Looking for advise and input

I am seeking out people who have experience with all-star football games. Administrative, coaching and even players who have played in all star games.

The Evadale Catfish Festival is strongly considering holding an all star game in early May 2010. It will be limited to graduating seniors who are in 1A to 3A. So often good players don't get the chance to take the step up to the next level and most of them wish they could take one last shot under the lights.

If you have information or just want to discuss this send me a personal message and I will get back to you.

For any football fanatics, just hang on football two a days are only 12 weeks away and games are only 14 weeks.

Thanks for any information.

We want people to know that we are very serious about this and have begun to make contact with manufacturers and will be looking for corporate/business sponsors for this and our basketball games.

Being involved with a 1A school we are all too familiar with the fact that our kids get overlooked and this would be a way to give one more shot for what we believe is a very talented group of players to get one final opportunity to play and yes possibly impress a college scout in the process.

We want this to happen and that is why we are starting to work on it a year in advance. We will be making contact with coaches from area schools in September to have them prepared for what we are trying to do.

In all likelyhood we will ask schools to nominate four players, two offense and two defense, one lineman and on back on each side of the ball, plus one specialty player kickers, punters and return guys. We will also ask for student trainers that deserve to work one last game as well. We might even expand it to at a cheerleader nominee from each school as well, "what football without cheerleaders"  and we likely will invite two bands to play at halftime from two schools that send athletes our invite senior band members to gather and play at halftime. With us it is all about the kids.

So I ask again, if you have input or information to share please let me know and if you are with a company that might be interested in helping to sponsor this event and the costs that will go along with it please feel free to contact me, through a personal message.

Great football knows no classification and we really want to make this a very special event that will showcase these players year after year.

Thanks again! 

This would be a great thing for the smaller schools when the Festival gets it up and running.  These guys in 1A work their butts off and get little recognition for it.  You could even invite different coaches from different staffs to help coach the game.  The different coaches might be able to offer some input that the kids have not learned or heard from their own coaches. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder