BC vs Cuero warm up game set

Guest BCNatureBoy

unusual for teams to play each other that might meet again in the playoffs, but congrats to both they aint scared

wouldnt meet again until the state tourney in austin as bc is region 3 and cuero is region 4

EBTU: First of all I think it is great for the better ones to play other exceptional teams.  I wish Huffman or one of the other 21-3As could make arrangements to play Longview Spring Hill, Taylor & rated others, etc:  Oh yes, I think BC wins because of the caliber of play they have faced...

I would hope they could play a double hitter; therefore, that would allow some of their Pitching staffs to be subjected to more hauss hitters.   That location would be a nice place to have a host of postseason warm-ups!  ;D......all on the same day!

Sinton and Lufkin Hudson would also be a good matchup.

EBTU: First of all I think it is great for the better ones to play other exceptional teams.  I wish Huffman or one of the other 21-3As could make arrangements to play Longview Spring Hill, Taylor & rated others, etc:  Oh yes, I think BC wins because of the caliber of play they have faced...

I would hope they could play a double hitter; therefore, that would allow some of their Pitching staffs to be subjected to more hauss hitters.   That location would be a nice place to have a host of postseason warm-ups!  ;D......all on the same day!

Sinton and Lufkin Hudson would also be a good matchup.

I dont know what Coach Deberry has in mind but shall see.

Just a litle reading material about Cuero baseball....They are going to play West(a 3A out by Waco) and also Smithson Valley on the weekend, in warm-ups prior to playing BC on Tuesday night April 5.

Sports

No. 1 Gobblers first to 20 wins

by Richard Morton, Record Sports

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 8:09 AM CDT

As the No. 1 ranked Cuero Gobblers (20-1, 6-0) enter the final two weeks of the regular season, they stand alone as the only team in 3A with twenty wins. Over the past week, the Gobblers pushed their win streak to fifteen with 16-9 win over Yoakum and a 14-0 win over Palacios.

Senior Troy Ruiz beats the throw as he slides safely into third. The Gobbler’s are now on a 15 game winning streak and the first 3A team to reach 20 wins. (Record photo)

Jennings Boothe (5-1) took the hill for Gobblers in Yoakum on April 7, picking up his fifth win while recording eight strikeouts on six innings of work. Cuero and Yoakum swapped runs in the first inning, before the Gobblers took a 4-1 lead in the top of the third. After gaining the lead, Cuero never looked back, adding six runs in the fourth inning and two more in the fifth. Both squads added four more runs in the seventh, with Cuero leaving Yoakum with the 16-9 victory.

Jake Rangnow lead the Gobbler offense with a 4-5 performance including two doubles and 4 RBI's. Boothe was 4-4 on the night with an RBI, Tyler Arndt was 2-5 with 3 RBI's, Tanner Hoffman went 2-3, and Klayton Smith was 2-4 on the night including a homerun and 3 RBI's.

Thursday night, the Gobblers faced the Palacios Sharks with Gobbler ace Ross Goebel (7-0) getting the nod for Cuero. Goebel picked up his seventh win of the season allowing three hits on three innings of work. Kolton Smith took the mound in relief recording one strikeout in his two innings of work.

The Gobbler bats were hot once again with the first three hitters in the lineup combining for an 8 for 8 night at the plate with four walks and eight runs. Boothe was 4-4 for the second game in a row, with four runs. Chance Harryman was 3-3 with a double and 3 RBI's. Arndt was 1-1 with 3 walks. Kolton Smith added 2 RBI's on a double, Rangnow added another 3 RBI's with a deep triple, and Ross Goebel helped his own cause with a 2-3 night including a double.

This week the Gobblers (20-1, 6-0) stay home to face the Goliad Tigers on Tuesday night before heading to Gonzales on Friday to face the Apaches. As the regular season draws to a close, the playoff picture will start to become more clear. Cuero will look to close out their regular season with four more wins pushing their win streak to nineteen games.

Print this story  |  Email this story

Yes, All of the teams in their District have lost more total games through the whole season than they have won.

The 2A team Hallettesville that beat them 6-5 has lost two or three games in their 2A District play.

That is in no way saying that Cuero does not have a top ten team: it is just saying IMO they have not played the strength-of-schedule that a lot of other teams in 3A have played...Example Giddings, Bellville, Sweeny, Lufkin Hudson, Sinton, Taylor, Rockdale, Robinson, Wylie, Huffman, Carthage, etc:

Yes, All of the teams in their District have lost more total games through the whole season than they have won.

The 2A team Hallettesville that beat them 6-5 has lost two or three games in their 2A District play.

That is in know way saying that Cuero does not have a top ten team: it is just saying IMO they have not played the strength-of-schedule that a lot of other teams in 3A have played...Example Giddings, Bellville, Sweeny, Lufkin Hudson, Sinton, Taylor, Rockdale, Robinson, Wylie, Huffman, Carthage, etc:

Way overrated in my opinion.

That is in know way saying that Cuero does not have a top ten team: it is just saying IMO they have not played the strength-of-schedule that a lot of other teams in 3A have played...Example Giddings, Bellville, Sweeny, Lufkin Hudson, Sinton, Taylor, Rockdale, Robinson, Wylie, Huffman, Carthage, etc:

Way overrated in my opinion.

I think BC will set them back to earth.  8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83