graduated some great talent as well as some boys who played but didn't care about the game. This year we have talented veteran players, talented new comers, and a good coaching staff. But most of all we play as a TEAM.

Good Luck Pirates! You

DP#1Fan, Sorry if I hurt your feelings by stating that I wasn't a fan of yours or Coach Bickham's. Just wanted it to be clear that I wasn't taking up for you or him.

But I am a 110% fan of the kids of Deweyville. I was stating the facts and I think pointing out that while Coach Bickham did make the schedule some of last year's schedule could not be duplicated.....as in Buna - now the same district. Also, pointed out that Evadale has been on the schedule for at least 12 years....in other words Coach Bickham did not just go and search out a weak team to play. And Cathedral has been on the schedule in the past / as has been High Island. And I don't remember Deweyville being bashed then for playing those schools.

I also stated the obvious in that I personally believe in scheduling up. That is just a fact. But it is also a fact that without the other schools agreeing there would be none of these games.

And if you want to know my opinion about the score difference I'll tell you. The goal on offense is to score, the goal on defense is to not allow the other team to score. The next goal you should have is to play as hard as you can and to play the best that you can. If you don't play the best that you can or attempt to play the best that you can then you are doing a disservice to the game, yourself and your opponent. The score will be what the score is.

I am not going to retaliate here against you so you can attack me again in anyway that pleases you. You were mentioned because I don't want any association with you. Therefore just because I am defending the kids of Deweyville from all this silly mess on here I don't want to be lumped into the category with you. As a matter of fact if you still have a bur in your bonnet about me then just give me a call a 936-645-4810 if you have anything that I need to know.

I hope the Pirates go far into the playoffs in every sport. Football, Cross-Country, Basketball, Track, Volleyball, Softball and Baseball. If they don't it will not be from lack of effort from the kids.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn