Dayton's Scoreboard...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In todays economy it is a little irresponsibe to be waste money on a scoreboard with video just so we can say we have a video scoreboard.  As long as it counts down and keeps the score that is sufficient.  I am proud of Dayton for not being wasteful with the tax payers money.

yeah, i was just being selfish on my part. as long as it's purple with our broncos logo on it will do just fine. just will be glad when football begins now. i know the economy sucks right now. maybe in the future we may be able to get us a jumbotron scoreboard . when everythings said and done, our stadium and parking situation with be solved and it will be great. go broncos lets make it 14 straight years.  ;D

IMO....

A jumbotron at a highschool facility is just not necessary (unless it comes from a sponsor(s) and doesn't involve ANY public tax money).

I would much rather have a scoreboard that had extra fields for stats, such as first downs, total yardage, etc...

Having a ticker message system would also be nice so you could scroll across sponsors and information.

Of course...

AS previously mentioned...

The most important element of a scoreboard is for at the end of the game to have the home team with a whole bunch of points and the visting team burn out the bulbs used to create 00

In my life I would never have thought Bronco Stadium would be redone to what it looks like now.

When I moved here 1992, they were taking out the small dirt track.

How much things have changed since then.

Bronco Stadium is now one of the finest facilities between Houston and Beaumont.

Also...

are there any plans on redoing the signs that contained the information about the district championships and playoff winnings from the past?

I thought that had a nice impact on the east side of the stadium.

I don't care what kind of scoreboard we have as long as the numbers under Broncos count real high and the numbers under visitors stay in close proximity to 0 !! ;D

I agree.....thats what counts the most...not the size of the board itself! 

I say we get a jumbotron and wire you up Purple4Ever, sponsored by Toups Video and Graphics!

On a public servant salary, don't think that will enough $$$$ to even buy one light bulb on the jumbotron.

What an honor it would be to have ALWAYS BELIEVE in big words along the bottom of the score board.

I say we get a jumbotron and wire you up Purple4Ever, sponsored by Toups Video and Graphics!

On a public servant salary, don't think that will enough $$$$ to even buy one light bulb on the jumbotron.

What an honor it would be to have ALWAYS BELIEVE in big words along the bottom of the score board.

exactly!!!!!!! ''ALWAYS BELIEVE"

If nothing else I bet we could get a huge banner on the fence that I am willing to contribute to!!!

• 3 weeks later...

anyone know when the new scoreboard will be installed? and also if we're going to get the signs in the back of the stadium showing our playoff records??  sure looked good when it was there. guess i'm just proud for everyone to see our accomplishments the broncos did since the beginning.  ::) ::) ::)

The GOAT thinks everyone should have a replay board it only adds to the wow factor of the Friday night lights. And the kids love to see themselves, and of coarse as a fan you know you always wanna see that special play again.

The GOAT hasn't figured out how much it costs to install one of those boards, plus furnish the cabling and cameras to complete the package.

This is an unessential waste of taxpayer money to put a replay board in a high school stadium, UNLESS it is purchased and maintained through outside sponsors.

Ask Nederland how good it felt to watch the nine touchdowns scored by the Broncos play over on their highlight score board.

Although nice to have such things, it is not essential.

As previously stated, the most important part of the scoreboard is to have the Bronco side with many points and the opponent as close to zero as possible.

The GOAT thinks everyone should have a replay board it only adds to the wow factor of the Friday night lights. And the kids love to see themselves, and of coarse as a fan you know you always wanna see that special play again.

The GOAT hasn't figured out how much it costs to install one of those boards, plus furnish the cabling and cameras to complete the package.

This is an unessential waste of taxpayer money to put a replay board in a high school stadium, UNLESS it is purchased and maintained through outside sponsors.

Ask Nederland how good it felt to watch the nine touchdowns scored by the Broncos play over on their highlight score board.

Although nice to have such things, it is not essential.

As previously stated, the most important part of the scoreboard is to have the Bronco side with many points and the opponent as close to zero as possible.

The GOAT doesn't need to figure it out. The GOAT is all knowing. $450,000 is what ours cost, that's scoreboard, videoscreen, three cameras, two computers for graphics, that also includes a sound /pa system that sounds out of this world. Come on lets live a little. Open your mind and your wallet. IF YOUR GONNA DO IT, DO IT BIG. It's not always about dollars and cents. If you say your school is the best, then you should want the best. You should want it for your school. Don't y'all have that kind of money laying in dayton, or you could even start up a booster club to fund the scoreboard project. In this situation more is better. Plus u never show the visitors highlights that's a no no! That was nederlands fault, that's part of homefield advantage,matter of fact I'm sending the bronco a formal invite to PA for 2010-2011.

Dayton has a Booster Club and I am fairly certain there are some more worthwhile things they are working on! 100K should be nice enough!

100K WOULD BE JUST GREAT!!!!!!!

That's fine with me, just trying lend  a helping hand. The invite is still open though. ;) I wanna see if the broncos are worth the hype. ;D

Dayton has a Booster Club and I am fairly certain there are some more worthwhile things they are working on! 100K should be nice enough!

That's fine with me, just trying lend  a helping hand. The invite is still open though. ;) I wanna see if the broncos are worth the hype. ;D

wish that would happen... we're worth every bit!

wish that would happen... we're worth every bit!

Bronco, you sure you want that, this isn't pn-g or nederland. Don't make us light up our SCORBOARD on y'all!!!!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83