The Future of SETX Soccer

Just curious to see what some of you people know about what to expect from our area for the years to come.  Lets say next 5 years.  Looking at our local youth systems, are they getting better, worse, or are they staying the same.  Are there any new directions being taken such as more div II teams, a div I team.  What have you heard or know about girls or boys? 

I'll say this, from what i have witnessed, my assessment is that quality girls youth soccer programs are becoming more abundant and seems like the girls are getting much better year to year.  As for the boys, I thinks they are either holding steady or getting worse.  What else can be done?  Your thoughts.

• 4 weeks later...

Try out for a club team.  Most clubs are having try-outs right now.  I know some high school boys want to play, but might not have enough turnout at Spindletop...try-outs for boys Wednesday, 6/3.  Come at 6:30 or 8, you would be considered any time you came.  Girls try-outs Thursday at 6:30 for younger girls, 8:00 for U-15 and up.  Several teams forming.  Different levels of play. It's been discussed on the board before...players that play more soccer than just the high school season do better in their high school play.  Training also makes a difference! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami