Say It Ain't So Joe The Plumber!!

Anyone confirmed this story?

Stop the presses... (even though we haven't received the press release yet). Time Magazine is reporting - burying rather - the news that Joe the Plumber, also known as Samuel Wurzelbacher, is quitting the GOP. That's big news considering Joe became the new GOP mascot during the McCain campaign and has since advised the party during conferences and in Capitol Hill briefings.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday he went on record and called gays "queers" in a published story.

People need to think before they open their mouth then some people don't need to be speaking at all. I for one don't really care what Joe the Plumber is doing with this life. He was made up by the media.

Ohio Governor Ted Strickland ordered an investigation, through the Ohio Department of Commerce, of Samuel Wurzelbacher during the election. Mr. Wurzelbacher woke up one morning to find people digging through his trash for absolutely no reason. If that was during the election, I can't imagine what this man has had to deal with since the election. If this is true, he probably renounced his position within the GOP just to stop the harrassment. We also don't know how much business he lost from avid Obama supporters.

Ohio Governor Ted Strickland ordered an investigation, through the Ohio Department of Commerce, of Samuel Wurzelbacher during the election. Mr. Wurzelbacher woke up one morning to find people digging through his trash for absolutely no reason. If that was during the election, I can't imagine what this man has had to deal with since the election. If this is true, he probably renounced his position within the GOP just to stop the harrassment. We also don't know how much business he lost from avid Obama supporters.

And I bet you think Palin could run the country, don't you?

Her resume looks a lot better than Obamas

Really? Now what is her educational background?

Bottom lne: Can President Obama kill a moose with one shot??  ;D

As a matter of fact, I do. After all, she did run a state. But that's beside the point.

Back to the point, Joe the Plumber left because he was being harassed by overbearing government, something that neither he nor I support. At the head of that government, Obama supporter Ted Strickland, Barack Obama, and, ultimately, the Democratic Party.

She is a college grad. 

However, her executive experience is a Governor for 2 years and a Mayor for 10 years.  He has no executive experience.

She is a college grad. 

However, her executive experience is a Governor for 2 years and a Mayor for 10 years.  He has no executive experience.

Plus the fact that she has a fairly nice...uuuhhhh... ;D

She is a college grad. 

she is hot!

She is a college grad. 

she is hot!

YEAH!!!  that too!!!  ;)

Give me a break... ???

The comments above are the exact reason that many did not vote for Palin and the exact reason that she was on the ballot to begin with.  It had nothing with her experience. Quite honestly, it was insulting that the GOP powers-that-be who chose her thought that women were not smart enough to realize that they were dangling Palin in front of them hoping to win the presidency. 

I have to say that I may agree with an earlier statement concerning the voting of SE Texans (at least most of them). :o

Guest DickVitale

Presidential elections are every four years, kid... ::)....Who is your government teacher?  ::)  I just don't see how in less than 120 days in office, you people are trying to BLAME President Obama for the economic problems in this country...Your boy, George W., is the reason for IT ALL...ALL OF IT! I just dont understand how you people are trying to justify that...Then some of you voted for McCain KNOWING he was way too old to run this country effectively, and KNOWING that Obama was the BEST CANDIDATE. Why?..SE Texas will never change.... ::) ::)

Presidential elections are every four years, kid... ::)....Who is your government teacher?  ::)  I just don't see how in less than 120 days in office, you people are trying to BLAME President Obama for the economic problems in this country...Your boy, George W., is the reason for IT ALL...ALL OF IT! I just dont understand how you people are trying to justify that...Then some of you voted for McCain KNOWING he was way too old to run this country effectively, and KNOWING that Obama was the BEST CANDIDATE. Why?..SE Texas will never change.... ::) ::)

Yes, Presidential elections are held every four years, but, you see, over here at PN-G, they also teach us that Congress holds elections every two years because Senators serve 6-year terms and Representatives serve 2-year terms. Those are called "Midterm" Elections.  :D

Give me a break... ???

The comments above are the exact reason that many did not vote for Palin and the exact reason that she was on the ballot to begin with.  It had nothing with her experience. Quite honestly, it was insulting that the GOP powers-that-be who chose her thought that women were not smart enough to realize that they were dangling Palin in front of them hoping to win the presidency. 

I have to say that I may agree with an earlier statement concerning the voting of SE Texans (at least most of them). :o

Stang...honest opinion.....do you think that the majority of African Americans country wide who voted for Obama did so because of A) his race or B) his platform.

Guest DickVitale

Do YOU think that the majority of white America (particularly in SE Texas) voted AGAINST Obama because of a) his race, or B) his platform?

She is a college grad. 

I can't believe that anybody thinks running a podunk town in alaska qualifies them for anything.  Her choice guaranteed the doom of McCain. 

Guest DickVitale

I wouldn't say that her selection was the ONLY reason he did not win, but she hurt the McCain camp pretty bad while on the campaign trail.

"Joe the Plumber" Is another guy that didn't pay his taxes. Its a wonder that Obama didn't find a cabinet position for him. Maybe thats why he left the GOP? Just kidding y'all. I came to this site for sports info, but finding a lot of interesting political discussion. Thank you & keep it up.

Do YOU think that the majority of white America (particularly in SE Texas) voted AGAINST Obama because of a) his race, or B) his platform?

While we wait for Stang's reply, take a read.  Interesting article...don't you agree?

This is the hidden content, please

Oh so kind.  Thank you for patience!

Quite honestly, I think that there were as many black people who voted for Barack Obama because he was black as there were white people who voted against him because he was black. 

Barack Obama was not elected by any one particular group of voters.  Sure, he had lots of black votes, but he also had lots of YOUNG VOTES, and contrary to what some think...WHITE VOTES.  You can look at the red states and basically kind of deduce your own opinion of why those people in those states (well, at least the majority of people in those states) voted the way they did.  The good ole' south, right?  It's just refreshing to see us get over this hump.

She is a college grad. 

she is hot!

As much as I thought Gomer Pyle was dumb, his cousin Goober was dumber.......too many of you think with your third leg too much. ;)

While we wait for Stang's reply, take a read.  Interesting article...don't you agree?

This is the hidden content, please

Oh so kind.  Thank you for patience!

Quite honestly, I think that there were as many black people who voted for Barack Obama because he was black as there were white people who voted against him because he was black. 

Barack Obama was not elected by any one particular group of voters.  Sure, he had lots of black votes, but he also had lots of YOUNG VOTES, and contrary to what some think...WHITE VOTES.  You can look at the red states and basically kind of deduce your own opinion of why those people in those states (well, at least the majority of people in those states) voted the way they did.  The good ole' south, right?  It's just refreshing to see us get over this hump.

Aaahhh..no problem..I didn't have plans tonight anyway. ;D

Actually Stang, I disagree with you on your first point.  I think there were far more whites who voted against him because of race than blacks who voted for him because of race.  (it's kinda misleading though because from a actual number standpoint  blacks represent  like what 13-14 percent of the total U.S. population at last count).  On your second point I agree fully. Obviously, many many whites were disgusted with the previous admin and wanted change...big change and many whites saw Obama as  the fresh face so to speak, to bring those changes about.  I think it was a given, right from the start that he would get the black vote but I was a bit surprised at the number of whites who voted him..As someone pointed out in another post, I also believe that Palin caused the GOP to lose many votes and McCain's age and public demeanor didn't serve the Repubs cause well either.  Personally, I had a very difficult time deciding my vote.  What basically swung my vote was his stances on several important personal issue including abortion...not the fact that he is black.  I wouldn't care if the Dems had a white, Italian, New York candidate, who was pro-choice running, I would still vote his opponent (pro-life, of course).  I tend to agree with your thought on the good ol south philosophy but...some things  never change. As a Yankee, that still somewhat amazes me because growing up in New York, I was never exposed to the segregation/good ol boy thing ( I grew up in a racially mixed neighborhood and had blacks, whites (of all nationalities) and  different Hispanic nationalities as friends.  Our kids have been raised to respect people of all races and not to judge others on anything other than the "content of their character".  My daughter for example just recently returned from an 11 day mission trip to Kenya...she plans on returning to Kenya or posibly Uganda next year. OK,  I'll shut up now.  :-X

Although I oppose a number of Obama's philosophies (As I have other  Democrat presidents/candidates in the past),  I do and will continue to respect him as the President of my Country.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami